Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Najis bathroom floor

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

I need some help with a ritual purity question as I made a mistake a couple of days ago and don't know if it needs fixing or how to fix it. A couple of days ago my bathroom floor was contaminated with droplets of urine and menses blood. It was very early in the morning and I wanted to purify it as quickly as possible. In my haste though I have suddenly realised that I may have missed a crucial step. My marja is Ayatollah al-Haydari and his instructions in this instance are: "When purifying land, the original Nijasah (impurity) must first be removed thereafter that area should be washed although the method of purifying land differs according to the type of land: 1- Hard land which cannot be penetrated by Nijasah, like ceramic floors and other floors like that. In this case after removing the original Nijasah, pouring water on the impure area will purify it and it is not necessary that the water is completely collected and dried up and even if some remains it is pure." 

The problem is I missed the first step. Instead of removing the droplets first I poured water directly over them and mopped it up all the water with kitchen paper towels. I then cleaned the affected area with disinfectant spray. I am satisfied that there are no germs left as a result of doing this but did I not actually make it tahir? The problem is since that morning my husband and I have taken multiple showers (I tend to shower twice a day and my husband once a day), so we have stepped over the floor with wet feet and then walked all over the flat on several occasions. So if I didn't make the bathroom floor tahir does that mean that all the surfaces our wet feet touched is now najis? This is basically our entire flat including our bed. Do I now need to burn our flat down? Should we just move and buy entirely new possessions? Ok, seriously, what do in this instance? Try and forget about it because I didn't know in this instance and just make sure to follow all the proper steps next time? Or is there a simple way to fix it? 

I would appreciate any advice

• Veteran Member

:salam:

First of all, you should ask yourself if you actually saw the wetness going on all over your flat. If not, then you might assume wetness dried before you reached the next room, and actually care about your bathroom floor only, which inshaAllah will make things easier. 

• Advanced Member
14 hours ago, Khaneh-yeDoostKojast said:

The problem is since that morning my husband and I have taken multiple showers (I tend to shower twice a day and my husband once a day),

Salam this is more than enough of water for Tahira of your floor which amount of water for first shower has been enough  for Tahira of foor since no trace of Najisa like color or smell of Najisa has not remained  on floor.

Guest Alk
On 4/14/2021 at 2:33 PM, realizm said:

:salam:

First of all, you should ask yourself if you actually saw the wetness going on all over your flat. If not, then you might assume wetness dried before you reached the next room, and actually care about your bathroom floor only, which inshaAllah will make things easier. 

Im sorry to say this, but this is the problem that makes things hard on many people including me. There is never a an answer to the real question. Like really, my feet who are wet right after a shower will dry when going from bathroom to bedroom, which is 5 feet away. 

The question is, here’s a second way to ask her original question: if my feet were drenched in water after the cleaning process mentioned above, and I walked with my super wet feet all over the house, is my whole house najis? Do I have to buy another house? Do I burn my house down? 

Im sorry I don’t mean to be rude, but I suffer from the same problems when it comes to tahara and najasa. All I get for answers is to not think about the doubts. Well forget about the doubts, what if it was true, and I didn’t purify correctly, my whole house is najis now?

Another scenario I read one time is a person not doing ghusl/wudu correctly and realized after some time, the answer was that he should repeat all prayers and fasting. Yea, so if it was an 88 year old person, he has to repeat almost 72 years worth of prayers and fasting. Makes sense!

• Veteran Member
22 hours ago, Guest Alk said:

Im sorry to say this, but this is the problem that makes things hard on many people including me. There is never a an answer to the real question. Like really, my feet who are wet right after a shower will dry when going from bathroom to bedroom, which is 5 feet away. 

The question is, here’s a second way to ask her original question: if my feet were drenched in water after the cleaning process mentioned above, and I walked with my super wet feet all over the house, is my whole house najis? Do I have to buy another house? Do I burn my house down? 

Im sorry I don’t mean to be rude, but I suffer from the same problems when it comes to tahara and najasa. All I get for answers is to not think about the doubts. Well forget about the doubts, what if it was true, and I didn’t purify correctly, my whole house is najis now?

Another scenario I read one time is a person not doing ghusl/wudu correctly and realized after some time, the answer was that he should repeat all prayers and fasting. Yea, so if it was an 88 year old person, he has to repeat almost 72 years worth of prayers and fasting. Makes sense!

I am trying to convince the sister she might consider all options, including most optimistic ones. I personally never get out of the shower completely soaked, at most with a bit of wetness which could perfectly dry in between two rooms, maybe the sister did so. 

As for your troubles, well bro, I live in a non tahir house, I left the idea to have full tahir floors, walls, toys, a long time ago. Western houses are not made for it anyway. I just keep it to tables, beds, couch, or things that imply cleanlyness. As for the rest, well I just live with it alhamdulillah, I did not sell or burn my house lol.