Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What is the most religious Christian country?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Does anyone have any idea? I mean a country where most of its youth don't have premarital sex,against lgbt. Etc...

I've seen articles online showing that there are some african Christian countries where majority don't have premarital sex and are against lgbt.althought I doubt most african Christian countries are like that

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, BleedKnee said:

Africans are pretty generally religious. I'm willing to bet you can find the best Muslims and Christians there. 

I agree you can find the most religious Muslims there and also for Christians but Christians there are much less religious than Muslims as many of them are becoming westernised while Muslims in Sub saharan africa are the ones who are against western influence.

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Dawid Das said:

I agree you can find the most religious Muslims there and also for Christians but Christians there are much less religious than Muslims as many of them are becoming westernised while Muslims in Sub saharan africa are the ones who are against western influence.

I think that's the case for upper-classes and the diaspora, but not sure if that could apply to all of Christian African societies, but I'm not entirely sure. It's definitely true though that western influences are a lot more stronger among Christian Africans than Muslim Africans, some of them even take pride in being more civilized (i.e. being more 'white') than their Muslim neighbours. Just want there to be a bit more nuance to this conversation. 

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, BleedKnee said:

I think that's the case for upper-classes and the diaspora, but not sure if that could apply to all of Christian African societies, but I'm not entirely sure. It's definitely true though that western influences are a lot more stronger among Christian Africans than Muslim Africans, some of them even take pride in being more civilized (i.e. being more 'white') than their Muslim neighbours. Just want there to be a bit more nuance to this conversation. 

I see also lots of african Christians think jesus was white. That's why they became westernised

• Advanced Member
19 hours ago, BleedKnee said:

I see. Interesting but I wouldn't know. I just go by what am seeing in real life and what other africans posts online

• Basic Members

An observation: As I have traveled over the last few years, I have been so encouraged to see in East Africa the wholesome, peaceful, neighborly villages where the Christians and Muslims live side by side. Perhaps this is due to the best of both faiths being exemplified in the simple daily living?

I know personally that the African church as a whole has been the one to hold the line on much of the debate within the American churches concerning the LGBTQ+ debate. I appreciate their standing strong! 

Perhpaps there is not one country but many regions where there are Christians living their faith out as they follow Jesus example?

• Advanced Member

@Dawid Das your other post on religious country is similar to this one.  I don't think there are any Christian countires - most or less.  A country can not be Christian. 

What is a Christian?  The original use of the word is recorded in the Injil Acts chapter 11:26 "The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch."

The term was a nick name - maybe derogatary or in insult which ment "Little Christ".  These people were trying to follow and copy the lifestyle and teaching of Jesus the Messiah.

On 4/12/2021 at 10:53 PM, BleedKnee said:

So being western or not has no bearing on whether you are Christian or not.  Why are western influences any less or more 'christian' than African or Middle Eastern or Far Eastern influences? 

I can live in the West have a western worldview and seek in my community to live a life like Jesus the Messiah just as a person in Africa or India or Pakistan can have an African or Asian worldview and seek to live a life which follows the teachings of Jesus the Messiah.

The clothes we wear or the music we listen to may not indicate what is going on in a person's heart.  People in every culture and country can encouter the living Messiah and experience the heart transformation he brings.

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

@Dawid Das your other post on religious country is similar to this one.  I don't think there are any Christian countires - most or less.  A country can not be Christian. 

What is a Christian?  The original use of the word is recorded in the Injil Acts chapter 11:26 "The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch."

The term was a nick name - maybe derogatary or in insult which ment "Little Christ".  These people were trying to follow and copy the lifestyle and teaching of Jesus the Messiah.

So being western or not has no bearing on whether you are Christian or not.  Why are western influences any less or more 'christian' than African or Middle Eastern or Far Eastern influences? 

I can live in the West have a western worldview and seek in my community to live a life like Jesus the Messiah just as a person in Africa or India or Pakistan can have an African or Asian worldview and seek to live a life which follows the teachings of Jesus the Messiah.

The clothes we wear or the music we listen to may not indicate what is going on in a person's heart.  People in every culture and country can encouter the living Messiah and experience the heart transformation he brings.

By western culture we mean liberal culture 

• Advanced Member

Why is Western culture any more liberal than Eastern or Asian culture? - there is imorality and violence and corruption and adiction etc etc in all cultures.

By focusing on the 'outward' we are ignoring the most important inner transformation.  Being 'Western' does not equate with being Christian or non Christian liberal or non liberal.  These are unhelpful labels.