In the Name of God بسم الله

Being wealthy

Rate this topic

notme

• Advanced Member
19 minutes ago, notme said:

But almost all rich people are not doing enough to help their world.  Wealth is a more difficult test than poverty.  

I agree, they want more and more and more. They start hoarding or use their money for power. This is one of the reasons why I don’t want to be rich.  

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Diaz said:

Money laundering and riba. 

okay lets address

1) define mouney laundering, if they are doing drugs and filtering out the money this is haram 

2) riba, as for riba ur gonna have to expand on this, recieving interest from non muslims is generally deemed permissible in shia fiqh, however if the interest recieved is from muslims, this is haram

• Advanced Member
25 minutes ago, Future_Banker_Insha Allah said:

okay lets address

1) define mouney laundering, if they are doing drugs and filtering out the money this is haram 

2) riba, as for riba ur gonna have to expand on this, recieving interest from non muslims is generally deemed permissible in shia fiqh, however if the interest recieved is from muslims, this is haram

that's exactly what they are doing. They are filtering out the money and receiving riba from muslims. Majority of muslims who do riba make it with other muslims. Not everyone is shia. Sadly my aunt use to receive a very high interest from my father when he needed help from her. She has a lot of money but she is not happy with her life. 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

I don't know why Muslims feel so guilty about acquiring wealth.

5- عِدَّةٌ مِنْ أَصْحَابِنَا عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عِيسَى عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللهِ عَنْ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنِ الْحَارِثِ بْنِ بَهْرَامَ عَنْ عَمْرِو بْنِ جُمَيْعٍ قَالَ سَمِعْتُ أَبَا عَبْدِ اللهِ (عَلَيْهِ السَّلام) يَقُولُ لا خَيْرَ فِي مَنْ لا يُحِبُّ جَمْعَ الْمَالِ مِنْ حَلالٍ يَكُفُّ بِهِ وَجْهَهُ وَيَقْضِي بِهِ دَيْنَهُ وَيَصِلُ بِهِ رَحِمَهُ.

5. A number of our people have narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn ‘Isa from abu ‘Abd Allah from ‘Abd al-Rahman ibn Muhammad from al-Harith ibn Bahram from ‘Amr ibn Jami’ who has said the following: “I heard abu ‘Abd Allah ((عليه السلام).), saying, ‘There is not much good in one who does not love to accumulate lawful wealth with which he can safeguard his dignity, pay off his debts and maintain good relations with relatives.’” 

Al-Kāfi - Volume 5, Using the Worldly Resources as Means for Success in the Hereafter, Hadith #5

https://thaqalayn.net/hadith/5/2/3/5

In fact, the Book of Commerce is a very good guide on this topic.

Sermon 209 of Nahj ul Balagha is also a good read.

Also, the fact that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) lived a very simple life, or that Bibi Fatima (S.A) had a simple mahr and dowry, is a subjective matter. The Muslims of that era were quite poor, and he (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) had to set an example. Imam Jafar ((عليه السلام)) explained this in response to Sufyan al Thawri's insolent questioning.

IMO if Muslims had even a fraction of the Judeo-Christian work ethic, and we all paid our due Zakat and Khums, then America and Israel wouldn't have been able to crush us so easily with so much impunity. I really dislike this Sufi-ish approach to money that has infected the Muslims across the world.

Edit: PS if someone can find the hadith about Abu Dharr ((رضي الله عنه)) storing a years worth of rations, please post it here. Otherwise, I will post it when I can find it.

Edited by Sabrejet

• Advanced Member
23 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

I don't know why Muslims feel so guilty about acquiring wealth.

5- عِدَّةٌ مِنْ أَصْحَابِنَا عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عِيسَى عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللهِ عَنْ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنِ الْحَارِثِ بْنِ بَهْرَامَ عَنْ عَمْرِو بْنِ جُمَيْعٍ قَالَ سَمِعْتُ أَبَا عَبْدِ اللهِ (عَلَيْهِ السَّلام) يَقُولُ لا خَيْرَ فِي مَنْ لا يُحِبُّ جَمْعَ الْمَالِ مِنْ حَلالٍ يَكُفُّ بِهِ وَجْهَهُ وَيَقْضِي بِهِ دَيْنَهُ وَيَصِلُ بِهِ رَحِمَهُ.

5. A number of our people have narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn ‘Isa from abu ‘Abd Allah from ‘Abd al-Rahman ibn Muhammad from al-Harith ibn Bahram from ‘Amr ibn Jami’ who has said the following: “I heard abu ‘Abd Allah ((عليه السلام).), saying, ‘There is not much good in one who does not love to accumulate lawful wealth with which he can safeguard his dignity, pay off his debts and maintain good relations with relatives.’” 

Al-Kāfi - Volume 5, Using the Worldly Resources as Means for Success in the Hereafter, Hadith #5

https://thaqalayn.net/hadith/5/2/3/5

In fact, the Book of Commerce is a very good guide on this topic.

Sermon 209 of Nahj ul Balagha is also a good read.

Also, the fact that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) lived a very simple life, or that Bibi Fatima (S.A) had a simple mahr and dowry, is a subjective matter. The Muslims of that era were quite poor, and he (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) had to set an example. Imam Jafar ((عليه السلام)) explained this in response to Sufyan al Thawri's insolent questioning.

IMO if Muslims had even a fraction of the Judeo-Christian work ethic, and we all paid our due Zakat and Khums, then America and Israel wouldn't have been able to crush us so easily with so much impunity. I really dislike this Sufi-ish approach to money that has infected the Muslims across the world.

Edit: PS if someone can find the hadith about Abu Dharr ((رضي الله عنه)) storing a years worth of rations, please post it here. Otherwise, I will post it when I can find it.

truly this brother! Ahsant!

remember, when meesam (عليه السلام) looked below him he saw the gold flowing under his feet, due to his love for Imam Ali (عليه السلام) is what i've heard, he was trading and /or doing some business. Imam came to him and they had an exchange which I forgot, but it ended like that I'm pretty sure. Heard it somewhere.

• Advanced Member
On 2/19/2022 at 1:17 AM, Silas said:

I am quite wealthy by world standards

It's never enough, and it just creates stress. 

Sure, there are many advantages, but there are drawbacks as well. Wealth is the golden handcuffs which promises us everything for a high price. 

its a mindset thing, if you change the way you think about your wealth you can change how it is in your life. Thats with most things in life, nothing is good or bad in itself its how you think about it. 

anyway cashapp me brooo