Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

• Advanced Member

:bismillah:

Does anyone know where to look for the announcement of Ramadan? Previous year I was checking najaf.org, will they announce it this year too? I don't see any message on the homepage like previous year.

Also if anyone wants, lets use this as the Ramadan 2021 thread and let us help each other get the most out of this holy month insa'allah.

5 hours ago, ahlulbaytkr said:

Does anyone know where to look for the announcement of Ramadan? Previous year I was checking najaf.org, will they announce it this year too? I don't see any message on the homepage like previous year.

Also if anyone wants, lets use this as the Ramadan 2021 thread and let us help each other get the most out of this holy month insa'allah.

Just to add brother,

A number of our people have narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad from Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn abu Nasr from Hisham ibn Salim from Sa‘d who has said the following:

“Once, we eight people were in the presence of Abu Ja’far Imam Muhammmad Al Baaqir (عليه السلام).

We spoke of Ramadan.

The Imam (عليه السلام) said, ‘You must not say, “This is Ramadan or Ramadan is gone or Ramadan has come.” Ramadan is one of the names of Allah, the Most Majestic, the Most Glorious, which does not come or go. What comes or goes is what is not durable. You instead should say, “The month of Ramadan.” The word “month” in this case is used in a possessive case in relation to the noun, the “name,” the name that is the name of Allah, the Most Majestic, the Most Glorious. This month is the one when the Holy Quran was revealed, and He has made it a festival and an example."

Al-Kāfi, Volume 4, the book of fasting, chapter of the prohibition of saying 'ramadhan' instead of the month of ramadhan.

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, ahlulbaytkr said:

:salam:

They will announce the 1st day  of the month of Ramadan on the evening of the 29th Shaaban In sha‘Allah  

• Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, Abu Nur said:

I pray for your success brother and to all our brothers and sisters to have beautiful, spiritual and successful Month of Ramadhan.

Thank u brother, same to u. What’s ur plan for this holy month?

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, Quran313 said:

If you live in north America, Council of Shia Muslim Scholars of North America emails and notifies you of the beginning of all arabic month

How does one get on the email list? 

• Basic Members

Studying for my exams :coffee:. Apart from that, I will insha'Allah do a complete reading of the Quran (khatma), practice my tajweed and read some Islamic books.

May Allah cleanse our hearts and instill enlightenment in us in this holy month.

Imam Amir-ul-Mu'mineen Ali (عليه السلام) said

Verily the Prophet of Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) addressed us one day, saying, "O people, verily the month of Allah (عزّ وجلّ) has come to you with benediction, mercy and forgiveness - a month that is the best of months in the sight of Allah (عزّ وجلّ), whose days are the best of days, whose nights are the best of nights, and whose hours are the best of hours. It is a month wherein you have been invited to the banquet of Allah (عزّ وجلّ) and have been made worthy of Allah's (عزّ وجلّ) magnanimity. Your breaths during this month are considered glorification [of Allah], and your sleep worship. Your actions in it are accepted and your supplication answered

"Upon hearing this, I stood up and asked, 'O Prophet of Allah, what is the best of deeds to be performed in this month?' 

He replied, 'O Abu al-Hasan (Ali) (عليه السلام) , the best of deeds in this month is to restrain oneself from all that Allah, Mighty and Exalted, has prohibited.

Ref:- Amali al-Saduq, p. 84, no. 4;Mizan ul Hikmah, page No. 760

Mizaan Al Hikmah PDF link: https://www.al-islam.org/printpdf/book/export/html/44195

• Advanced Member

Salam any info about when is the holy month of Ramadan?

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Diaz said:

I don't know about official declarations, but astronomical predictions seem to indicate that the crescent might be visible tomorrow night. 

• Advanced Member
31 minutes ago, Diaz said:

Apparently Najaf.org would be announcing it this evening... but I see nothing as of yet

• Advanced Member

Brothers and sisters,

:salam:

For if today is the last day of the month of Sha'baan, don't forget to recite the dua for the last night of Sha'baan and first eve of the Holy Month of Ramadan --> here.

Also don't forget to greet and welcome the Holy Month by reciting the 44th Dua from the Sahifa al-Sajjadiyyah --> here.
And also don't forget Dua Jawshan Al-Kabir, one of my favorites!! It's very recommended to recite it on the first eve of the month of Ramadan.

All A'maal (practices) can be found on Duas.org, may Allah bless our brothers and sisters who are facilitating this great service.

https://www.imams.us/predicting-the-crescent-moon-of-the-month-of-ramadan-1442-a-h/

In the Name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Predicting the Crescent Moon of the Month of Ramadan 1442, A.H.

To the respected believers in North America,

Peace be upon you.

According to astronomical data, the predominant possibility for the first day of the blessed month of Ramadan this year will be on Wednesday, April 14th, 2021 for all regions of North America. (See visibility curve below.)

For the believers residing in Southern California and regions in the vicinity, there is a very low possibility of sighting the crescent moon in San Diego during the sunset of Monday, April 12th. If sighted, this would make Tuesday the beginning of the month for those areas only.

Please note, a sighting in those regions will not change the start of the month for believers who reside in other parts of North America unless one emulates a jurist who establishes the beginning of the lunar month based on the sharing of the horizon of the same night (e.g., the late Sayyid al-Khoei).

We hope that the respected believers will patiently wait for the announcement by the Crescent Committee of the Council of Shia Muslim Scholars of North America, which will be issued late Monday.

May the peace, mercy, and blessings of God be upon you.

On behalf of the Crescent Committee,
Sayyid M. Rizvi, Secretary-General

F2021Apr12.thumb.jpg.fb36f3e0eb4204823b26b7f54c19de29.jpg

Not sure if there's been an update since.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

Did sayid Sistani announced when is the holy month or still? 

Edit:- oh he did announced today that it will be on Wednesday.

Edited by Diaz

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

In the Name of the Most High
Praise be to Allah Lord of the worlds and peace and blessings be upon Mohammad and his pure household
According to the announcement from the office of H. E. Ayatullah Seestani (long may he live) in the holy city of Najaf, Tuesday is the last day of Shabban, and Wednesday 14 April is the first day of the holy month of Ramadhan 1442 in the United Kingdom, European, Scandinavian countries, Middle East and the most of the world.

بسمه تعالى
اعلن مكتب سماحة اية الله العظمى السيد السيستاني (مد ظله) في النجف الاشرف بان يوم الثلاثاء هو المتمم لعدة شعبان وان يوم الاربعاء 14 نيسان 2021م هو اول ايام شهر رمضان المبارك لعام 1442هـ في بريطانيا والدول الاوربية والاسكندنافية والشرق الاوسط ومعظم دول العالم.
نسأل الله تعالى ان يجعله شهر خير وبركة لجميع المسلمين انه سميع مجيب
والسلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Najaf.org

Edited by ahlulbaytkr

• Advanced Member

Ramadan Mubarak everyone, inshallah this month will be better than the last. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) accept our good deeds in this holy month, May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) shower his blessing on us and on your loved ones. Stay safe everyone. 

4A06AD0F-9DE4-4117-B23F-F6C1F3FDE285.jpeg

E57538FF-DC40-4F0C-B1C5-36E4BAF22C66.jpeg

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, Quran313 said:

Untitled.png

So I went by this email as well and didn’t fast today. But just got an email this morning that it is first of Ramadan today in North America for most Marjae except Aya Sistani. 
does anyone know what the penalty is for this: fadya or kaffara? one email said it’s not fasting but then the other one says it is 1st Ramadan. Got everyone confused now. 

24 minutes ago, just_passing_by said:

So I went by this email as well and didn’t fast today. But just got an email this morning that it is first of Ramadan today in North America for most Marjae except Aya Sistani. 
does anyone know what the penalty is for this: fadya or kaffara? one email said it’s not fasting but then the other one says it is 1st Ramadan. Got everyone confused now. 

AoA;

Can you please share that email (the later one) Thanks 

• Advanced Member
41 minutes ago, just_passing_by said:

Salaam, can you post a screenshot here? 

• Moderators

I wonder who sighted the moon, and was it with eyes alone or binoculars, and from what location and what time. 

In my area, the moon will be 3% illuminated at sunset tonight, and then the moon will set. The illumination will be the same worldwide, but sunset and moonset times vary by location. It is only a small chance of actually seeing, but tonight will have been 30 days since last new crescent and so definitely will be 1 Ramadan tomorrow. 

I wonder where and how the 0.2% illuminated moon was visible. 

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, just_passing_by said:

Brother, that was the email that I got, but I fasted today as یوم الشک. It means if it was Ramazan, I fasted today. If it wasn't, I fasted as the last day of the holy month of Shaban.

Here is the rule. Always fast last day as یوم الشک. You don't lose anything. That's what I do every year

@notme  I know moon was sighted in the west coast, which is why the centres in California started from today. First hand account of a photographer, who sited and took picture of the moon can be found here http://www.organiclightphoto.com/blog/index.php/2021/04/an-old-friend-renewed-excitement/?fbclid=IwAR0JsrZTVEK-ZJic6DlBrsMIfni-ky3l-iT0yZwgjlakiYMCPmKNBfTfiIo

• The topic was locked