Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Mama's Boys

Rate this topic

Guest Girly

Why do I see so many Indian, Paki, Arab men that are mama's boys? I'm not trying to bash men, I know it's not all, but it is a very common thing to see. I'm not referring to a son that loves his mother, thats fine, I mean a grown man in his 20s who is pampered beyond belief. Sometimes doesn't even pick up his own dinner plate! Knows no such thing as responsibility or chores, and once he gets married, he puts his mother above his wife no matter what. 

• Advanced Member

Because older generations often had toxic marriages where the husband was cold and emotionally unavailable so the wife filled that emotional void with the next male figure in the house. And so she had a relationship and a bond with her son that she should have been having with her husband. A kind of emotional incest in a way. 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

I think it is because how in our culture fathers show no love at all to the kids. Our mothers give us a lot of love though and our fathers none at all so we develop a special connection to our mother. This was atleas the case for me. Even though i wouldn't consider myself a "mama's boy" i would always place my mother above any other woman. She raised me despite all the hard times and showed me love and no woman will ever be able to do the same to me.

Edited by Khurasani
Guest Mama's Boy

It is an honour. It is under her feet, heaven lies.

Mama > Wife. 

Hahaha jk.

Truth > All

57 minutes ago, Guest Girly said:

I mean a grown man in his 20s who is pampered beyond belief. Sometimes doesn't even pick up his own dinner plate! Knows no such thing as responsibility or chores

Yeee this not good, although I don't see it happening as much now. 

• Veteran Member
20 hours ago, Khurasani said:

I think it is because how in our culture fathers show no love at all to the kids. Our mothers give us a lot of love though and our fathers none at all so we develop a special connection to our mother. This was atleas the case for me. Even though i wouldn't consider myself a "mama's boy" i would always place my mother above any other woman. She raised me despite all the hard times and showed me love and no woman will ever be able to do the same to me.

really ? which culture is that ?

• Veteran Member
21 hours ago, Guest Girly said:

Why do I see so many Indian, Paki, Arab men that are mama's boys? I'm not trying to bash men, I know it's not all, but it is a very common thing to see. I'm not referring to a son that loves his mother, thats fine, I mean a grown man in his 20s who is pampered beyond belief. Sometimes doesn't even pick up his own dinner plate! Knows no such thing as responsibility or chores, and once he gets married, he puts his mother above his wife no matter what. 

Prophet preferred his family even his Cousin Ali over his wife Aisha , so whats your point 

• Advanced Member

nothing ruins perfectly healthy marriages than sharing what happens between husband and wife with their parents. mama’s boys have this tendency of doing that. also, indo-pak men expect their wives to love their parents as much as they do. not happening, especially when your mama is fixated on your wife’s shortcomings and fails to see the good in her like she does in her own daughter. pfft