Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Allah ((سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)) cannot be seen

Rate this topic

• Moderators

Salaam Aleikum,

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Dharr: I asked the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him): Did you see thy Lord? He said: He is a Light. How could I see Him? (Sahih Muslim, Book 001, Number 0341)

- He is also a light eternity doesn't depend on Time and no vision can see such a light.

If you say that in day of judgement Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will be seen, then again It will contradict with this narration., because Allah is a light and no vision can be see Him.

• Advanced Member

The mind and the organ of sense can experience only external objects. They cannot see Allah. The mind by itself has no consciousness, but appears to be conscious only because reflection of light of Allah on it.
Sense organs also derive their apparent sentiency from this reflection. This being so, it is obvious that mind and sense organs cannot see Allah.

• Moderators
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Shahrukh K said:

The mind and the organ of sense can experience only external objects. They cannot see Allah. The mind by itself has no consciousness, but appears to be conscious only because reflection of light of Allah on it.
Sense organs also derive their apparent sentiency from this reflection. This being so, it is obvious that mind and sense organs cannot see Allah.

Very well said Brother. The heart also have eyes and they can see Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). We all believe that in Heaven we do have organ of senses to experience external object, thus it apply to same thing, that with such a organs we can never see Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).

Edited by Abu Nur
  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

To be fair what I think they believe is will there be some representation of God on judgement day or will it be like in this life where He will be whispering into His emissaries commands and they will do what He wills , as opposed to some distinguished placeholder being there representing God like some light or whatever some force manifestation which will have a voice like the voice that spoke from the bush to Musa etc commanding and orchestrating the whole thing 

I think this is what they mean although I could be wrong 

Edited by theEndIsNear
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, theEndIsNear said:

To be fair what I think they believe is will there be some representation of God on judgement day or will it be like in this life where He will be whispering into His emissaries commands and they will do what He wills , as opposed to some distinguished placeholder being there representing God like some light or whatever some force manifestation which will have a voice like the voice that spoke from the bush to Musa etc commanding and orchestrating the whole thing 

I think this is what they mean although I could be wrong 

That is not what the wordings imply. The wordings in hadith imply that they are going see the God as the same way how you see the clear moon.