Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Was ayatollah khomeini bad ?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

There many people and some news articles that say ayatollah khomeini was bad and he did bad things, do we have to research and find out if he was bad,

And also research if people say that an ayatollah who has died was bad, or an ayatollah who is alive is bad ?

Guest Kakamora
1 hour ago, razkjgty5 said:

There many people and some news articles that say ayatollah khomeini was bad and he did bad things, do we have to research and find out if he was bad,

And also research if people say that an ayatollah who has died was bad, or an ayatollah who is alive is bad ?

firstly were all men blind who were with Ayotullah khomeini and saw him in daily life?

If he was bad then it was haram for all iranians to follow him including all educated marajas. So stop believing anything you hear blindly

• Advanced Member

I think one should consider the actions and the intention of people in their time context and conditions. Otherwise any evaluation or judgement becomes unfair...

He grounded the first government in the world with the ideology to wait for our hidden Imam. It was in theory something good, but if people couldn’t implement it as good as it was meant to be, it was not necessarily his fault. So, in my opinion he is an admirable personality...

Ya Allah

K

• Advanced Member

I don't people can think ill of him not until there is a real discussion about him and Iran and not the childish propaganda that I see. They will not concede ANYTHING to Khomeini, not a single positive thing. And it is VERY difficult to hear the other side of the argument which should also ring alarm bells in your head. To them he was all bad from beginning to end. He was like Stalin and Hitler, except unlike them Khomeini tripped and stumbled his way into power, and the Irani people were overly delusionally fanatical about him but also, at the same exact time, they all secretly hated him. And forget the part where I said he stumbled his way into power, he also manipulated his way into power so like, they get to have their cake and eat it.

Here are my gripes with his muddied image:

Where are his palaces and mansions? 

Where are his concubines and mistresses?

Why is it okay that when WWII ended, the Allies rounded up the Nazis and executed them and this is fine, but Khomeini is like Stalin when he rounds up the very people who oppressed Iran and executes them? 

If you say he is a tyrant and like the other tyrants, where are the multiple episodes of him committing "mass murder"? How come it's just one single case?

Why don't you say anything about Saudi Arabia or other countries led by one person? Is it only an issue when it's Shia?

• Advanced Member

:bismillah:

He was a great man. And like all great men, he had his strengths and his weaknesses. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) bless his soul, and may He (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) forgive his mistakes.

He (rh) is a role model for me. His life is an embodiment of the teachings of the 14 infallibles (عليه السلام). Whatever shortcomings he had pale into insignificance in front of the great services he did and sacrifices he made for the cause of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) 's religion.

He is a mujaddid of the school of Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام), just like Allama al-Hilli (rh) and Allama al-Majlisi (rh).

• Advanced Member

Every great personality in their time formed enemies. And those enemies plotted and conspired in different ways against them. Same goes with Imam al Khomeini (رضي الله عنه). His greatness is not at all doubtful. But his enemies will do everything to bring him down. 

Such agendas and such character assassination tactics has always been a way of worst people. The corrupt jews, muslims and christians have always played these games for centuries. 

We all know how Imam Ali's (عليه السلام) character was brought down in Syria by there dictator Muawiya and the banu Umayya. We all know what corrupt Jews always said about Jesus. How they attacked him, insulted him and finally tried to assassinate him. Even after he was gone till date they conspire to assassinate his character.

These are the best people world has ever seen. Imam al Khomeini (رضي الله عنه) is just one follower of the great holy infallibles. Why will the world spare him.

I hope you got the answer.

Wassalam