Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

A homeopathic medicine thats made of salts ?

• Advanced Member
47 minutes ago, razkjgty5 said:

There is a homeopathic medicine named biosplasgen no.20, that is made of salts, and it says excipients Q.S to 104mg, what are excipients and are they halal ?

Homeopathic medicines are mostly prepared by the pharmacy employees itself. soo out of my wn experience when we are going to prepare we are firstly weighting the  medicines, then we put them in a mortar and we make them very thin as powder after that we put them into a cillinder and we bring the excipients together until prescribed amount. in you're case its 104mg. 

expedients are substances that help, for example emulator can be a form of it, anti static powders, etc... 

if it goes about homeopathic medicines you should now that most of them are made with alcohol and dilute up to 100 times or even more.  In my opinion its allowed to take medicines with alcohol in it. Even non-homeopathic medicines are containing ethanol(alcohol) I remember me that i created a cough syrup and it also contained alcohol in it. 

soo if we go to expedients and even ingredients, yes there is a possibility they are made of non halal things, but this is not always the case.  in my opinion if it goes about medicines and non medicines there doesn't exist halal or haram. because its a medicine.obviously you should ask youre merja about his opinion if its allowed or not. 

out of my head if you want some examples of expedients in capsules then we have

• Aerosil (sillicum)  this one is used to make the powder flow easy 

and as a capsul filler 

• Cellulosum (avicel)

Both ingredients are Halal. 

---

its soo hard to explain, becuase I am laways pashionate about such subjects that i dont know where to start 

• Advanced Member

The medicine which I am talking about is called biosplasgen no.20 made by Schwabe Germany and it is made with biochemic salts, so do I need to find out if the excipient or excipients is made from non halal ingredients ?

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, razkjgty5 said:

There is a homeopathic medicine named biosplasgen no.20, that is made of salts, and it says excipients Q.S to 104mg, what are excipients and are they halal ?

soo basically as what i said by the previous post, I am not specialized in homeopathy its also not my recommendation but i will try to help you. 

I searched up that medicine and found this  

DESCRIPTION N20.jpg

PRODUCT NAME: Bioplasgen No. 20 Skin Disease

Product Form: Tablets

Pack Size: 20g Tablets

Marketed By: Dr.Willmar Schwabe Germany(Pvt) Ltd Dr

COMPOSITION: 1 tablet contains: Calcium fluoratum 6X 20 mg; Calcium sulfuricum 6X 20 mg; Kalium sulfuricum 3X 20 mg; Natrium muriaticum 6X 20 mg; Natrium sulfuricum 3X 20 mg; Excipients Q.S. to 104 mg.

INDICATION: Traditionally used as supportive treatment in skin disease.Scurfy eruptions on the scalp and faces of children; eczemas due to uterine disorders; acne; pemphigus; herpes; erysipelas; crusta lactea (cradle cap) and similar eruptive diseases.Calcium fluoratum.   

--------

soo if we go detailed into ingredients

Calcium fluoratum- its calcium, and its good for teeth,skin

Kalium sulfuricum- is a mineral that is known to carry oxygen

Natrium muriaticum- salt 

Natrium sulfuricum-salt

Excipients- as what i said these are ingrediants that is helping to create the medicine, also possible a emulgator. 

I have one question what are you exactly searching for? something against skin disease? You can better ask me, I have experience with diferent medicines. Homeophattic medicines often dont work 

• Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, razkjgty5 said:

The medicine which I am talking about is called biosplasgen no.20 made by Schwabe Germany and it is made with biochemic salts, so do I need to find out if the excipient or excipients is made from non halal ingredients ?

I would say its supposed to be a medicine and it should be halal no matter what. I am also just taking medicines and i dont care about ingridiants expet if i get side effects. 

you can take them, mostly homeopathic medicines are good, if you are still doubting then ask youre marja

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, razkjgty5 said:

Do I need to ask a marja if I am doubting ?

yes do it. 

in my opinion its allowed to take it. but i am not a marja

• Advanced Member
Ayatollah Sistani says:
351. It is not obligatory on a Muslim to investigate whether or not the medicine [given to him] consists of forbidden ingredients, even if the process of reading a result is easy for him.

Does that apply to if I am taking the medicine myself which I have bought for acne and no doctor has prescribed it to me 

• Advanced Member
On 4/5/2021 at 11:55 PM, razkjgty5 said:
Ayatollah Sistani says:
351. It is not obligatory on a Muslim to investigate whether or not the medicine [given to him] consists of forbidden ingredients, even if the process of reading a result is easy for him.

Does that apply to if I am taking the medicine myself which I have bought for acne and no doctor has prescribed it to me 

also, aplies, you can use it