Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

No grounds in Shi'a Islam?

Rate this topic

Guest Wayfaring Problem

Why are the Shi'a not able to ground any of their claims with regards to Islam? As an outsider, it is very odd to see that these people claim to follow people whom are put on such a pedestal, but they are doing the complete opposite of them. An example of this is cursing - this is what is considered innovation, which is reprehensible and the repentance of one who innovates is not accepted (correct me if I'm wrong). Ali ibn Abi Talib, Fatimah, Ibn Abbas, Hassan, Hussein, Ja'far ibn Abi Talib, etc. and none of them cursed the revered Sunni figures of Abu Bakr, Omar, Othman, Aisha, Hafsa, and the likes of them. This is one of many things I have an issue with.

This is very incongruent for me and I cannot really accept this. I've been looking to see if Shi'a Islam is the real deal instead of Sunni Islam, but it just doesn't sit well with me. I'm a person who digs deep into something before I fully commit to it because I couldn't care less as to who is spiteful of my choices, as long as I know it is right and it is what God/Allah wants. However, the problem is that there are many inconsistencies and loopholes in this version of Islam. Things are allowed that were not practiced before or by the Imams of the Shi'a, such as mutah marriages. As far as I've looked, from Muhammad to Hasan al-Askari, none of them practiced mutah. This is an issue for me, because why do something the great Messenger of God didn't do? Or his beloved family which you claim to follow? I see a lot of inconsistencies with Sunni Islam, but it can be explained rationally if one isn't being emotional - which is natural. All people make mistakes even if you think they don't, except in the cases God has a say in of course.

However, my problem is that the Shi'a do not have a foundation with their belief system if one is to look at things objectively. They even get their narration science from the Sunnis, which is a problem considering these are the people who are considered enemies to God. Why take from the enemies of God? I have a lot of problems with the Shi'a version of Islam. I know this place is the wrong place to go to because I know nobody here is a scholar and would give opinions rather than facts because you are unlearned, but I thought I would share my opinion anyway.

It just doesn't make any sense to me. Nothing is connecting, and for me, things must connect. It cannot be any other way. It has to be as.... a domino effect, per say. Something culminative. It cannot be scattered because from what I know and read about the Qur'an, it is a clear book sent down from God Himself. It doesn't make sense to have everything random and have things set to our own affairs. Why would God do that knowing we would still disobey Him while His guidance is present? Is that something logical to assume about our Creator?

Before commenting or responding, please do not see this as an attack. I am just stating something that is observable to me through rationality. Thank you.

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)

You state; Theres no grounds in Shia Islam  yet you did not establish what  Shia Islam is based upon? 

Here is the list of pillars of Shia Islam:

Quran 

Imamate

Tawheed

Namaz

fasting

zakat

Kumus

judgment day

Amr bil Ma'ruf wa Nahy an al Munkar"

Hajj

Which pillar of Shia Islam do you diagree with from the list? Or is it you want to have a polemical discussion? 

Edited by power

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Guest Wayfaring Problem said:

They even get their narration science from the Sunnis,

How can we take something from schools that came 200, 300, 1200, or 1300 years after us? If a father and a son are both walking who will say the latter taught the former how to walk?

An example of this is cursing

What do you say to Allah in the Quran cursing so many people, liars for instance? Even there is a cuss word in surag Qalam verse 13.

what I know and read about the Qur'an, it is a clear book

Great. Stick to reading it more. Read the verses of Imamate, ablutions, prayers times, mutah, inheritance, everything. You will find the truth. It will change your mind. Your friends might stop you from reading it alone.

Edited by The Green Knight

Why are the Shi'a not able to ground any of their claims with regards to Islam? As an outsider, it is very odd to see that these people claim to follow people whom are put on such a pedestal, but they are doing the complete opposite of them. An example of this is cursing - this is what is considered innovation, which is reprehensible and the repentance of one who innovates is not accepted (correct me if I'm wrong). Ali ibn Abi Talib, Fatimah, Ibn Abbas, Hassan, Hussein, Ja'far ibn Abi Talib, etc. and none of them cursed the revered Sunni figures of Abu Bakr, Omar, Othman, Aisha, Hafsa, and the likes of them. This is one of many things I have an issue with.

This is very incongruent for me and I cannot really accept this. I've been looking to see if Shi'a Islam is the real deal instead of Sunni Islam, but it just doesn't sit well with me. I'm a person who digs deep into something before I fully commit to it because I couldn't care less as to who is spiteful of my choices, as long as I know it is right and it is what God/Allah wants. However, the problem is that there are many inconsistencies and loopholes in this version of Islam. Things are allowed that were not practiced before or by the Imams of the Shi'a, such as mutah marriages. As far as I've looked, from Muhammad to Hasan al-Askari, none of them practiced mutah. This is an issue for me, because why do something the great Messenger of God didn't do? Or his beloved family which you claim to follow? I see a lot of inconsistencies with Sunni Islam, but it can be explained rationally if one isn't being emotional - which is natural. All people make mistakes even if you think they don't, except in the cases God has a say in of course.

However, my problem is that the Shi'a do not have a foundation with their belief system if one is to look at things objectively. They even get their narration science from the Sunnis, which is a problem considering these are the people who are considered enemies to God. Why take from the enemies of God? I have a lot of problems with the Shi'a version of Islam. I know this place is the wrong place to go to because I know nobody here is a scholar and would give opinions rather than facts because you are unlearned, but I thought I would share my opinion anyway.

It just doesn't make any sense to me. Nothing is connecting, and for me, things must connect. It cannot be any other way. It has to be as.... a domino effect, per say. Something culminative. It cannot be scattered because from what I know and read about the Qur'an, it is a clear book sent down from God Himself. It doesn't make sense to have everything random and have things set to our own affairs. Why would God do that knowing we would still disobey Him while His guidance is present? Is that something logical to assume about our Creator?

Before commenting or responding, please do not see this as an attack. I am just stating something that is observable to me through rationality. Thank you.

I have answers for all your questions and arguments. Perhaps, if we talk personally, it might turn out to be more insightful. Let me know. I can provide you either my email or discord id. 

Note: to the mods, my all information will be anonymous so please feel free to approve my post. 

• Veteran Member
9 hours ago, Guest Wayfaring Problem said:

All people make mistakes

Well, NO. The Prophets and Messinger's -(عليه السلام). had personal faults and challenges, but they did not make "mistakes" -as this word implies a sin.

• Veteran Member
9 hours ago, Guest Wayfaring Problem said:

Ali ibn Abi Talib . . . Aisha,

l'm Sunni, but l believe SC had a discussion in the last year about Ali and Ayisha having a serious disagreement. One of SC's members, inshallah, will quickly remind us of that dispute. Like in a single paragraph. But l do not fathom that one would have cursed the other.

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, power said:

Which pillar of Shia Islam

The "pillars" as they are so inadequately described is the Ayat 2:177 -all of it to include firmness and patience in times of panic/instability.

ln actuality, lsIam is all the Quran, and hadith supplements.

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

zanim

The word is a deriva5tive of the word "Zina" and it means "Base-born" translated by Shakir. And if you read the exegesis it tells the name of the person the verses came for.

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, The Green Knight said:

The word is a deriva5tive of the word "Zina" and it means

No it is not. The tri-literal root is zay nun mim and this tri-literal onIy occurs in this Ayat. You are totally wrong. lt means "utterly useless".

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)

[Shakir 68:13] Ignoble, besides all that, base-born;
[Pickthal 68:13] Greedy therewithal, intrusive.
[Yusufali 68:13] Violent (and cruel),- with all that, base-born,-

[Pooya/Ali Commentary 68:8]

Zanim means the son of an adulteress. When this verse was revealed, Walid, very proud of his high position among the Quraysh, in anger and desperation, went to his mother and demanded the truth about his birth. His mother said: "Your father was a very rich man, but as he was impotent we did not have any child; and I did not want his brother's sons to own our wealth, so I cohabited with a slave and you were born."

https://quran.al-islam.org/

Wassalaam.

Dear brother,

Let me answer your questions in some big bullet points so that you have clarity on our Islamic values

1. On cursing the companions, firstly it is not recommended in Shia Islam. We avoid using derogatory terms for anyone and that is what the Shia Islam teaches us. Some people personally may choose to be on the extreme however this is their choice and something which doesn't affect the essence of Islam. For example, Muawiyah used to curse Hazrat Ali in public (its on record in Authentic hadiths), so the first question should be on to Muawiyah and his followers.

Companions had differences during their time, and we Shias have some major differences from them because of their approach to Islam and this has all been proven through numerous chains.

2. There are no loopholes in Shia Islam. Infact this is the only sect where every practice and ritual is proven. The way of ablution, prayers, using earth for prostration.
About Mutah, you are wrong that it was not there at the time of the Prophet. Infact it was never prohibited and the prohibition stories are all made up. The Quran state other wise and so does the Ahadiths which support this narrative. Also the fact the Mutah by virtue feels like a bad thing however if you think about it, its same as Nikah with the same conditions and instead to giving a divorce manually you choose before hand when can you end this marriage.

3. Talking about foundation, its actually Sunni Islam which has no foundation. The three major sub sects within Sunni islam i.e Barailvism, Deo bandi, Salafism - Ahle Hadith - Wahabissm are all 18th/19th century inventions. These schools had no presence in Islam what so ever and the current foundation of Sunni Islam depends on these latest innovation. Shia Islam on the other hand was prevalent since early days of Islam when people chose to side by Ali (عليه السلام) as opposed to someone who forged an election to come into power.

• Advanced Member
12 hours ago, The Green Knight said:

What do you say to Allah in the Quran cursing so many people, liars for instance? Even there is a cuss word in surag Qalam verse 13.

He will not be questioned about anything He does, but all people will be questioned about their deeds. Verse 23 surat l-anbiyaa

Is there any command for Muslims to follow Sunnah of Allah?

• Veteran Member
9 hours ago, The Green Knight said:

The word is a deriva5tive of the word "Zina" and it means "Base-born" translated by Shakir

2 hours ago, The Green Knight said:

Zanim means the son of an adulteress.

Zina has the tri-literal root zay nun ya  which occurs 9 times in Quran. lt means fornicating.

Zay nun mim occurs only once and means utterly useless.

• Veteran Member
4 hours ago, The Green Knight said:

Fixed.

Not quite. You forgot to strike out the mim, so it is zay nun ya.

lz gettin' demented, so why are you careless? :D

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, power said:

You state; Theres no grounds in Shia Islam  yet you did not establish what  Shia Islam is based upon? 

Here is the list of pillars of Shia Islam:

Quran 

Imamate

Tawheed

Namaz

fasting

zakat

Kumus

judgment day

Amr bil Ma'ruf wa Nahy an al Munkar"

Hajj

Which pillar of Shia Islam do you diagree with from the list? Or is it you want to have a polemical discussion? 

Love how Imamate is second (and above Tawheed) on the list but Prophethood is nowhere to found. As if we received the Quran through Imams. Rasoolallah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) gets no love by mainstream Shias and it’s a shame.

Edited by 786:)

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Not quite. You forgot to strike out the mim, so it is zay nun ya.

lz gettin' demented, so why are you careless? :D

Bro I have only fixed it so it matches what is written in arabic in the Quran. It would be very interesting if you could show actual scholars who agree with your version of its translation even orthodox Sunni scholars.

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mohamad Abdel-Hamid said:

The bother made a mistake. The pillars of faith (or roots) of Shia Islam are 5: Tawheed, Divine Justice, Prophethood, Imamate and Judgment day. Meanwhile, the branches (the main practices) are 10: Prayer, fasting, hajj, zakat, khums, jihad, enjoining good, forbidding evil, tawalla and tabarra.

Just because one brother made a mistake doesn't mean he reperesents all of us, don't generalize.

We didn't receive Qur'an from the Imams, please don't be ridiculous. And the fact that you're saying that the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) gets no love by mainstream Shias and that "it’s a shame" is totally wrong.

Thanks for pointing out the mistakes. 

Edited by power

• Advanced Member
On 3/29/2021 at 8:57 AM, Guest Wayfaring Problem said:

Ali ibn Abi Talib, Fatimah, Ibn Abbas, Hassan, Hussein, Ja'far ibn Abi Talib, etc. and none of them cursed the revered Sunni figures of Abu Bakr, Omar, Othman, Aisha, Hafsa, and the likes of them. This is one of many things I have an issue with.

Mashallah brother your inquisitive mind and sincerity in following the Ahlulbayt is truly depicted in the points you have raised, indeed we ought to follow the Ahlulbayt and not those who claim to be representing the Ahlulbayt like the Ghulat and abbasid informants. 

I highly recommend looking into Zaidi Shi'ism which is the unadulterated form of Shia Islam, free from the influences of the Ghulat, the Abbasids, the Akhbaris, and the many sieges of those who have contributed to the misguidance of twelver Shi'ism. 

As for the issue of cursing the Sahaba the Zaidis completely prohibit that and say that they do not go ahead of Imam Ali in insulting them, because as you stated he did not do such. We also do not say that they are Kuffar, rather they made a great mistake by taking the position of Imam Ali and in regards to Aisha and those who went out on Imam Ali we see that they did make repentance and in the end Allah will judge rightly between them. If you ask about the incident of the door, it is clear that the Zaidis hold it to not have occurred i.e Umar killing Al-Zahra, what you will find is the threat, but of course threatening and doing is a lot more different and as I stated, we do not pass judgement ahead of Imam Ali, Fatima, Al-Hussan/Hussein. 

Things are allowed that were not practiced before or by the Imams of the Shi'a, such as mutah marriages

The Shia (Zaidis) completely prohibit the practicing of Mutah, as well as anal copulation, and Taqiyyah (in the 12er sense).

I see a lot of inconsistencies with Sunni Islam

Zaidi Shi'ism will free you from these inconsistencies, because it will allow you to hold on to the Ahlulbayt, yet be from the exaggerations of the 12ers and Sunnis.

get their narration science from the Sunnis

Excellent point, the Zaidis are very intellect oriented, therefore, they don't mind taking from Bukhari/Muslim as long as it does not contradict the Quran and the fundamental teachings of the Ahlulbayt. 

It cannot be scattered because from what I know and read about the Qur'an, it is a clear book sent down from God Himself. It doesn't make sense to have everything random and have things set to our own affairs. Why would God do that knowing we would still disobey Him while His guidance is present? Is that something logical to assume about our Creator?

It is truly refreshing to see such clear and legitimate sentiments, my dear brother here are some great materials to start with and please do not hesitate to E-mail me if you have inquiries, or would like more resources. If you read Arabic the process will be all the more easier, however, English is fine.

I used to be a twelver (from birth) ever since I looked into Zaidism, read the works of the Imams, etc. It was as if a fierce tidal view destroyed whatever preconceived fallacies I had, Twelvers think that the moment you believe in Imam Ali and the members of Al-Kisa you're automatically part of them which is a grand misconception, of course discounting Ismailis because they believe in another form of esoteric interpretation that ended with the rise of the Agha Khans and also the changing of the Shariah.  

Speaking of esotericism and occultism, the Zaidis do not believe that the Mahdi is in an occultation! This goes against the justice of Allah and goes against the meaning of guidance, how can an Imam be hidden when he ought to guide the Ummah? This thread should adequately address some of my sentiments regarding this delusion of occultation: 

Please E-Mail me at: Halifulquran@gmail.com 

And check out this material for a precursory overview:

{You Absolutely have to read this work} 

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/6b043d6c-6d62-4f64-9891-f5c37a36a729/downloads/Sublime Answers.pdf?ver=1613893403765

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/6b043d6c-6d62-4f64-9891-f5c37a36a729/downloads/The Precious Necklace.pdf?ver=1613893403492

{Regarding Temporary Marriage}

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/6b043d6c-6d62-4f64-9891-f5c37a36a729/downloads/Temporary marriage.pdf?ver=1613893403766

{Response to the 12 Caliph Hadith forgery}

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/6b043d6c-6d62-4f64-9891-f5c37a36a729/downloads/A Zaydi response to the hadith on the twelve C.pdf?ver=1613893403766

And so much more!

May Allah bless you and aid you in your journey.

1 hour ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

Man akhi why you gotta challenge Mutah? lol its hard for us vatos in the west. And the arabs dont trust any white mexicans to marry their daughters lol. 

On a serious note, your links are intriguing. I will investigate them. 

• Veteran Member
6 hours ago, The Green Knight said:

Bro I have only fixed it so it matches what is written in arabic in the Quran. It would be very interesting if you could show actual scholars who agree with your version of its translation even orthodox Sunni scholars.

Go to corpus.quran.

lt is all there.

• Advanced Member
14 hours ago, MexicanVato said:

Man akhi why you gotta challenge Mutah? lol its hard for us vatos in the west. And the arabs dont trust any white mexicans to marry their daughters lol. 

On a serious note, your links are intriguing. I will investigate them. 

Once again it’s because of culture and nationalism. Like who cares what race or culture someone has. If I have a daughter in sha Allah and she loves someone and he is good especially in his deen,respects,honest down to earth then why not we are all humans I don’t believe in nation flags and map borders written but some people.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/30/2021 at 12:10 AM, The Green Knight said:

How can we take something from schools that came 200, 300, 1200, or 1300 years after us? If a father and a son are both walking who will say the latter taught the former how to walk?

I do think it is imperative that you should not speak before having knowledge about this. Your analogy is flawed because hadith sciences were not available to the Arabs prior to the Messenger because everything was orally transmitted. 666de7_ceafe10c1bf840db938f83967af3a719~
This is literally from your book, Wasa'il ul-Shia by your renowned hadith master, al-Amili. He is literally stating that the hadith sciences come from the Sunnis. Here's another one from the same aforementioned:

666de7_cd88fcebd2424049b33cf7e71ecf3e54~
Your hadith sciences are from the Sunnis. Again, it is imperative you learn before you speak. This would do you a great deal.

Are you speaking of the word زنيم? You'd be right in saying that it is a "bad word", but not in this context. Arabic always changes with the words surrounding it. In this context, it means worthless or literally without use; useless. I do not think you can use that as an argument. That's another problem added to the list - the Shi'a don't even understand the Qur'an as the Sunnis do. Why would you give your interpretation when it is clearly wrong? Why not give a scholarly opinion or someone learned?

Great. Stick to reading it more. Read the verses of Imamate, ablutions, prayers times, mutah, inheritance, everything. You will find the truth. It will change your mind. Your friends might stop you from reading it alone.

There are no verses on Imamate. That is my problem. I am trying hard to find them, but why are they not clear? Allah always says the Book is mainly clear, so why wouldn't something so hefty as Imamte be in the Qur'an? I have been studying the Quran for a while. Been studying Arabic for some years. The Shi'a claim grows weaker the more I inquire. Why is one of the most, if not the most improtant thing in the QUran mentoned? Why is it not there? Why are the SUnnis able to affirm all of their claims using the Qurna? Why is it not the same for the Shi'a? 

On 3/29/2021 at 11:44 PM, power said:

Imamate, because Allah does not even mention anything regarding it in the Qur'an. It is simply a derivative from the Shi'a point of view. It's as if it is cherry-picked in order for them to have something to stand on. Their beliefs go against the Qur'an, from what I've seen.

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)

Your analogy is flawed because hadith sciences were not available to the Arabs prior to the Messenger

My analogy is actually spot on then. Your schools returned to the way of the messenger (and also imperatively to the way of the jamaat of the three caliphs (for bughz of Ali)) much later during Abassid rule. Read some history. If the concept of Imamate is so alien then why did Sunni choose 4 Imams from 4 corners of the Islamic world? What was the criteria? Did these invent hadith sciences? Read how your "hadiths" were chosen, about 0.1 million of them burnt, the biggest numbers narrated by a very late Jewish convert and the second biggest allegedly by a unwise teen age girl while 1 woman's testimony is insufficient in Islam.

Its very easy to spew ignorance and deny and copy paste and to think you win debates, its not easy to digest the truth.

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)
On 4/21/2021 at 10:21 PM, Guest Wayfaring Problem said:

Imamate, because Allah does not even mention anything regarding it in the Qur'an. It is simply a derivative from the Shi'a point of view. It's as if it is cherry-picked in order for them to have something to stand on. Their beliefs go against the Qur'an, from what I've seen.

Brother your view about the verses of quran for immamate is deceptive.  The quran does define the principle of Immamate  for Imams & chosen  representatives by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) for  the guidance of the nation and they are not selected by the people.

The examples of chosen representatives as imams & caliphs include: Hz ibrahim, Hz Yaqoob, Hz Adam, Hz Dawood AS. However i do not find a single example of any leader / prophet /caliph or imam mentioning his name that was chosen by the people for the guidance of the nation. 

After the principle of imams as chosen representatives by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) the hadiths of the prophet provide further details on this principle  defined in the verses of quran.

wasalam

Edited by Muslim2010

• Veteran Member
On 4/22/2021 at 6:21 AM, Guest Wayfaring Problem said:

The above  statement is not a refutation on Immamate, its merely a view point from the Sunnis perspective. If you want to engage in a dicussion on Immamate then laid down a comprehensive refutation, without copying and pasting. 

speak to you soon..

Just because you have been told that Ahlulbait had good relations, they named their children on names of sahaba (which infact has been clarified by imam Ali himself in various hadeeth that he named them as respect for other sahaba, example named son Uthman on Uthman bin Mazun and NOT uthman bin affan)

Ahlulbait made their stance clear that they disliked the munafiq khalifas, in 100s of hadeeths, nahaj al balagha and other books including sunni books, (which I do not want to spoon-feed as you have already grown up. if you claim you love islam, deen, then you shall have atleast an hour a month to research yourself with open mind) I know it is hard to ignore the things that have been mindwashed since childhood, but refer to multiple sources and books, even holy quran has multiple verses against munafiq sahaba and evil wives, just 1 example is - most verses in chapter At Tahrim...

but more than 100s of hadeeth, there are 1000s of counter hadeeth (by the corrupt kings/khalifas/agents) it does not make it a historical fact if written 100s of years after Saqifa. It was all made up by the usurpers, started immediately after the demise of the holy prophet. 

History is written by those in power...

Which unfortunately in case of Islam was the event of Safiqa which changed Islam forever, which is why Imam Mahdi is destined to revive islam as it was during the time of holy prophet. If islam is uncorrupted then why is the need to revive?

Regarding the cursing and identifying the munafiqeen and evil ones, it is not wrong at all. Imagine a parent teaches a child about police then they have to teach the child about theives as well, the dangers and who to approach and what to do... If we only show the selective good side of islam then nobody will know what evil personalities munafiqeen the foubtainheads who laid the foundation for transfer of khilafat to known munafiqs like muaviah, yazid did..

http://www.shiapen.com/comprehensive/cursing-sahaba-sharii-penalty/incidents-sahaba-cursing-abusing.html

• Veteran Member
On 3/30/2021 at 5:01 PM, 786:) said:

Love how Imamate is second (and above Tawheed) on the list but Prophethood is nowhere to found. As if we received the Quran through Imams. Rasoolallah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) gets no love by mainstream Shias and it’s a shame.

Tawheed is the foundation of Islam, and   "Tawheed"  from the Shia perspective can only be understood from  Rasulallah((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) and the divinely guided  Imams(عليه السلام) 

Moreover, if you check the historical records of the first three caliphs on Tawheed or any sermons on Tawheed from any of the first three caliphs, then the history books from the Sunni corpus  are empty or none existence. 

Then it begs the question; Tawheed is the foundation of Islam, yet the most knowledge companions after Rasulallah ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) have neglected their duties in nourishing the Ummah on this fundamental matter.

Furthermore, to suggest we Shias show no love for Rasulallah ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) is a redundant question! If you had any love for Rasulallah then world would be in a state peace.