In the Name of God بسم الله

Can I pray salah if I am dirty or not ?

Rate this topic

razkjgty5

• Advanced Member

And also what if I have done masturbation, and as Ayatullah Sistani says I have not walked or sleeped after doing it to get the excess semen out, so am I najas if I have urinated straight after doing masturbation, and I have had a shower but do not know if any semen came out, and can I pray ?

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, razkjgty5 said:

What if I have had a shower after masturbation, but I have only poured water on my body and not rubbed it, and I dont know If any najasah came off. So can I pray salah ?

If you do not know whether the najasah came off then wash the impure areas again. However, if this is an unreasonable and obsessive (waswasa) doubt, then you can ignore the doubt.

And also what if I have done masturbation, and as Ayatullah Sistani says I have not walked or sleeped after doing it to get the excess semen out, so am I najas if I have urinated straight after doing masturbation, and I have had a shower but do not know if any semen came out, and can I pray ?

If you urinated then purified the impure areas and then you do not know whether anything came out then you can consider yourself pure. If some liquid is discharged and you are unsure what liquid it is, then if you did not perform istibra' for urinating, consider the fluid as urine. If you performed istibra' for urinating, then you can consider the fluid as pure.

• Advanced Member

So if I have masturbated and urinated after, and did not do istibra and went straight into to the shower, and I dont know if any najasah came off, and I cant wipe the area off, because I have OCD, and I dont know if any semen came out or urine came out or both, and also what I cant do tayammum for whatever reason, can I still pray ?

• Advanced Member

Your questions are becoming very repetitive.

I dont know if any semen came out or urine came out or both

In regards to the doubting, if you doubt whether something that was pure became impure you need to consider it as remaining pure. In this case, if you do not know and you are not sure that urine or semen came out then nothing came out.

So if I have masturbated and urinated after, and did not do istibra and went straight into to the shower, and I dont know if any najasah came off,

and I cant wipe the area off, because I have OCD

You have a masturbation addiction and OCD? You need to start disciplining yourself. Get rid of the OCD at a young age as it will make life difficult. You can start by wiping the najasah off regardless of the OCD.

what I cant do tayammum for whatever reason, can I still pray ?

You already asked this question before and I already answered it. Also, I do not understand how someone cannot perform tayammum. Do you not have dirt, wood or even concrete nearby?

Al-Sayyed Khamenei says that if one is unable to perform wudu', ghusl or tayammum it is an obligatory precaution to perform the prayers and Al-Sayyid As-Sistani says that it is a recommended precaution. However, the maraja' unanimously agree that the prayers are to be performed again as qada'.

• Veteran Member

I would like to point out something, just incase.

I do hope you’re doing Ghusl and not simply showering and there are steps to Ghusl. First you wash your head to the neck. Then you step out from the water and then go back in and start rubbing your body.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

I would like to point out something, just incase.

I do hope you’re doing Ghusl and not simply showering and there are steps to Ghusl. First you wash your head to the neck. Then you step out from the water and then go back in and start rubbing your body.

Salam brother, this is according to sayid Sistani.

DC81AD7F-ADB7-4FC6-BB2D-0A77876A89C5.jpeg

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

@Diazوعليكم السلام brother.

If you can understand arabic:

Thanks brother but the sayid above said we should wash head and neck first, then close the tap or step out of the water, Sayid Sistani said we should close the tap or step out of the water first and then do the ghusl. So I will stick with what sayid Sistani said. 

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, Diaz said:

Sistani said we should close the tap or step out of the water first and then do the ghusl. So I will stick with what sayid Sistani said. 

Brother, this is in the case that you were showering before Ghusl. What some people do is that they turn the water on and shower without doing the requirements of the Ghusl first, which is to wash the head and neck first, step out, wash the body. This is what Sayyid Sistani is talking about.

I am strictly speaking about Ghusl. The idea is that you have to separate the body parts. If you don’t, the Ghusl is wrong.

Edited by Ibn Al-Shahid

• Advanced Member

:salam: 

@Ibn Al-Shahid there is tow type of gusls which the common ghusl is step by step ghusl which you have explained but there is another way for gusl which if you go complety under water from head to toe like you dive into pool with intention of doing ghusl or lying in bathtub or river while for one time whole of your body from head to will be underwater for few seconds ( shortest time of holding breath underwater) like baptising in christanity but with intension of doing ghusl .:grin:

Immersive ritual bathing  (al-ghusl al-irtimāsī)

https://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2167/

Ghusl Irtimasi:
“Ghusl irtimasi” means a bath involving immersion of the whole body in the water. It is needless to say that such a ghusl can only be done in a body of water, e.g., a pool, river, lake or sea.

After washing away the semen or blood from the body and after niyyat, the whole body should be completely immersed in the water all at once, not gradually. One has to make sure that the water reaches all parts of the body, including hair and the skin under it.

However, ghusl tartibi is preferred to ghusl irtimasi.

https://www.al-islam.org/ritual-and-spiritual-purity-sayyid-muhammad-rizvi/iii-ghusl