Jump to content
In the Name of God بسم الله

Observation: Abu Bakr and Sakinah

Rate this topic


Abu Nur

Recommended Posts

  • Moderators

Salaam Aleikum,

In the other sakinah verses the tranquility (sakinah) was sanded to the Prophet and believers, making it clear that sakinah is meant only to believers. But why sakinah was not given to Abu Bakr when he was in the cave with the Prophet Muhammad (saws)?

 

˹It does not matter˺ if you ˹believers˺ do not support him, for Allah did in fact support him when the disbelievers drove him out ˹of Mecca˺ and he was only one of two. While they both were in the cave, he reassured his companion, “Do not worry; Allah is certainly with us.” So Allah sent down His serenity upon the Prophet, supported him with forces you ˹believers˺ did not see, and made the word of the disbelievers lowest, while the Word of Allah is supreme. And Allah is Almighty, All-Wise.

Does this mean that he was not included with believers, because the sakina was only given to the Prophet and in other verses it always is given to believers? 

Edited by Abu Nur
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Abu Nur said:

Salaam Aleikum,

In the other sakinah verses the tranquility (sakinah) was sanded to the Prophet and believers, making it clear that sakinah is meant only to believers. But why sakinah was not given to Abu Bakr when he was in the cave with the Prophet Muhammad (saws)?

 

˹It does not matter˺ if you ˹believers˺ do not support him, for Allah did in fact support him when the disbelievers drove him out ˹of Mecca˺ and he was only one of two. While they both were in the cave, he reassured his companion, “Do not worry; Allah is certainly with us.” So Allah sent down His serenity upon the Prophet, supported him with forces you ˹believers˺ did not see, and made the word of the disbelievers lowest, while the Word of Allah is supreme. And Allah is Almighty, All-Wise.

Does this mean that he was not included with believers, because the sakina was only given to the Prophet and in other verses it always is given to believers? 

Wa’alaykum Salaam, brother Abu Nur, of course Hz. Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) is included with the believers.   

When the blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) assured his companion by saying: “Do not worry; Allah is certainly with us.” , the blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) has confirmed that Hz. Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) is a believer.

a) Allah Almighty is never ever with a non-believer.
b) by using the word ‘us’ the blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) has confirmed a special bond with Hz. Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him).
c) Allah Almighty is with them both. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

Wa'alaykumussalam.

The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said "us" because of what he knew of Abu Bakr's past and present, and Allah said "him" (not them, meaning only the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) because of what He knew of Abu Bakr's future. It is similar to that when Allah mentioned the prayer of Ibrahim (عليه السلام) for the last Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) the sequence was - "he may read to them Your signs, teach them the Book and the wisdom and purify them", but when Allah Himself described the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) with these attributes, the sequence became - "he reads to them His signs, purifies them and teaches them the Book and the wisdom" (indicative of the Meccan period followed by the Medinese period). It is noteworthy that when the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) testified for the martyrs of Uhud, Abu Bakr asked that won't he and others be testified for too as they too migrated, spent and fought in Allah's way, the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) refused saying: "No, because I don't know what you will do after me". (Muwatta Malik)

Edited by Zaydi Shiapard
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

So, in nutshell, you are implying that Allah was not with Hz. Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him)? 

If, as you say, that the Blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) "he knew of Abu Bakr's past and present", why did he take him as his journey companion? Could not he not find a better person?  Are you not happy with the Blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) choice?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Veteran Member
2 hours ago, Debate follower said:

why did he take him as his journey companion? Could not he not find a better person?  Are you not happy with the Blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) choice? 

If we read Islamic history books (instead of imagining things) we indeed find that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) had absolutely no intention to take him along, rather he saw the Prophet leaving and started yelling his name aloud so the Prophet had to stop and take him in order to silence him so he could not warn the pagans with his yelling. (Read Tabari) The whole account is pretty clear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Guest

Assalaamun Alaikum,

Brother, Take it from someone who was bought up Sunni, simply write down the names of the 4 Caliph's, then write down all the virtues and any mistakes/errors with absolute sincerity next to each name.

None come close to Imam Ali((عليه السلام)) in any sphere of quality or greatness and not a single mistake, the other 3 Caliph's are ordinary whereas Imam Ali((عليه السلام)) is beyond extraordinary.

Accepted that Hazrat Abu Bakr would have done some good at some point, but sadly we can burn our deeds and faith. History shows that the Prophet(saaw) was meant to leave alone and the Muslims were ordered to stay in their homes/dwellings, Abu Bakr didn't listen and came out after the Prophet(saaw), if the Prophet(saaw) had left him in Mecca that still could have been a favourable position and just a mistake on Abu Bakr's part, but the fact that the Prophet(saaw) after a direct order which was disobeyed, had to take Abu Bakr along, this has other connotations which I hope you will dig deep and find for yourself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Mahdi 2020
6 hours ago, The Green Knight said:

If we read Islamic history books (instead of imagining things) we indeed find that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) had absolutely no intention to take him along, rather he saw the Prophet leaving and started yelling his name aloud so the Prophet had to stop and take him in order to silence him so he could not warn the pagans with his yelling. (Read Tabari) The whole account is pretty clear.

I dont know why people like to disregard/write off everything because of theological preconceptions, Abu Bakar was one of the best friends and closest companions of the Prophet(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) for 20 years. Why would the prophet(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) make this relationship from day one when few believed in him and also make family ties of marriage (something he did with his best/closest followers Abubakar, Omar, Uthman, Ali) if Abu bakar was evil? why let him lead the prayer when he was sick? send him on important missions? It doesnt add up, either the prophet was unable to recognize a hypocrites face (wa iyadubillah) or Abu bakar was indeed faithful believer something the prophet knew and why he intentionally choose him as his closest companion for 20 years and strengthened this also with ties of marriage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

Assalama alaykum

@ Zaydi Shiapard @ The Green Knight @ Guest Guest

Please let us just stick to the question raised by the OP (Abu Nur).

Obviously, Hz. Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) is (definitely) not going to get any accolades from members on this board.

Just to save you time I’ll repeat the question below:

14 hours ago, Abu Nur said:

Does this mean that he was not included with believers, because the sakina was only given to the Prophet and in other verses it always is given to believers? 

While addressing the above query, please respond by keeping my response in mind. I'll appreciate if just stick to the topic and avoid any diversions. - Thanks in advance.

11 hours ago, Debate follower said:

Wa’alaykum Salaam, brother Abu Nur, of course Hz. Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) is included with the believers.   

When the blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) assured his companion by saying: “Do not worry; Allah is certainly with us.” , the blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) has confirmed that Hz. Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) is a believer.

a) Allah Almighty is never ever with a non-believer.
b) by using the word ‘us’ the blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) has confirmed a special bond with Hz. Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him).
c) Allah Almighty is with them both. 

 

Edited by Debate follower
grammar ;)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
On 3/26/2021 at 7:22 AM, Debate follower said:

So, in nutshell, you are implying that Allah was not with Hz. Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him)? 

If, as you say, that the Blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) "he knew of Abu Bakr's past and present", why did he take him as his journey companion? Could not he not find a better person?  Are you not happy with the Blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) choice?  

Looks like you didn't get at all what i said dear brother. The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) took him with him and said "Allah is with us" because of the good he had seen in him in his past and present; he didn't know then what he was going to do in the future, but Allah knew, so when Allah talked about His help, His forces and sakeenah He didn't include Abu Bakr with the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) (read in the ayah : He helped him.... He descended His sakeenah on him... He assisted him with forces you couldn't see). And when it came to Abu Bakr's future and particularly the Hereafter, the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) refused to testify for him as ive quoted from Muwatta Malik.

On 3/26/2021 at 7:05 AM, Zaydi Shiapard said:

 It is noteworthy that when the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) testified for the martyrs of Uhud, Abu Bakr asked that won't he and others be testified for too as they too migrated, spent and fought in Allah's way, the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) refused saying: "No, because I don't know what you will do after me". (Muwatta Malik)

 

Edited by Zaydi Shiapard
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
On 3/26/2021 at 7:05 AM, Zaydi Shiapard said:

It is similar to that when Allah mentioned the prayer of Ibrahim (عليه السلام) for the last Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) the sequence was - "he may read to them Your signs, teach them the Book and the wisdom and purify them", but when Allah Himself described the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) with these attributes, the sequence became - "he reads to them His signs, purifies them and teaches them the Book and the wisdom" (indicative of the Meccan period followed by the Medinese period).

By showing such differences between the words used by His slaves and by Himself, Allah wants us to realize His wisdom and His knowledge of everything.

Edited by Zaydi Shiapard
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

Worth a watch:

It is important to note the context in which Ayat al-Ghar comes. Allah reprimands demoralized Muslims fearful of the Byzantines, telling them that if they dont support the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) then Allah will support him through others, like when he (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) was in the cave with a demoralized companion fearful of the pagans, Allah supported His Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) through invisible forces. (Read Surah at-Tawbah: 38-40)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
On 3/27/2021 at 3:07 AM, Zaydi Shiapard said:

Looks like you didn't get at all what i said dear brother. The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) took him with him and said "Allah is with us" because of the good he had seen in him in his past and present; he didn't know then what he was going to do in the future, but Allah knew, so when Allah talked about His help, His forces and sakeenah He didn't include Abu Bakr with the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) (read in the ayah : He helped him.... He descended His sakeenah on him... He assisted him with forces you couldn't see). And when it came to Abu Bakr's future and particularly the Hereafter, the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) refused to testify for him as ive quoted from Muwatta Malik.

Assalama alaykum my dear brother Zaydi Shiapard

Trust me, I always read posts very carefully and do get what you stated and do understand where you are coming from.  Also, I am fully aware of your intrinsic attitude towards Hz. Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him)

It is heartening to acknowledge that you have accepted (maybe grudgingly) that Allah Almighty and the Blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) “because of the good he had seen in him in his past and present. So, the Blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) assured his loyal Companion that Allah Almighty was with them. 
Note, Allah Almighty is
with them both and not only with the Blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him).

On 3/27/2021 at 3:07 AM, Zaydi Shiapard said:

he didn't know then what he was going to do in the future, but Allah knew

 

On 3/26/2021 at 1:35 AM, Zaydi Shiapard said:

It is noteworthy that when the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) testified for the martyrs of Uhud, Abu Bakr asked that won't he and others be testified for too as they too migrated, spent and fought in Allah's way, the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) refused saying: "No, because I don't know what you will do after me". (Muwatta Malik)

It is certainty that Allah Almighty, Alone, knows the future. The Blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) only knows what Allah Almighty reveals to him about the future.  Your quotation from Muwatta Malik affirms this.  - "No, because I don't know what you will do after me". (Muwatta Malik)

Now, let us look at facts if Allah Almighty was indeed pleased with Hz. Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him).
Leaving everything aside, Hz. Abu Bakr’s (may Allah be pleased with him) resting place is half a meter away from that of the Blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) in the same room!
What a great honour! 

You honour whoever You please and disgrace who You please—all good is in Your Hands. Surely You ˹alone˺ are Most Capable of everything. Ayah 26 Surah Al-Imran

All the billions of Muslims who have had or those who will have the honour of visiting the Blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) mosque, to invoke peace and blessings upon the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) only have to take half a meter step to the right and greet Abu Bakr as-Siddiq (may God be pleased with him) and praise him as he deserves to be praised.

Allah Almighty HAS NEVER blessed or honoured or supported the enemies of Islam, the Blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) and his very honourable family.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

I listened to the 2 video clips you posted.  Honestly speaking, he was not convincing at all.  He was mixing things up and deliberately misconstruing the facts to derive at the ‘desired facts’. 
And why he needed to wear that mask?
Please, don’t trust people who speak anonymously hiding behind the mask!

And do not mix the truth with falsehood or conceal the truth while you know [it]. Ayah 42 sūrat l-Baqarah

I am posting 2 videos for you covering the Blessed Hijra of the Blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) - Note that he does not need to wear a mask to hide his face.

 

 

 

Edited by Debate follower
grammar ;)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

Doesn't make sense for me to remind you again and again that in Ayat al-Ghar the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) says "Don't grieve, Allah is with us" because of what he knew of Abu Bakr till then, but then Allah expresses His being with only with His Prophet when He mentions about His sakeenah and His invisible forces.

As for the honour you are talking about, then remember that the grand hypocrite Abdullah ibn Ubayy ibn Salul was buried wrapped in the Prophet's (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) shirt on his son's insistence; when enquired, the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) replied "My shirt can not save him from hellfire".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
On 3/29/2021 at 4:51 PM, Debate follower said:

All the billions of Muslims who have had or those who will have the honour of visiting the Blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) mosque, to invoke peace and blessings upon the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) only have to take half a meter step to the right and greet Abu Bakr as-Siddiq (may God be pleased with him) and praise him as he deserves to be praised.

Salam in Mashhad Iran , Imam Reza(عليه السلام)  has been buried besides of Harun al rashid  by order of Harun's son , Mamun but now Harun al Rashid is in hell & Imam Reza (عليه السلام) is in pardise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
15 hours ago, Zaydi Shiapard said:

Doesn't make sense for me to remind you again and again that in Ayat al-Ghar the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) says "Don't grieve, Allah is with us" because of what he knew of Abu Bakr till then, but then Allah expresses His being with only with His Prophet when He mentions about His sakeenah and His invisible forces.

Assalama alaykum my dear brother, my apologies for getting back.  It is good that you have earlier acknowledged, that up to then the Blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) had seen GOOD in Hz. Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him).

 

On 3/27/2021 at 3:07 AM, Zaydi Shiapard said:

The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) took him with him and said "Allah is with us" because of the good he had seen in him in his past and present;

 

15 hours ago, Zaydi Shiapard said:

but then Allah expresses His being with only with His Prophet when He mentions about His sakeenah and His invisible forces.

Brother, here you have made a big claim!!!! Please show me (below I have quoted the relevant ayah for your convenience), where has Allah Almighty expressed His being only with His Prophet (peace be upon him)???

If you will not aid him, Allah certainly aided him when those who disbelieved expelled him, he being the second of the two, when they were both in the cave, when he said to his companion: Grieve not, surely Allah is with us. So Allah sent down His tranquillity upon him and strengthened him with hosts which you did not see, and made lowest the word of those who disbelieved; and the word of Allah, that is the highest; and Allah is Mighty, Wise Verse 40 Surah Taubah

Just like the masked man in the videos that you had posted earlier, you are miscomprehending and misconstruing the meaning of above ayah to derive at the ‘desired facts’. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
15 hours ago, Zaydi Shiapard said:

As for the honour you are talking about, then remember that the grand hypocrite Abdullah ibn Ubayy ibn Salul was buried wrapped in the Prophet's (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) shirt on his son's insistence; when enquired, the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) replied "My shirt can not save him from hellfire".

Agreed, the Blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) gave his shirt as a shroud for the grand hypocrite Abdullah ibn Ubayy ibn Salul.  This was done only on insistence of Abdullah ibn Ubayy ibn Salul’s son, who too, was named Abdullah (may Allah be pleased with him).

But as you stated, the Blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “My shirt cannot save him from hellfire".

Now tell me, who in their right mind has any respect for Abdullah ibn Ubayy ibn Salul or ever visits his grave?

I fully understand your position, from earliest time as far as your conscious memory goes, all that you have heard from the pulpits is about the evilness of the companions of the Blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) bar four or five of them.  This fact you cannot reconcile or come to terms with when shown the facts otherwise!!!!
This is very agonizing position to be in.   So, the safe option for likes of you is to get into ‘denial mode’.

Leave alone hadith from Sunni resources about high status of Hz. Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) because you will outright reject them as fraud.

I can quote for you hadith from Shia sources where those whom you regard as infallible imams (may Allah be pleased with them all) giving high regards for
Hz. Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) – but then you will reject them outright saying all these utterances were done under Taqqiyyah!!!! Can’t win.

Of course, you must be knowing that Hz. Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) is a maternal great, great  grandfather of Imam Jaffar as Sadiq!  From there on your later Imams (may Allah be pleased with them all) are offspring of Hz. Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him)! This may not be very pleasing for you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...