In the Name of God بسم الله

If God contains all possibilities, has everything one imagines been created

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

Since the One God is Infinite and Absolute as well as the Infinitely Good, He could not but create. His infinitude implies that He contains within Himself all possibilities, including that of negating Himself, and this possibility had to be realized in the form of creation. Moreover, as St. Augustine also stated, it is in the nature of the good to give of itself, and the Infinitely Good could not but radiate the reality that constitutes the world and, in fact, all the worlds.

- Seyyed Hossein Nasr in his book “The Essential Seyyed Hossein Nasr” (edited by William Chittick).

I’m sorry if this is a stupid question, but if God contains within Himself all possibilities, has everything one imagines or could imagine, no matter how gruesome or evil, already been created (or yet to be created - if we believe in such a notion time)?

• Veteran Member
45 minutes ago, ahlulbaytkr said:

Thoughts create reality

Interesting. Are our thoughts or dreams just as real as what we perceive in the scientifically “woken” state?

As a side-note, if we accept God is the only Real (al Haqiqa), then God is the one giving reality to these things / God is the real “part” of these things.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, 313_Waiter said:

Interesting. Are our thoughts or dreams just as real as what we perceive in the scientifically “woken” state?

As a side-note, if we accept God is the only Real (al Haqiqa), then God is the one giving reality to these things / God is the real “part” of these things.

Mashallah, I haven't thought or read about this well enough.
Every scenario we ever think of, exist because every other timeline has already been created. There is a reality where you are rich, there is a reality where you are poor. With our mind power we can tap into these realities.

These few months I have been pondering about God's involvement with creation. I have been reading these times about the oneness of creation, and that we are all one. I have been thinking about how this is compatible with Islam? Then I immediatly made the link with the hadith that the Light of Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) was Allah's first creation, and that from this light, everything else was created. So maybe this is meant with "we're all one", since we're all made of the Light of Muhammad (ﷺ). And with all I mean literally all, the tree is me, my friend is me, the building is me. Creation is all one and the same.

With this also Group Consciousness comes into play. The idea that we and all other creatures in the universe share one consciousness, and that we have to learn to tap into this group consciousness. And if all comes from Allah, subhanu wa ta'ala, Source Energy, is that what he meant then when he said "Inna lillah wa inna ilayhi raji'oon"? We're all from him , and to him we shall return? And what about the aya scholars have been pondering about, what does Allah mean with "So when I have proportioned him and breathed into him of My spirit, then fall down in prostration before him" 15:29 (and other variations of this aya. What is "our spirit"). Are we a part of Allah? Is he life source energy? I mean, without him, nothing can exist... Thinking about this stuff sometimes makes me remember the lecture I saw of Sheikh Farroh Sekaleshfar on ‹Pure Tawhid›. There is a lot of knowledge there and I hope Allah guides me and all my other brothers and sisters to it!

Edited by ahlulbaytkr

• Veteran Member
8 hours ago, ahlulbaytkr said:

Every scenario we ever think of, exist because every other timeline has already been created. There is a reality where you are rich, there is a reality where you are poor. With our mind power we can tap into these realities.

What about if I think of like a gruesome thought that a monster exists with his nose on his belly or mouth on his head and combination of different animals? Will it exist in some place of reality?

Are you saying that everything is within consciousness / is consciousness and is through consciousness— and so everything we think of has a reality (real relative to The Real)?

8 hours ago, ahlulbaytkr said:

These few months I have been pondering about God's involvement with creation. I have been reading these times about the oneness of creation, and that we are all one. I have been thinking about how this is compatible with Islam? Then I immediatly made the link with the hadith that the Light of Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) was Allah's first creation, and that from this light, everything else was created. So maybe this is meant with "we're all one", since we're all made of the Light of Muhammad (ﷺ). And with all I mean literally all, the tree is me, my friend is me, the building is me. Creation is all one and the same.

With this also Group Consciousness comes into play. The idea that we and all other creatures in the universe share one consciousness, and that we have to learn to tap into this group consciousness. And if all comes from Allah, subhanu wa ta'ala, Source Energy, is that what he meant then when he said "Inna lillah wa inna ilayhi raji'oon"? We're all from him , and to him we shall return? And what about the aya scholars have been pondering about, what does Allah mean with "So when I have proportioned him and breathed into him of My spirit, then fall down in prostration before him" 15:29 (and other variations of this aya. What is "our spirit"). Are we a part of Allah? Is he life source energy? I mean, without him, nothing can exist... Thinking about this stuff sometimes makes me remember the lecture I saw of Sheikh Farroh Sekaleshfar on ‹Pure Tawhid›. There is a lot of knowledge there and I hope Allah guides me and all my other brothers and sisters to it!

I have also been investigating Sufism / Irfan a lot lately.

Also regarding Spirit we have the following narrations (it seems Spirit is created). Perhaps these narrations were meant for the lay-masses. I am not sure.

1ـ عِدَّةٌ مِنْ أَصْحَابِنَا عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عِيسَى عَنِ ابْنِ أَبِي عُمَيْرٍ عَنِ ابْنِ أُذَيْنَةَ عَنِ الاحْوَلِ قَالَ سَأَلْتُ أَبَا عَبْدِ الله (عَلَيْهِ السَّلام) عَنِ الرُّوحِ الَّتِي فِي آدَمَ (عَلَيْهِ السَّلام) قَوْلُهُ فَإِذا سَوَّيْتُهُ وَنَفَخْتُ فِيهِ مِنْ رُوحِي قَالَ هَذِهِ رُوحٌ مَخْلُوقَةٌ وَالرُّوحُ الَّتِي فِي عِيسَى مَخْلُوقَةٌ.

1. It is narrated from a number of our people from Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn ‘Isa from ibn abu ‘Umayr from ’Udhayna from al-Ahwal who has said the following. “I asked Imam abu ‘Abdallah ((عليه السلام).) about the spirit (Ruh) which was in Adam as indicated in the Holy Quran, ‘When it is properly shaped and I have blown My Spirit into it (15:29).’” Imam abu ‘Abdallah ((عليه السلام).) replied, “This is a created spirit and the spirit in Jesus is created.”

Grading: 

Allamah Baqir al-Majlisi: صحيح  - Mir‘at al ‘Uqul Fi Sharh Akhbar Al al Rasul (2/82)

مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يَحْيَى عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ خَالِدٍ عَنِ الْقَاسِمِ بْنِ عُرْوَةَ عَنْ عَبْدِ الْحَمِيدِ الطَّائِيِّ عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ مُسْلِمٍ قَالَ سَأَلْتُ أَبَا عَبْدِ الله (عَلَيْهِ السَّلام) عَنْ قَوْلِ الله عَزَّ وَجَلَّ وَنَفَخْتُ فِيهِ مِنْ رُوحِي كَيْفَ هَذَا النَّفْخُ فَقَالَ إِنَّ الرُّوحَ مُتَحَرِّكٌ كَالرِّيحِ وَإِنَّمَا سُمِّيَ رُوحاً لانَّهُ اشْتَقَّ اسْمَهُ مِنَ الرِّيحِ وَإِنَّمَا أَخْرَجَهُ عَنْ لَفْظَةِ الرِّيحِ لانَّ الارْوَاحَ مُجَانِسَةٌ لِلرِّيحِ وَإِنَّمَا أَضَافَهُ إِلَى نَفْسِهِ لانَّهُ اصْطَفَاهُ عَلَى سَائِرِ الارْوَاحِ كَمَا قَالَ لِبَيْتٍ مِنَ الْبُيُوتِ بَيْتِي وَلِرَسُولٍ مِنَ الرُّسُلِ خَلِيلِي وَأَشْبَاهِ ذَلِكَ وَكُلُّ ذَلِكَ مَخْلُوقٌ مَصْنُوعٌ مُحْدَثٌ مَرْبُوبٌ مُدَبَّرٌ.

3. Muhammad ibn Yahya has narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad from Muhammad ibn Khalid from Qasin ibn ‘Urwa from ‘Abd al-Hamid al- Ta’i from Muhammad ibn Muslim who has said the following. “I asked Imam abu ‘Abdallah ((عليه السلام).) about the words of Allah, the Most Holy, the Most High, ‘I have blown My Spirit into it (15:29)’” The Imam ((عليه السلام).) replied, “The spirit has motion like winds. It is called spirit (Ruh) because the word is a derivative of Rih (wind). This derivative is selected because the spirits are similar or are of the genus of the Rih (wind). He has given His own possessive case because He selected it from among the other spirits just as He has said about a House from among the houses ‘My house’ and to a messenger from among the messengers ‘My friend’ and so on. All such things are created, invented, newly produced and are cherished by the Lord.”

Grading: 

Allamah Baqir al-Majlisi: مجهول  - Mir‘at al ‘Uqul Fi Sharh Akhbar Al al Rasul (83/ 2)

https://thaqalayn.net/chapter/1/3/21

• Advanced Member
On 3/21/2021 at 6:03 PM, ahlulbaytkr said:

Mashallah, I haven't thought or read about this well enough.

That would explain why we get so attached to fictional characters haha...