Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

where to talk to a scholar?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

The Imam at my mosque and his son who is also a Sayyid are very good at being available to speak to. You can easily call their mosque and book a phone appointment. Their number is (313) 432-8722 and this is their website https://www.iiofa.org/.

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Zxqn said:

does anyone know where i would be able to contact a scholar and ask them questions about religion/philosophy? I have tried that app 'ask a scholar' (I believe thats the name) but wasnt a fan of it. 

The simple solution might be to find a scholar you like listening to and message them on Facebook, briefly introducing yourself and that you want to talk to them about philosophical/ religious concepts. Though don’t be dejected if they don’t respond as scholars are human too.
The app you are talking  about might be “Ask Those Who Know”. I remember asking Shaykh Baqir al-Qazwini a number of questions and he was always open to them and was quite friendly. I don’t know him personally though.

https://www.al-islam.org/ask is another great resource though from experience they take a long while to respond to your queries. From the sheikhs listed on this website, Sheikh Zoheir Esmail is a good sheikh and you can message him on Facebook. 

Edited by 313_Waiter
  • Advanced Member
5 hours ago, 313_Waiter said:

Sheikh Zoheir Esmail is a good sheikh and you can message him on Facebook. 

I’ve spoken to him! He’s really good but I really want to get others opinions on this because I can’t seem to shake it no matter who I talk to. 

• Veteran Member
12 hours ago, Zxqn said:

I’ve spoken to him! He’s really good but I really want to get others opinions on this because I can’t seem to shake it no matter who I talk to. 

I’m not sure I can recommend anyone in particular. Did you try Sheikh Baqir al Qazwini as well?

• Advanced Member
On 3/19/2021 at 7:13 PM, 313_Waiter said:

I’m not sure I can recommend anyone in particular. Did you try Sheikh Baqir al Qazwini as well?

I tried talking to him in that app but the message would never send to him. My issue is just lack of faith and leaving Islam- I.e my previous posts show what I mean.

i just want to talk to someone with knowledge despite the fact I’ve spoken to a couple of people 

• Advanced Member
On 3/19/2021 at 11:43 PM, Zxqn said:

I tried talking to him in that app but the message would never send to him. My issue is just lack of faith and leaving Islam- I.e my previous posts show what I mean.

i just want to talk to someone with knowledge despite the fact I’ve spoken to a couple of people 

The number that I sent is actually for him, just so you know what you're getting.

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Zxqn said:

I tried talking to him in that app but the message would never send to him.

Yeah similar things happened to me on that app. I think (if I remember correctly) I waited a bit and then resent the message to him and it worked. They also have a limit on repeat questions for a set time or something. 

Edited by 313_Waiter
  • Veteran Member
3 hours ago, Zxqn said:

My issue is just lack of faith and leaving Islam- I.e my previous posts show what I mean.

Sister your diligence to increase your Iman shows that faith has not completely left your heart. InshaAllah your efforts will be rewarded and all will become clear soon.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 313_Waiter said:

Sister your diligence to increase your Iman shows that faith has not completely left your heart. InshaAllah your efforts will be rewarded and all will become clear soon.

I don’t know I’m slowly starting to give up, I feel like I haven’t made much progress and it’s all for nothing really

Edited by Zxqn
  • Veteran Member
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zxqn said:

I don’t know I’m slowly starting to give up, I feel like I haven’t made much progress and it’s all for nothing really

I am not someone who is capable of giving advice but if you’re feeling overwhelmed then maybe take it slowly.
Confucius said:

“At fifteen I set my heart upon learning. 
At thirty, I had planted my feet firm upon the ground. 
At forty, I no longer suffered from perplexities. 
At fifty, I knew what were the biddings of Heaven. 
At sixty, I heard them with docile ear. 
At seventy, I could follow the dictates of my own heart; for what I desired no longer overstepped the boundaries of right.”

If what you are researching does not appeal to you then perhaps change your approach, maybe Irfan or spiritual / experiential practice is more your path; or perhaps reading the biographies of the infallibles will soften your heart.

We have been commanded to recite this Dua regularly. Shayikh Sadooq narrates from Abdullah bin Sinan who says that Imam Sadiq ((عليه السلام).) said,"After this a time of such doubt will befall you that you will be without the visible signs and a guiding Imam. And no one shall be able to achieve salvation from this except those who recite "Dua-e-Ghareeq."...

(Kamaluddin Vol. 2 Pg. 351)

يَا اَللَّهُ يَا رَحْمٰنُ يَا رَحِيمُ

all¡hu y¡ ra¦m¡nu y¡ ra¦¢mu

O Allah! O All-beneficent! O All-merciful!

يَا مُقَلِّبَ ٱلْقُلُوبِ

muqalliba alqul£bi

O Turner of hearts!

ثَبِّتْ قَلْبِي عَلَىٰ دِينِكَ

thabbit qalb¢ `al¡ d¢nika

(Please) make my heart firm on Your religion.

https://www.duas.org/imamezaman/ghareek.htm

Edited by 313_Waiter
  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

I used an app called "ASK THOSE WHO KNOW" also called "ATWK" and there you have lots scholars on it, and you can choose you're topic and the scholar/marja you want the advise from

you get youre answer often couple hours after you submit youre question 

its like a whatsapp but  you send questions to the sayeds, and they give you sraight answer according to fiqh and what youre marja says.

In the past Ayatollah sistani was my marja and it happened i tried to send him a question trough mail but never got an answer back. the app is really fast and sending an answer after couple hours 

Edited by F.M
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Basic Members
On 3/19/2021 at 11:43 PM, Zxqn said:

Salaam, please contact ATWK to resolve your concerns. Use the feedback button in the app.

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, S Hussain said:

What is the contact details/Email for Sayed Baqir al Qazwini ? 

On 3/19/2021 at 5:01 PM, guest 2025 said:

The Imam at my mosque and his son who is also a Sayyid are very good at being available to speak to. You can easily call their mosque and book a phone appointment. Their number is (313) 432-8722 and this is their website https://www.iiofa.org/.