Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Laanati Waseem Rizvi Filed Petition to remove 26 verses from the Quran

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

  • Basic Members

On Thursday 11th of March 2021, Waseem Rizvi the ex-chairman of the Shia Waqf Board filed a petition in the Supreme Court of India to remove 26 verses (Ayat) from the Holy Quran.

After listening to this news which spread like fire all over India, the Muslims shows their anger against him by protesting and requested the government to arrest him immediately.

In Srinagar, BJP the ruling party of India also condemns ex-chairman of the Shia Waqf board Waseem Rizvi for hurting the religious sentiments and joined the protest with Muslim Religious organizations in the valley.

The BJP leader of the valley Manzoor Bhat said that we have filed a complaint against the accused before the police and no one is allowed to speak up against any community or to change their Holy Book.

Waseem Rizvi is the controversial man of all time, in 2019 he had written a letter to the Prime Minister of India Mr. Narendra Modi.

In which he said to shut down the primary Madarsas (Islamic School) to check the ISIS influence on Muslim children.

He also wrote that if Madarsas are not shut down then half of the population of India will become supporters of the ISIS Ideology in just 15 years.

In 2018, Waseem Rizvi filed a petition in court to ban the hoisting of Green flags in which crescent and star emblem is made, quoting that such flags are un-Islamic and should be ban.

He also said that such flags are very similar to the Pakistan Muslim League (PML) and the action must be taken against the people and organizations hoisting it as it belonged to an “enemy country”.

Reference: Waseem Rizvi Latest News and Statement On Quran

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
9 hours ago, starlight said:

Is he the same guy who played host to Sheikh Zakzaky on his short visit to India? 

Never heard of this. And I believe it is highly unlikely. I mean, there are many prominent people in Indian muslims who can do that instead of this Yazeed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
10 hours ago, Mohammed Tadeeb said:

On Thursday 11th of March 2021, Waseem Rizvi the ex-chairman of the Shia Waqf Board filed a petition in the Supreme Court of India to remove 26 verses (Ayat) from the Holy Quran.

After listening to this news which spread like fire all over India, the Muslims shows their anger against him by protesting and requested the government to arrest him immediately.

In Srinagar, BJP the ruling party of India also condemns ex-chairman of the Shia Waqf board Waseem Rizvi for hurting the religious sentiments and joined the protest with Muslim Religious organizations in the valley.

The BJP leader of the valley Manzoor Bhat said that we have filed a complaint against the accused before the police and no one is allowed to speak up against any community or to change their Holy Book.

Waseem Rizvi is the controversial man of all time, in 2019 he had written a letter to the Prime Minister of India Mr. Narendra Modi.

In which he said to shut down the primary Madarsas (Islamic School) to check the ISIS influence on Muslim children.

He also wrote that if Madarsas are not shut down then half of the population of India will become supporters of the ISIS Ideology in just 15 years.

In 2018, Waseem Rizvi filed a petition in court to ban the hoisting of Green flags in which crescent and star emblem is made, quoting that such flags are un-Islamic and should be ban.

He also said that such flags are very similar to the Pakistan Muslim League (PML) and the action must be taken against the people and organizations hoisting it as it belonged to an “enemy country”.

Reference: Waseem Rizvi Latest News and Statement On Quran

I am not surprised. But I think he has committed suicide by doing this. He is gone now. No one will protect him. Those who will now support or protect him will trouble themselves only. This happens when a someone is extremely corrupt and tyrannic. This is the fate of Yazeediyat. Remember how Yazeed and his goons died? Same with this murtad.

May Allah's (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) curse be on him.

Btw, I found a video which says that Hindu Mahasabha before independence raised a similar petition to ban the 26 verses. Is it true? Because that puts up some more light in this case.

Here it is:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
45 minutes ago, Zainuu said:

Never heard of this. And I believe it is highly unlikely. I mean, there are many prominent people in Indian muslims who can do that instead of this Yazeed.

I checked. That was Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, minister of minority affairs. Don't think much of him either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Mahdavist said:

This is what happens when you hand over religious leadership to ignorant people. Hopefully people will learn a lesson from this and start giving more importance to knowledge and piety as criteria for leadership.

He is not a religious leader. Who said that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

This guy is most probably trapped in some case/scam by BJP and they're using him. One more Maulana is there similar to him but he is comparatively less annoying. 

Also, he is not a religious leader. Previously, he was chairman of Shia Waqf board (waqf = Endowment). 

Edited by Sirius_Bright
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Basic Members

@DiazMeanwhile, a lawyer allegedly announced Rs 11 lakh reward for "beheading" Rizvi and an FIR has been filed against the lawyer Amirul Hasan Zaidi under Section 505(2) (statements creating or promoting enmity, hatred or ill-will between classes) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code.

 

The Shia Muslim youth broke the 'Hayati Qabr' (Living Grave) of Rizvi in Lucknow, saying the ex-Shia Central Waqf Board chairman does not deserve to be buried in a Shia Muslim graveyard since he is no more a Muslim after his utterances against the Quran.

On Sunday, thousands of Muslims protested at the Bada Imambara in Uttar Pradesh’s Lucknow against Rizvi. Sunni and Shia clerics led the protest against Rizvi and sought his arrest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
On 3/15/2021 at 3:04 PM, Sirius_Bright said:

The protest happened everywhere in the country and 'La'anati Waseem Rizvi' 'Arrest him' posters with his photo was everywhere on the road for people to step on it and take dirty tyres on his face and gain some thawaab :P

Shi'a ulemas have given statements but it's high time we boycott this guy and publicly remove him from our sect. 

I had always known where this fellow was going; even before he spilled the beans.

He is the Tawhidi of India. The best thing that the Muslims can do right now is to completely ignore him and not give him any traction. Charlatan like him thrive on media attention. The more trouble they rake up for us,the more they contribute to our marginalisation, the better their paymasters sitting in the government reward them. Let us simply cut off his oxygen.

The latest I heard is that his family have disowned him and dissociated from him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
On 3/16/2021 at 11:59 AM, Sirius_Bright said:

One more Maulana is there similar to him but he is comparatively less annoying. 

I think I know this person too.

They are all roped in by BJP, it is pretty clear.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
On 3/15/2021 at 1:59 PM, Mohammed Tadeeb said:

On Thursday 11th of March 2021, Waseem Rizvi the ex-chairman of the Shia Waqf Board filed a petition in the Supreme Court of India to remove 26 verses (Ayat) from the Holy Quran.

After listening to this news which spread like fire all over India, the Muslims shows their anger against him by protesting and requested the government to arrest him immediately.

In Srinagar, BJP the ruling party of India also condemns ex-chairman of the Shia Waqf board Waseem Rizvi for hurting the religious sentiments and joined the protest with Muslim Religious organizations in the valley.

The BJP leader of the valley Manzoor Bhat said that we have filed a complaint against the accused before the police and no one is allowed to speak up against any community or to change their Holy Book.

Waseem Rizvi is the controversial man of all time, in 2019 he had written a letter to the Prime Minister of India Mr. Narendra Modi.

In which he said to shut down the primary Madarsas (Islamic School) to check the ISIS influence on Muslim children.

He also wrote that if Madarsas are not shut down then half of the population of India will become supporters of the ISIS Ideology in just 15 years.

In 2018, Waseem Rizvi filed a petition in court to ban the hoisting of Green flags in which crescent and star emblem is made, quoting that such flags are un-Islamic and should be ban.

He also said that such flags are very similar to the Pakistan Muslim League (PML) and the action must be taken against the people and organizations hoisting it as it belonged to an “enemy country”.

Reference: Waseem Rizvi Latest News and Statement On Quran

La'een.

I doubt if he remains a Muslim after doubting the integrity of the Revelation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
On 3/16/2021 at 2:55 AM, Mahdavist said:

This is what happens when you hand over religious leadership to ignorant people. Hopefully people will learn a lesson from this and start giving more importance to knowledge and piety as criteria for leadership.

He isn't a community leader, ya akhi. He's just a self-proclaimed "activist" who was given plush administrative positions by the current anti-Muslim, far-right ruling party in India for his loyal services. He's an asset of their's, just like Tawhidi is utilized by the far right in the West.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

The best thing that the Muslims can do right now is to completely ignore him and not give him any traction. Charlatan like him thrive on media attention. The more trouble they rake up for us,the more they contribute to our marginalisation, the better their paymasters sitting in the government reward them. Let us simply cut off his oxygen.

Actually that's not a right advice brother in my opinion.

Indian media, in my opinion, is the most dangerous asset in the hands of the ruling party. Media does worse than murdering muslims over here. And I can guarantee you that media and far-right groups would have played extremely well on the silence of Muslims. This case is quite similar to Salman Rushdi. 

Best is, what has already been done. He has been declared Kafir. His place of burial is destroyed and a consensus has been made that no one would even recite his janaza. Even better, his own family members have disowned him. Given interviews and openly condemned him. 

Now the next steps should be to make it an opportunity and spread the teachings of Quran in India everywhere. To answer his claims openly and destroy the entire plot and turn it into a positive for the community. This would be necessary. 

As we all know that with the increase of Islamophobia, the spread of Islam has also increased. 

Wassalam.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
2 hours ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

I think I know this person too.

They are all roped in by BJP, it is pretty clear.

There are many shia maulana in UP who supports BJP and their reasons are different. Hope you are not getting the wrong one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
15 minutes ago, F.M said:

I guess I am the only one who dont know who "Waseem Rizvi" is and what did happen:worried:

Waseem Rizvi is an Indian guy who is an ex-chairman of Shia Waqf board. He has given many controversial statements. The latest being - Remove 26 verses from Qur'an that promotes terrorism. He has also filed PIL in Supreme Court which will be definitely dismissed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Zainuu said:

Now the next steps should be to make it an opportunity and spread the teachings of Quran in India everywhere. To answer his claims openly and destroy the entire plot and turn it into a positive for the community. This would be necessary

I agree. This is a great opportunity to get a book/leaflet published that replies for all those verses in question. It should be with a catchy name in order to make non-Muslims interested. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
7 hours ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

The best thing that the Muslims can do right now is to completely ignore him and not give him any traction.

That is a problem in its own right (American expression). What will happen is some element of the media mob will run stories about him and mislead people by calling him a reformist.

Personally, relying on the info above, this is jihada -a moral imperative.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Sirius_Bright said:

There are many shia maulana in UP who supports BJP and their reasons are different. Hope you are not getting the wrong one. 

Is he the one associated with the Shia Waqf board?

The one who wears sherwani/achkan and a gamchha around his neck?

Although I don't think that supporting the BJP is a good strategy for Muslims now in the long term perspective. Shia madrassas were also vandalized and students tortured by the UP police and their auxillary Sanghi goons during the anti-NRC-CAA protests. The "enemy of my enemy is my friend" doesn't hold true in this case, I feel, but this is a different discussion altogether.

Edited by AbdusSibtayn
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, hasanhh said:

That is a problem in its own right (American expression). What will happen is some element of the media mob will run stories about him and mislead people by calling him a reformist.

Personally, relying on the info above, this is jihada -a moral imperative.

I admit that, brother.

By 'ignoring' him I meant that Muslim channels/news outlets/tabloids in India shouldn't give him any coverage. These demagogues are also attention seekers, and once they see that their attempts at sensationalism are floundering,they calm down a bit. I should have used "ostracize" instead of "ignore" to make my point clearer.

Of course, all his propaganda must be rebutted. But I think pulpits and households have a more crucial role than news outlets here.

Edited by AbdusSibtayn
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Zainuu said:

Actually that's not a right advice brother in my opinion.

Indian media, in my opinion, is the most dangerous asset in the hands of the ruling party. Media does worse than murdering muslims over here. And I can guarantee you that media and far-right groups would have played extremely well on the silence of Muslims. This case is quite similar to Salman Rushdi. 

Best is, what has already been done. He has been declared Kafir. His place of burial is destroyed and a consensus has been made that no one would even recite his janaza. Even better, his own family members have disowned him. Given interviews and openly condemned him. 

Now the next steps should be to make it an opportunity and spread the teachings of Quran in India everywhere. To answer his claims openly and destroy the entire plot and turn it into a positive for the community. This would be necessary. 

As we all know that with the increase of Islamophobia, the spread of Islam has also increased. 

Wassalam.

Agreed, brother.

I should have used "ostracize" instead of ignore.

BTW, an Indian brother here too! Hadn't been active on SC for some time in the past.

Welcome to the SC India Caucus!

Edited by AbdusSibtayn
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
19 hours ago, Sirius_Bright said:

He has also filed PIL in Supreme Court which will be definitely dismissed

I sincerely hope so, brother.

Although looking at the condition of Supreme Court these days, one cannot be too sure. Some judges who are, let us say, 'pliable' for the ruling party (the CJI included) will be more than eager to raise a hue and cry over this issue to further demonize our religion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
3 hours ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

The one who wears sherwani/achkan and a gamchha around his neck?

No. 

3 hours ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

Although I don't think that supporting the BJP is a good strategy for Muslims now in the long term perspective.

Shi'as of UP have long supported BJP because of their history with congress and that is better for them, atleast for now. 

2 hours ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

I sincerely hope so, brother.

Although looking at the condition of Supreme Court these days, one cannot be too sure. Some judges who are, let us say, 'pliable' for the ruling party (the CJI included) will be more than eager to raise a hue and cry over this issue to further demonize our religion.

These would be huge if SC even entertains such petition. Personally, I don't think anything will happen. Qur'an is too sensitive for Muslims and if they talk about altering Qur'an it may also raise similar questions on other books such as Bible and Gita. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

Shi'as of UP have long supported BJP because of their history with congress and that is better for them, atleast for now. 

That is why I said "In the long term". How viable an option is it now? How long before they turn on us?

Vajpayee was different. But things are not the same anymore.

Since the NRC-CAA protests things have changed for the UP Shias. Maulana Kalbe Sadiq (rh) had supported the protests, for which Kalbe Jawad had also viciously attacked his own uncle. One of his comments was so disrespectful that Maulana Kalbe Sibtayn, who is the son of the late Maulana Kalbe Sadiq,had to publicly condemn him, and he has been quiet ever since. Kalbe Jawad was the only person from the Naseerabadi family who supported Modi between 2019-20,I don't think even he supports him anymore,at least not vocally like he did before.

Plus, this is very unsettling-

https://www.nationalheraldindia.com/india/minor-students-orphans-from-saadat-madarsa-still-in-jail-in-muzaffarnagar

I am also hearing that the next thing on their cards is mutah.

Edited by AbdusSibtayn
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
On 3/21/2021 at 12:17 AM, Sirius_Bright said:

He has also filed PIL in Supreme Court which will be definitely dismissed. 

https://indianexpress.com/article/india/supreme-court-waseem-rizwi-plea-removal-of-quran-verses-7270090/

Quote

The Supreme Court on Monday dismissed a PIL which sought deletion of 26 verses from the Quran alleging that they violate the law of the land and promote extremism, Bar & Bench reported. The bench also imposed costs of Rs. 50,000 on the petitioner Syed Waseem Rizvi, a former chairperson of Shia Central Board of Waqf, Uttar Pradesh

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Sirius_Bright said:

Alhamdulillah!

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) blacken the faces of the enemies of Islam!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...