Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Finding the truth

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam , 

This is the Whispering of Shaytan . My advice would be to completely ignore other religions except yours for the next couple of weeks . Search some Hadith which will quench your thirst and please you . I'll tell you one Hadith which will relieve you from any doubt and depression .

It is narrated from Ibn Abbas that the Prophet (SAWA) said : Glad tidings O' Ali , verily you and your companions and your Shi'a will be in Paradise . He who loves you is a Mu'min and he who hates you is a Ka'fir. None can love you but hate your enemies . And none can hate you but love your enemies . 

- Fadhail Al Sahaba by Ahmad bin Hanbal

- Sahih Muslim (361) v3

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, AbalFadhl said:

Salam , 

This is the Whispering of Shaytan . My advice would be to completely ignore other religions except yours for the next couple of weeks . Search some Hadith which will quench your thirst and please you . I'll tell you one Hadith which will relieve you from any doubt and depression .

It is narrated from Ibn Abbas that the Prophet (SAWA) said : Glad tidings O' Ali , verily you and your companions and your Shi'a will be in Paradise . He who loves you is a Mu'min and he who hates you is a Ka'fir. None can love you but hate your enemies . And none can hate you but love your enemies . 

- Fadhail Al Sahaba by Ahmad bin Hanbal

- Sahih Muslim (361) v3

Do you happen to have the link to the Sahih Muslim book referencing this please? I tried to look on Sunnah but can’t find it

• Advanced Member

No I dont , I  just found it on Insta . But I do have the link to the one of Musnad Ahmad ibn Hanbal

• Advanced Member
12 minutes ago, AbalFadhl said:

Thank you but if I’m to do this objectively without bias then there is also this https://www.searchtruth.com/searchHadith.php?keyword=glad tiding&book=&translator=1&search=1&search_word=all&start=10&records_display=10 so the one you sent doesn’t really add much weight 

• Advanced Member

Salam ,

It is reported by Grand Mufti of AHL-Sunnah Sheikh Bashar Awas Marouf (highly respected) that Abu Musa was indeed a liar since (according to some reports ) he worked as the scribe of Muawiyah (la) 

• Advanced Member

It becomes suspicious if the only narrator of the hadeeth is the one praised. For example, at Jamal, Imam Ali [as] said to Talhah and Zubair "Did the Prophet not say 'whoever I am his master, Ali is his master'"? They said "Yes", so he said "Then why do you want to fight me?" [see: mustadrak 'ala al-Sahihain]. Dozens of the sahabah narrate "For whoever I am his master, Ali is his master", so we know Imam Ali [as] did not fabricate it.

The only ones who narrate the "ten promised paradise" hadeeth are those who are supposedly going to paradise, so it becomes suspicious. In fact, Sheikh al-Mufeed [ar] narrates in al-Kafi'ah that Imam Ali [as] rejected this hadeeth saying it was fabricated by Sa'id:

قال له طلحة : سبحان الله ! تزعم أنا ملعونون وقد قال رسول الله : عشرة من أصحابي في الجنة. فقال أمير المؤمنين - عليه السلام - : هذا حديث سعيد بن زيد

Talha said to him: SubhanAllah! You claim that we are cursed and the Messenger of Allah said "Ten of my companions are in paradise". So Imam Ali [as] said: This is the hadeeth of Sa'id ibn Zaid.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, seekingthebeloved said:

Has anyone else suffered such a crisis in relation to their faith? If so, what are practical steps to combat this 

I experienced something very similar. In that I saw the logic in every groups arguments.

The steps I took was to know my limits eg it wasnt possible for me to go an verify every hadith.

Once I knew my limits I used the strength I had to go through each groups fundamentals. What is it that they say I must believe in.

Then I looked at the proofs presented for those "essential" beleifs.

I settled on the group that I felt could proove all the beleifs they claimed essential with minimal effort. I was avoiding mental gymnastics and obscure hadith.

Edited by Ali bin Hussein
  • Advanced Member

:salam:

The Prophet (P.B.U.H) said, “Ali ((عليه السلام)) and his shi^a are the successful ones.” Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 47; Mizan Al-^Itidal, 2/313

https://www.sibtayn.com/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2133:forty-seven-sayings-about-imam-ali-a-s-from-prophet-p-b-u-h&catid=263&Itemid=335

The Shi’a of ‘Ali will be successful on the Day of Judgement

We read in Kafaya al Muttalib fee manaqib ‘Ali ibn Abi Talib page 246:

“Jabir narrates we approached the Prophet (s) and Hadhrath ‘Ali arrived. The Prophet (s) then said ‘Your brother is coming towards me’, he then raised his hands in the direction of the Kaaba and said ‘I swear by He who control my life, ‘Ali and his Shi’a will be successful on the Day of Judgement”.

http://www.shiapen.com/comprehensive/shia-of-ali-appraisals/as-mentioned-in-hadeeth.html

How do you prove that Imam Ali (عليه السلام) was imam and khalifa after the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم))?

https://www.islamquest.net/en/archive/question/fa1162

• Moderators

The Prophet (P.B.U.H) said, “Ali ((عليه السلام)) and his shi^a are the successful ones.” Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 47; Mizan Al-^Itidal, 2/313

If one is confused after the Prophet (saws), then Imam Ali (عليه السلام) is the best and safest navigator to the right path, that anyone who love and follow him, will be among the prophets and righteous ones.

• Veteran Member
22 hours ago, seekingthebeloved said:

Has anyone else suffered such a crisis in relation to their faith?

0f all the cwap l have had to put up with, deal with and all, this is one thing l never had. l always did believe.

l thought about that decades ago and as far back as l can remember l always have, inshallah.

• Advanced Member
On 3/7/2021 at 9:11 PM, seekingthebeloved said:

I have been going trough an on-going crisis

This is not the crisis i call it awakening.

On 3/7/2021 at 9:11 PM, seekingthebeloved said:

I have been aiming to ascertain which denomination is the truth.

You used it in your profile,  Religion : Muslim. This is the true denomination.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

Mostly a person wishes that what he believes in should turn out to be the truth. When I was a staunch Salafi, many Shia arguments used to bewilder and disturb me making me look out for rebuttals crazily on anti-Shia sites.

In the Shia vs Sunni case, the narrators and narrations explicitly supporting the other's narrative of Islam are rejected as unreliable by either. In such a case the Qur'anic formula is: 

تعالوا إلى كلمة سواء بيننا وبينكم

"come to a word common between us and you" (3:64)

When we look at the events and narrations which are agreed upon by both the Sunnis and the Shia to be true, it can be easily noticed that just as the Jews and the Christians tried to misinterpret the biblical prophecies about the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) all which clearly seem to be bound together by a common logical thread, the same way the Sunnis try hard to scatter with different misinterpretations all of those agreed upon narrations which clealry seem to be bound together by the common logical thread of Wilayat Ali (عليه السلام) :

1. The hadith of Manzilat Harun (عليه السلام).

2. The hadith of the Ghadir declaration

3. The hadith of Thaqalayn

4. The hadith of the bird

5. The hadith of Khaybar

6. The announcement of banning the idolaters from Hajj

7. The hadith of the twelve successors

etc.

A simple question: What should I understand when I as a new Muslim among tens of thousands of new Muslims near Ghadir Khumm see my Prophet announcing to us "Of whom I am Mawla (shia: master/sunni:friend) Ali is his Mawla, and he is this man" while holding Ali's (عليه السلام) hand high? And two months later my Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) passes away.

This gesture of the Prophet's (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) holding high Ali's (عليه السلام) hand while introducing him to 90,000+ new Muslims as their Mawla speaks volumes! If it was only to warn them that they don't fight him 25 years later in the battle of Siffin, and if Abu Bakr was truly a legitimate caliph, then such a declaration would have been more appropriate for Abu Bakr who was fought against few months after the Ghadir event, not only by apostates but also by thousands of those Hajjis who witnessed the Ghadir declaration and thus refused to pay Zakah to Abu Bakr after the Saqifah coup.

Edited by Zaydi Shiapard
  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
On 3/8/2021 at 2:34 AM, seekingthebeloved said:

Thank you but if I’m to do this objectively without bias then there is also this https://www.searchtruth.com/searchHadith.php?keyword=glad tiding&book=&translator=1&search=1&search_word=all&start=10&records_display=10 so the one you sent doesn’t really add much weight 

Hudhaifa Revealed Aboo Moosa Al-Ash’ari Was One Of The Hypocrites!

Al-Dhahabi:

Narrated Al-A’mash from Shaqiq who said: We were sitting beside Hudhayfah and Abdullah (ibn Mas'ud) and Aboo Moosa (Al-Ash’ari) entered the mosque, Hudhaifa said: 'One of these two is a Munafiq', then he continue to say: 'The most similar people to the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) in his character, his actions and manner is Abdullah. (i.e. Aboo Musa is the Munafiq).

Footnote: the narrators of this narration are trustworthy, and this narration is narrated in 
Al-Ma’rifa wa Al-Tarikh of Al-Fasawi.

Source: Siyar A'lam Al-Nubala.Vol. 2, Pg. # 393 - 394.

Siyar+Ahlam+Nobala1Vol2.jpg

Siyar+Ahlam+Nobala2Vol2.jpg

In order to justify this narration, Al-Dhahabi has offered the excuse that Al-A’mash is regarded as a weak narrator and that he was accused of being a Shi'ee. Then he later adds extreme Shi'ites do not like Aboo Moosa Al-Ashari because he did not participate in any battles that Imam Alee ((عليه السلام)) fought in and as a result, disposed Imam Alee ((عليه السلام)) in the occasion of governorship. 
Shu'aib al-Arnaut also contributes to the footnote by tryingto justify that Hudhayfah 
was in an angry state hence why he accused Aboo Moosa as being a hypocrite. It is clear from the ample evidence that the defenses offered by the opponents is based on nothing but speculation in order to cover the crimes of the companions!
Edited by Zaydi Shiapard