Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Has Imam Hussain (as) already been avenged ?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salaam,

As all of you may know, we have many traditions that tell us when Imam Mahdi (atf) will reappear, he will fight oppression, establish justice and avenge Imam Hussain (عليه السلام).

However, I also remember some traditions say that when Mukhtar al-Thaqafi killed the killers of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) and brought their heads to Imam Sajjad (عليه السلام), the Imam was pleased. Also another hadith from I don't remember which Imam that said something like: "Don't curse Mukhtar, for he has avenged us".

I'm sorry if I don't remember what the exact hadiths are like, or if even they are sahih. But if you know them and confirm them to be true, then the question appears: Why would Imam Mahdi (atf) avenge the death of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) when supposedly Mukhtar avenged his death ? And what does it mean that Imam Mahdi (atf) will avenge Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) ? How will he do that ?

Thank you.

• Advanced Member
18 hours ago, Mohamad Abdel-Hamid said:

Why would Imam Mahdi (atf) avenge the death of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) when supposedly Mukhtar avenged his death ?

Lets see a verse of Quran:

وَمَن قُتِلَ مَظْلُومًا فَقَدْ جَعَلْنَا لِوَلِيِّهِ سُلْطَانًا 

17:33 and whoever is slain unjustly, We have indeed given to his heir authority

Imam Mehdi ajtf is the true heir of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام). Mukhtar's killing of those who fought with Imam e Mazloom is not and cannot be considered as avenge. Avenge is the right of the "wali" of the deceased. 

18 hours ago, Mohamad Abdel-Hamid said:

And what does it mean that Imam Mahdi (atf) will avenge Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) ?

The "one" who commanded to bought either pledge or head of Hussain (عليه السلام), was not killed by Mukhtar. 

Guest Psychological Warfare

Ziyarat-e-Ashura explains it. 

Karbala is about Humanity vs inhumanity. Universal Concepts. 

Ayatollah Behjat on the Dhuhoor of Imam al Mahdi ((عليه السلام)) - English Subtitles

Important thing to understand form the above video and the hadith mentioned and focus is that the call will be addressed to

O people of the world, ......"

-----

You may get some initial insight by studying the Series of Lectures on the Topic Ya Latharat Al-Hussian first is posted below. 

Ya Latharat Al-Hussain | Muharram 2013 Lecture 1 | Shaykh Hamza Sodagar

-----

The Connection between Imam Mahdi and Imam Husayn, Part 1 Mohammad Ali Shomali

• Advanced Member

Salam , 

Imam Mahdi (ajtfs) will avenge Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) by bringing his enemies out of their graves and punish them . He will also punish the enemies of Syeda Bibi Fatima Zahra (SA) and the other Imams (عليه السلام) .

And Yazid died himself , in order to be avenged he needs to be dealt with by the Imam (ajtfs) . Only an Imam can avenge an Imam . 

• Advanced Member

It is true that Mukhtar (رضي الله عنه) killed some top of the list Maloons but you can't say that Hussein (عليه السلام) has been avenged.

If it was true, Imam Sajjad (عليه السلام) would've stopped crying for Imam Hussein (عليه السلام) after Mukhtar (رضي الله عنه) sent heads of Some maloon people.

Imam Sadiq (عليه السلام) wouldn't have arranged Majalis where people would come and cry over tragedy of Karbala.

• Advanced Member
On 3/7/2021 at 2:33 PM, AbalFadhl said:

Imam Mahdi (ajtfs) will avenge Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) by bringing his enemies out of their graves and punish them . He will also punish the enemies of Syeda Bibi Fatima Zahra (SA) and the other Imams (عليه السلام) .

And Yazid died himself , in order to be avenged he needs to be dealt with by the Imam (ajtfs) . Only an Imam can avenge an Imam . 

Why would Imam Mahdi (atf) avenge him by bringing his enemies out of their graves and punish them ? I know that we Shias believe in the concept of Raj'a and that some people will be resurrected before the Day of Judgement, but if these killers will be brought back from the grave in order to be punished, then what's the point of the Day of Judgement ? Will not sinners supposedly be judged and punished in the Day of Judgement, and not before ? Or will they suffer double the punishment, in this World and the Hereafter ? I'm not disagreeing with you brother, I'm just asking out of curiousity.

• Advanced Member

Imam Mahdi (عليه السلام) will avenge Imam Husayn (عليه السلام) by filling the earth with justice and equity (husayniyyah) just as it had been filled with tyranny and oppression (yazidiyyah) before. The upholders of Yazid's tyrannical policies still occupy the Islamic heartlands.