Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Adapting to the society

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

Recently I was in some discussion with some few muslims saying that many things that were wajib are not wajib anymore because we must adapt to society. I have seen this view within many muslim families.

The number 1 thing that majority don't consider wajib anymore is hijab. When I say hijab here, i mean covering of the hair. Many muslims don't consider it wajib anymore.
The same people consider me radical for being firm on that hijab is wajib. Their argument is wearing hijab will draw more attention than not wearing hijab in a society where less than 1% wears hijab, and that one can dress and act modesty without hijab.

How do you guys deal with this issue? what if your own family shares the same view, that hijab is not wajib anymore.

Edited by lissenma
  • Advanced Member

Salam Wajib is always Wajib anywhere of earth which only you can refuse from doing it when you have to break it to save your life until you reach to safety then you must continue doing Wajib but unfortunately majority  of muslims see wearing hijab as an absolete cultural tradition which when they migrate to non muslim country the first step of losing their culture & identity & total absorbing into new culture is removing Hijab which after removing Hijab they will say that other Wajib acts are absoleted like wearing Hijab. 

• Advanced Member

Well in my opinion your job is to tell people what Ahylul Bayat (عليه السلام). said not force it on people. The best you can do is try to reason with them rationally it is up to them to do the deed. This will ensure you have done your part in this.

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)

Some people have been saying this for years that hijab was never wajib on all women. It was just there to distinguish between slave and free women. I have noticed both muslims and non-muslims are constantly trying to convince me to stop wearing hijab. I have a cousin, who is rich and considered successful, and she doesn't wear hijab but people are always trying to convince her to wear hijab. When people see a woman who is not smart or not very good at her work, they immediately assume that she is going to sell herself to survive in this world and  people treat hijab as a luxury. If you want to live a modest lifestyle, you have to first prove that you are good at something. If you follow proper rules of hijab, you are going to have problems in your career. I think that's why people are turning against hijab. 

Edited by rkazmi33
  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

When my family immigrated to europe some other muslim women from our background told my mom "just wait within some years you will also take your hijab off" but 16 years has gone by and she still wears it so they were wrong :grin:

Edited by Khurasani
  • Advanced Member
15 minutes ago, Khurasani said:

When my family immigrated to europe some other muslim women from our background told my mom "just wait within some years you will also take your hijab off" but 16 years has gone by and she still wears it so they were wrong :grin:

Mashallah!

The halal of Muhammad (S) is halal and the haram is haram till Qiyamah!

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

"What Muslims think" is not a source of knowing Allah((سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى))'s ordinances. 

What the Thaqalayn (عليه السلام) have commanded will remain intact till the Day of Judgement, whether it appeals to people's sensibilities or not; whether they like it or not. If they obey it and abide by it, good for them. If they rebel against Allah ((سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى))'s commandments and disobey them, they are in the loss. The law is not contingent upon their whims, caprices and conjectures.

Edited by AbdusSibtayn