Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Biden called off second Syria strike

Rate this topic

Guest prosurfer

Joe Biden called off an airstrike on a second target in Syria at the last minute after intelligence reported the presence of a woman and children at the site.

Following 10 days of deliberations, Mr Biden had ordered the Pentagon to proceed with strikes on two Iranian-backed militia targets in Syria on 26 February. The strikes were in response to the rocket attack against US forces in northern Iraq in mid-February.

The president received an urgent warning from an aide just 30 minutes before the bombs were set to fall, according to reporting by The Wall Street Journal.

Battlefield reconnaissance reported a woman with children in a courtyard at one site, and the president cancelled the order to strike that target with F-15E aircraft already in the air for the mission.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/biden-syria-airstrike-2021-us-latest-b1812522.html

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Guest prosurfer said:

i hear crickets from trump lovers.

You aren't going to find many of those here. 

You also won't find many fans of Biden here. 

But thanks for sharing the article. 

• Veteran Member

I'm hearing reports Biden is making up for the wars Trump stopped.

Not a Trump lover, not even American but Biden was a bad bad idea, Harris even worse.
If Biden stopped a strike for a woman and child it's because the word was out and he didn't want to be known as killing a woman and child.

Unless people were isis I thought peace was starting to agree with everybody. 
I don't have any first hand sources and don't know whether to believe stuff or not.