Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Are you a highly sensitive person?

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)

The video says that HSPs are 15-20% of population. I can relate to most of the things described in this video but I cannot find anyone in real life who is also HSP. So where are all the HSPs hiding? I get irritated by even sunlight on a sunny day and I used to wear perfume for years but now I cannot stand its smell. I have also noticed that when I spend too much time around people, my brain gets over-stimulated and I sometimes get excited without any reason. And yes, when I am around people, I get all these feelings which I cannot explain, as soon as I am alone, all those feelings are gone. I do over-analyze everything people say to me and I have trouble saying no to people. 

What careers are suitable for HSPs? I work at places where I constantly need to interact with people and there's so much noise, all this effects my work performance badly. Anyone out there who can relate to these and how do you stop your brain from getting over-stimulated? Because when I get that feeling of excitement, it can last for very long hours and people get suspicious about me. 

Edited by rkazmi33
  • Veteran Member

ls l HSP? When it comes to pseudo-intellectual nonsense -or mentioning my ex's name- l sure the Heck is.

1 hour ago, rkazmi33 said:

What careers are suitable for HSPs?

Social activism.

Begging on street corners.

Playing music for dimes on the streets.

Writing poetry nobody understands.

A gov;t bureaucrat.

Church janitor.

Welfare bum.

• Advanced Member

I have what people call a one track mind.If something goes into my head it has to be done for me to be at rest. My excitement is usually limited to getting my hands on book Sticking to a routine usually ensures that I do not let me mind wonder off. Even if it does I remind myself not everyone shares my sentiments about the subject so I keep myself mum unless it is absolutely necessary to talk.Saves you a lot of headaches in the long run. 

• Advanced Member

More importantly stopping feeling pity for yourself that ensures you are stuck in this loop and feed off more bad vibes.

Lastly Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) never used to what if. Try to the best you can and reward for all effort is with Allah.The world did not appreciate Imam Ali (عليه السلام) and we wonder why we feel left out.

• Veteran Member
On 3/4/2021 at 8:51 PM, hasanhh said:

ls l HSP? When it comes to pseudo-intellectual nonsense -or mentioning my ex's name- l sure the Heck is.

Social activism.

A gov;t bureaucrat.

Church janitor.

Welfare bum.

You are  mean. Janitor is too much work, i hate cleaning and my worst enemy is compared to Jesus, so I hate churches and all christians.

• Advanced Member

Salaam, i can totally relate to your experience. Im the same way and spent most of my life working as a gardener/landscaper because it enabled me to be away from people, emersed in nature, and to be able to stream islamic lectures on my phone while i was working, however, as a female, i had to leave that field as i became more and more practicing.

Fields that may be good to look into could be microbiology as its mostly just you and a microscope,park ranger, or maybe some type of code writer. Possibly a cataloguer/librarian? Im sure there are other things but i cant think of them right now.

May Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) guide you to whatever is best.

Salaam

• Moderators
3 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Social activism.

A gov;t bureaucrat.

Church janitor.

Welfare bum.

What the..............?

• Veteran Member
6 hours ago, rkazmi33 said:

You are  mean.

To quote an old acquaintance of mine, "Yeah . . . isn't it great?"

:clap: "l win an 'old meanie' award.

4 hours ago, starlight said:

What the..............?

ls the "..........." Hasan? As it "What the Hasan?"   

Yeah, l am kinda psycho at the moment.

6 hours ago, rkazmi33 said:

so I hate churches and all christians. 

l can understand that. Most people in the World have no use for those "satan siders"; you avoid them when possible. And be careful when you correct them.

Guest Irna

I've been working in hospital for several years,  one of the most dangerous places and noisiest too. My manager or director (whatever it's name) always told me: "you are very sensitive". In reality sensitivity for those Arab people -between whom I've been living for several years- means making reaction to what is happening around a person. They actually most of the times have no feelings about many situations including pleasant or uncomfortable...first years I had many problems with those people as you mentioned; I was thinking about what they think of me or if my work was satisfactory or did I hurt anyone's heart, etc. But after some years when I studied Islam more deeply; I listen to tafseer of Quran and read Ahadeeth, I found how I was wrong. So one important and critical point in life is: Do Not Listen to what people say and how they judge you!!! That's the worst thing in life if you notice to others; but instead, always seek what pleases Lord and what satisfies Him.