Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Imam Ali’s caliphate contradicts the Quran?

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

  • Advanced Member

In surah nur 24: 55 Allah says:

Allah has promised those of you who believe and do good that He will certainly make them successors in the land, as He did with those before them; and will surely establish for them their faith which He has chosen for them; and will indeed change their fear into security—˹provided that˺ they worship Me, associating nothing with Me. But whoever disbelieves after this ˹promise˺, it is they who will be the rebellious”

allah promises the rulers after the demise of the prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم):

1. Rulership of the land

2. establishment of the religion

3. security and safety.

abu bakr had all 3; while imam Ali as had his caliphate usurped, had his wife attacked, had his daughter forcefully married, fought 3 civil wars, etc and thus  lived in fear and oppression and therefor unlike the other caliphs barely had any of these 3 promises. 

how to rectify this? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, zahralzu said:

In surah nur 24: 55 Allah says:

Allah has promised those of you who believe and do good that He will certainly make them successors in the land, as He did with those before them; and will surely establish for them their faith which He has chosen for them; and will indeed change their fear into security—˹provided that˺ they worship Me, associating nothing with Me. But whoever disbelieves after this ˹promise˺, it is they who will be the rebellious”

allah promises the rulers after the demise of the prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم):

1. Rulership of the land

2. establishment of the religion

3. security and safety.

abu bakr had all 3; while imam Ali as had his caliphate usurped, had his wife attacked, had his daughter forcefully married, fought 3 civil wars, etc and thus  lived in fear and oppression and therefor unlike the other caliphs barely had any of these 3 promises. 
 

how to rectify this? 

It will happen once Imam Mahdi (عليه السلام) takes over the whole world and establish both Imamat and Khalifat (selected by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and elected by people).

Right after the wafat, majority of muslim ummah deviated from the belief (that Prophet has taught) and didn't do good enough to support Imam Ali as Wali.

So muslims has to wait to be successors on the land.

Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will keep his promise even the world has one more day before total destruction.  Only the ummah not keeping up with the religion brought through the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).

Edited by layman
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, zahralzu said:

In surah nur 24: 55 Allah says:

Allah has promised those of you who believe and do good that He will certainly make them successors in the land, as He did with those before them; and will surely establish for them their faith which He has chosen for them; and will indeed change their fear into security—˹provided that˺ they worship Me, associating nothing with Me. But whoever disbelieves after this ˹promise˺, it is they who will be the rebellious”

allah promises the rulers after the demise of the prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم):

1. Rulership of the land

2. establishment of the religion

3. security and safety.

abu bakr had all 3; while imam Ali as had his caliphate usurped, had his wife attacked, had his daughter forcefully married, fought 3 civil wars, etc and thus  lived in fear and oppression and therefor unlike the other caliphs barely had any of these 3 promises. 
 

how to rectify this? 

Is your 'tafsir' of this ayat for real or is this a joke ? 

1. There are verses in the Quran that have general meanings and specific meanings. This one has a general meaning, since there is no specific time and no specific 'group' of believers. So how you tie this to Imam Ali((عليه السلام)) or any of the other Caliphs, well I'm not quite sure how you do that, since you haven't presented any evidence that this ayat is referring specifically to this particular time period or group of individuals. That is the first problem. 

2. As others have said, none of the Caliphs had rulership, establishment of religion, or safety in a total and complete sense, as this ayat is referring to. Many wars were fought and many muslims died during the Caliphs of all above. Umar and Uthman were assasinated. The religion was not established (in the absolute sense this ayat is talking about) since muslims were still divided into factions (some supporting Imam Ali((عليه السلام)) and some supporting the usurpers). There was rampant corruption under the Caliphate of Uthman, so much so that the people revolted against him and killed him. So you would need to 'whitewash' and overlook alot to say there was 'rulership of the land', 'establishment of religion', or 'security and safety' during any period Islamic History up until the present day. 

3. Many muslims believe that this ayat is referring to the time where Imam Mahdi(a.f.s) establishes his rule. This is because of the hadith accepted by Muslims, in general, from Rasoulallah(p.b.u.h), 'The world will not end until a man from my lineage rises up to establish peace and justice on the earth whereas before it was filled with injustice and tyranny'. We, the Shia, know this man as the son of Imam Hassan Al Askari((عليه السلام)), the eleventh Imam of Ahl Al Bayt((عليه السلام)), Imam Zaman(a.f.s), may Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) hasten his reappearance. 

I have never heard of anyone (up to this point) use this ayat to refer to the time of the first 3 or to the Caliphate of Imam Ali((عليه السلام)). 

Edited by Abu Hadi
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
16 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

Is your 'tafsir' of this ayat for real or is this a joke ? 

1. There are verses in the Quran that have general meanings and specific meanings. This one has a general meaning, since there is no specific time and no specific 'group' of believers. So how you tie this to Imam Ali((عليه السلام)) or any of the other Caliphs, well I'm not quite sure how you do that, since you haven't presented any evidence that this ayat is referring specifically to this particular time period or group of individuals. That is the first problem. 

2. As others have said, none of the Caliphs had rulership, establishment of religion, or safety in a total and complete sense, as this ayat is referring to. Many wars were fought and many muslims died during the Caliphs of all above. Umar and Uthman were assasinated. The religion was not established (in the absolute sense this ayat is talking about) since muslims were still divided into factions (some supporting Imam Ali((عليه السلام)) and some supporting the usurpers). There was rampant corruption under the Caliphate of Uthman, so much so that the people revolted against him and killed him. So you would need to 'whitewash' and overlook alot to say there was 'rulership of the land', 'establishment of religion', or 'security and safety' during any period Islamic History up until the present day. 

3. Many muslims believe that this ayat is referring to the time where Imam Mahdi(a.f.s) establishes his rule. This is because of the hadith accepted by Muslims, in general, from Rasoulallah(p.b.u.h), 'The world will not end until a man from my lineage rises up to establish peace and justice on the earth whereas before it was filled with injustice and tyranny'. We, the Shia, know this man as the son of Imam Hassan Al Askari((عليه السلام)), the eleventh Imam of Ahl Al Bayt((عليه السلام)), Imam Zaman(a.f.s), may Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) hasten his reappearance. 

I have never heard of anyone (up to this point) use this ayat to refer to the time of the first 3 or to the Caliphate of Imam Ali((عليه السلام)). 

I wish this was a ‘joke’ but Sunnis claim they have hadiths that prove this verse was revealed addressing the companions directly and promising them specifically that they themselves will come to live in conditions such that the three promises are fulfilled, and this was revealed when the prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) first arrived on medina and the Muslims for the first time in over a decade felt religious liberties and peace. 
 

https://www.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp?tMadhNo=0&tTafsirNo=86&tSoraNo=24&tAyahNo=55&tDisplay=yes&UserProfile=0&LanguageId=2

A1FD09AF-6AC3-43B9-9C88-192E02D40815.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

Salam the Irony of this Sunni claim is that they have tried to deny Imam Ali (as)' caliphate by using a narration  from one of supporters of Imam Ali (as)' caliphate which his name is written  with the red colr for showing  that he is main narrator of hadith.:grin: anyway before conquest of Mecca , all of muslims in Medina were in state of fear which even Medina is sieged by Kufar army during battle of Khandaq (Trench)which only bravery of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) leads to breaking of the siege so the prophecy have not fullfiled  yet.

Quote

In the Period of the Caliphs

After the Demise of the Prophet (s)

According to Shiite sources, after the demise of the Prophet (s), Ubayy b. Ka'b was one of the twelve people from Muhajirun and Ansar who expressed their objections to the way the Prophet's (s) successor was elected. Ubayy transmitted a hadith from the Prophet (s) according to which: "'Ali b. Abi Talib is your Imam after me and he is the well-wisher for my people".

https://en.wikishia.net/view/Ubayy_b._Ka'b

https://www.islamquest.net/fa/archive/question/fa19231

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

Abu ad-Darda (رضي الله عنه) narrated that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said: "You are given provisions and victories by the virtue of the weak among you." (Bukhari, Nasai) Allah's promise in an-Nur:55 came into effect by the virtue of the politically weak and suppressed Ahl al-Bayt (عليه السلام), not the tyrannical caliphs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Malik Ashtar
22 hours ago, Zaydi Shiapard said:

Abu ad-Darda (رضي الله عنه) narrated that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said: "You are given provisions and victories by the virtue of the weak among you." (Bukhari, Nasai) Allah's promise in an-Nur:55 came into effect by the virtue of the politically weak and suppressed Ahl al-Bayt (عليه السلام), not the tyrannical caliphs.

Islam spread by the virtue of the disadvantaged Imams of Ahl al-Bayt and the deprived Mujahideen in the front lines; the sincere believers who prayed for the Ummah and fought for the Ummah, whom Allah had promised in Nur 55.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
On 3/5/2021 at 5:39 AM, zahralzu said:

In surah nur 24: 55 Allah says:

Allah has promised those of you who believe and do good that He will certainly make them successors in the land, as He did with those before them; and will surely establish for them their faith which He has chosen for them; and will indeed change their fear into security—˹provided that˺ they worship Me, associating nothing with Me. But whoever disbelieves after this ˹promise˺, it is they who will be the rebellious”

allah promises the rulers after the demise of the prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم):

1. Rulership of the land

2. establishment of the religion

3. security and safety.

abu bakr had all 3; while imam Ali as had his caliphate usurped, had his wife attacked, had his daughter forcefully married, fought 3 civil wars, etc and thus  lived in fear and oppression and therefor unlike the other caliphs barely had any of these 3 promises. 

how to rectify this? 

Meaning of “Is’takhlafa” in the verse 24.55

Khalafa: He came after, followed, succeeded, or remained after, another, or another that had perished or died. 

Allah has promised, to those among you who believe and work righteous deeds he will surely make them to succeed on the earth just like he made those to succeed before them. He will most certainly establish for them their religion which He has chosen for them,  and that He will change for them after their fear in to the security. they will worship me, not they will associate with Me anything. But whoever disbelieves after that - then those are the defiantly disobedient.  24:55

 “Just like he made those to succeed before them”

Only believers were lived on the earth after destroying the unjust people.They were  Nuh(عليه السلام) and his people , Hud(عليه السلام) and his people  (people of Aad) &  Salih(عليه السلام) and his people (people  of Thamud).

 Nuh(عليه السلام) and his people

And We saved him and those with him in the laden ship.(26:119) Then We drowned thereafter the remaining ones.(26:120)

And they denied him, so We saved him and those with him in the ship and made them to succeed (wa ja’alnahum Khalaifa), and We drowned those who denied Our signs. Then see how was the end of those who were warned. 10:73

 Hud(عليه السلام) and his people 

So We saved him and those with him by mercy from Us. And We eliminated those who denied Our signs, and they were not [at all] believers. 7:72

And remember when He made you successors (khulafa) after the people of Noah and increased you in stature extensively….7:69

My Lord will make succeed (yastakhlifu) the people other than you…11:57

 Salih(عليه السلام) and his people

So when Our command came, We saved Salih and those who believed with him, by mercy from Us, and [saved them] from the disgrace of that day. Indeed, it is your Lord who is the Powerful, the Exalted in Might.11:66

And the rumbling overtook those who were unjust, so they became motionless bodies in their abodes,11:67

 Verse 24:55 states that there will be a time upon the earth that the  inhabitant of the earth will only be those  who are believers and work righteous deeds.

 “to those among you who believe and work righteous deeds”

 Who believe and work righteous deeds refers to  the group of people  having such a qualities  since the time of prophet(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) till the time of qiyamat

 “Among you” refers to  Imam Mahdi(عليه السلام) and his people

 It is reported in the  Majma’ al-Bayan  that ‘Ayyashi reported from Ali ibn al-Husayn (عليه السلام) that when he recited the verse, he said: “By God these are our Shi’ites of Ahl al-Bayt , about whom God will fulfill his promises through a man from us, and he is the Mahdi of this Community, about whom the Prophet(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said: ‘Even if there remains only one day on Earth, God will prolong it until He will bring forth a pious man from my progeny whose name is the same as my name and he will fill the earth with justice and equity as it was filled with oppression and tyranny.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...