Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What's the explanation behind your username/Where did you get it from?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

I took it from an Iranin  fantasy book about a nearly immortal  man which carries trumpet of archangle Israfil while he is looking for a cure for becoming  a mortal man again  which in his journey  trough centuries  has visited Shia Imam which Imam  Mahdi (aj) has choosen him as carrier  of trumpet of archangle Israfil.

Wow, can u tell me the name of that book? 

The backwords of my username is my name. XD 

• Advanced Member

I got my username from Hazrat AbalFadhl Abbas (عليه السلام) . If happened to be his Wiladat when I joined SC so out of love for Him (عليه السلام) I put my username as AbalFadhl (عليه السلام)

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

Initially joined to ask some ahkam question I was struggling with.

Also, as a Mu'min, the struggle/battle against the self is something we're all constantly in (the greater battle - the jihad al akbar)

Hence, AStruggler. 

Edited by AStruggler
  • Basic Members

I literally just made this account two hours ago, and I now see this post as if it's asking me "so why did you spend an hour coming up with that name?"

It's not easy, whenever making an account, just staring at that blank screen, wondering what name to go with. Was I chosing my usual username, or would it be better to name myself after an anime character? But what do names signify? This reminded me of The Wide Sargasso Sea, where the main character is deprived of her name by her husband. She says, "Names matter, like when he wouldn't call me Antoinette, and I saw Antoinette drifting out of the window". She wasn't Antoinette by the end of the story, she became Bertha. I don't want to become Bertha, renaming is a luxury I don't have. But that doesn't have anything to do with my name, because my name is The Marionettist.
One of my passions is writing, and whenever I brainstorm characters, I imagine the trauma I'll be inflicting on them, wondering whether I should keep them alive or dead, pushing them till they break, and patiently waiting till they're hopeless. I will feel sad for them, maybe shed a tear, but that's life. Their destinies are in my hands as if I were a Marionettist controlling puppets, and they will remain there till the puppet show ends.

(Sorry for the long answer, got a bit carried away)

• Advanced Member

So my username mean "Essence of Life"

Last year I started to read this amazing book written by Mohammad-Baqer Majlesi which I'm still reading and it has really positive effect on my life that's why I dedicate my username to the book's title.

• Advanced Member
On 3/4/2021 at 2:07 PM, Diaz said:

Wow, can u tell me the name of that book?

Salam the title of book is same as my username (Ashvazdanghe اشوزدنگهه) which It is a thrilogy fantasy  book .

• Advanced Member
  • 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member
On 3/3/2021 at 10:41 PM, guest 2025 said:

I'm Guest 2025 because I want to see what happens to me by 2025

I got mine out of just thinking. I really liked the name so I went with it. Wasalam