Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Can someone take back their forgiveness after they already forgave you in the past?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I would say it is more or so rectifying the wrong, as opposed to the individual themselves being an absolutely necessary component in gaining forgiveness, for example if we hurt someone, or speak ill of them, or any way transgress against an individual we ought first seek pardon from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and request that the individual(s) in question pardon us for our poor judgement and verbal/physical transgression. If they do not forgive, one should seek to kindly inquire to that which would allow both affairs to be reconciled (pragmatically). Of course a true believer ought to take the advice of Imam Hussein ((عليه السلام)) and forgive even the one who is insincere! Now, that being said if there is no reasonable way to take in seeking the forgiveness from said individual, then one is to return to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) pray for the forgiveness of their sin and the sin of themselves and vow not to do such an action again and treat it as a valuable lesson. As for the one who forgives and then rescinds their forgiveness, a kind believer can always communicate as they did when initially gaining their forgiveness and seek to reach a reconciliatory means, if this approach is not viable then praying for forgiveness for oneself and them is what one ought to do. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) does not burden a soul over its capability, especially when it comes to seeking to amend ones actions through repentance. 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

As for the one who forgives and then rescinds their forgiveness, a kind believer can always communicate as they did when initially gaining their forgiveness and seek to reach a reconciliatory means, if this approach is not viable then praying for forgiveness for oneself and them is what one ought to do. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) does not burden a soul over its capability, especially when it comes to seeking to amend ones actions through repentance. 

I heard (from I think a Sunni hadith) that if you apologize and the person is being unreasonable and stubborn in not forgiving you, then Allah will give you the forgiveness. I was hoping the same would be truth with rescinded forgiveness, since the action is immature. 

Edited by guest 2025
  • Advanced Member
7 hours ago, guest 2025 said:

I heard (from I think a Sunni hadith) that if you apologize and the person is being unreasonable and stubborn in not forgiving you, then Allah will give you the forgiveness. I was hoping the same would be truth with rescinded forgiveness, since the action is immature. 

i wouldnt suppart such thing that easy.. for exmaple ahlalbayt also didnt forgive yazid. And so did allah either.

Some happenings including killing,harassing,bullying,Rape,gossepig etc... cant be forgiven that easy, and allah is the most just.