Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

The Reality of Muslims today

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

Instead of looking at our own faults and admitting them we look at others faults as a way of survival. Oh why is she wearing makeup? Why is his hair styled in a certain way? Why does he/she wear super tight clothes? Why isn't she wearing her hijab properly? And then we take a negative perception of those people. We're only judging them based on their appearance when really we have committed alot of our own sins, but obviously its internal and no one can see that. So why should we judge others just based physical appearance?

Many Arabs have a verryy long history of arrogance and hypocrisy. Even until today they remain arrogant. Absolutely sickening. And I know this because I've experienced it both within my household and my community (which is Iraqi). 

What's more scary is that if the Qaim (عليه السلام) comes out, very few Shias will believe in him. In fact just like how there were a NUMBER OF SHIAS during the Imamat of Imam Jawad (عليه السلام) and Imam Al Naqi (عليه السلام) disbelieved in them because they claimed the imamah at a very young age, and refuted every scholar during their time. If we were Shias during their time, we would we really believe in them? Some of us may say ,YES OF COURSE WE WOULD, but the truth is we wouldn't.

completely agree!!

i also just made a topic about it more specifically. about how much shias will actually turn away from imam mahdi himself. i started the topic because it getting more and more obvious that lots shia are getting astray.

i witness such bevaour too from my own damn familly from my dad side ( Its sickening) i know how you feel

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Andrew Israel said:

If we Shias are supposedly ready for the imam to reappear then where are the 313 of his closest companions?

They will appear once he (عليه السلام) appears right? 

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Andrew Israel said:

If we Shias are supposedly ready for the imam to reappear then where are the 313 of his closest companions?

The truth is a lot of aren't, if you're a person who works towards being part of his companions dedicated your whole life for it, but it turns out he didn't pick you, would you be heartbroken, dejected, resentful? A lot of people would be.

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

Salam alaikum

وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله

7 hours ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

made me realise that the vast majority of Muslims are not believers

وَلَقَدْ زَيَّنَّا السَّمَاءَ الدُّنْيَا بِمَصَابِيحَ وَجَعَلْنَاهَا رُجُومًا لِّلشَّيَاطِينِ ۖ وَأَعْتَدْنَا لَهُمْ عَذَابَ السَّعِيرِ [67:5]

To become a مؤمن (believer) one ought to strive greatly and be vigilant in every moment, to the extent that even their thoughts would be under the highest form of scrutiny - not for contemplation over illicit temptations, or other such sins that the mind may provoke one to entertain, this goes without question - a مؤمن (believer) is someone that gives no entry to شيطان (satan), so as to allow his وسواس (satanic whispers) to penetrate the mind and influence the نفس (soul) to act sinfully; adorning sin mischievously and calling us to be of the companions of the fire.

It is then sound to say that many have fallen to the trickery of شيطان (Satan) and have succumbed to his evil callings, therefore, it is of great coherence and immense purposefulness to erect a barricade around the mind that becomes رجوما للشياطين (a repeller of the devils). We can always complain and be disheartened over the reality of the Muslim community, however, if we truly seek to serve and be like those مصابيح (illuminating lanterns) that are رجوما للشياطين (repellers of the devils) we ought to first erect that barricade within our minds and inasmuch as we do so, we can become مؤمنين (believers) and by becoming such we turn into beacons of light that give أمان (safekeeping) to the مسلم (Muslim).

For مؤمن (one who is in a state of safekeeping) is a derivative of the word أمان (safety). Therefore, if we seek to become those who are saved from the treachery of the devil in order to become  servants of the truth, as well as those who call to the sublime name of الله (Allah) let us then smash the idol of شيطان (Satan) that is within our hearts. Words are mere sophistry, until put into action. Sin is a mere impediment from such action and those who seek to confine themselves to the transience of disobedience are the ones who have truly خسروا الدنيا والآخرة (lost this world and the next) for they allow a strand that can be corrected within themselves to dictate their being and by doing so stamp a seal over their hearts, let us not fall to our own deceit, the deceit of the devil, and most importantly the deceit of جند الشيطان (the armies of the devil) those whose words are bitter, whose eyes are envious,  whose reminders are poisonous, and who call you to be from أصحاب السعير (the people of the Hellfire). 

Limiting you to an action made in a moment of regret and a poor choice that lead to a series of events, smash the idol of the devil that lay dormant within the heart, whispering doubt and mischief to the self. The words of the devil who casts doubt and the words of جند الشيطان (the supporters of the devil) who mock and scoff are to be placed under the feet where a Muslim should tread, for they, the devil, and this world have no place other then being under the feet. Let us seek to be جند الله (the soldiers of Allah) those who call to Islam; the religion of Jesus, Moses, Abraham, and all the Prophets before and after them, only after we establish such conviction within ourselves and within our hearts will we see change. For the moment we reach such a point of اطمأنان (serenity) we will not complain, as much as we would instead seek to work in spreading our light.

Surface level complaints: 

8 hours ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

Oh why is she wearing makeup? Why is his hair styled in a certain way? Why does he/she wear super tight clothes? Why isn't she wearing her hijab properly? And then we take a negative perception of those people. We're only judging them based on their appearance when really we have committed alot of our own sins, but obviously its internal and no one can see that. So why should we judge others just based on physical appearance?

And negative generalizations (that are inconsiderate of immense nuances and great intricacies:

8 hours ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

Many Arabs have a verryy long history of arrogance and hypocrisy. Even until today they remain arrogant. Absolutely sickening. And I know this because I've experienced it both within my household and my community (which is Iraqi). 

Won’t solve anything, but add fuel to the flame of disillusion within our community. 

اللهم صل على محمد وعلى آل محمد

• Moderators

Wa alaikum as salaam

I believe what you have described is what the Qur'an refers to as ghaflah

For instance the first verse of Surah Ambiya, which Ali Quli Qara'i has translated as:

Mankind’s reckoning has drawn near to them, yet they are disregardful in [their] obliviousness.

One translation of ghaflah is therefore obliviousness.

I feel we have taken religion as granted and treat it more like a badge, that we like to pin on when it suits us and hide when it doesn't, and which mainly has the purpose of showing something to others rat.her than allowing actions to speak for themselves.

We seem to assume that being born as muslimeen and associating with other likeminded people is sufficient to know what islam is (reading and implementing the teachings is apparently not required)

There is no real struggle, strife or dedication. We play the religious card when it suits us but are not really committed to core religious principles.

I believe the only way is to get back to the basics. We must continuously study the Qur'an and the teachings of the prophet and his progeny, peace and blessings on all of them.

Our gatherings must be centred on these two weighty things. Social, political and cultural considerations are secondary, religious guidelines and commitment must always come first.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Diaz said:

They will appear once he (عليه السلام) appears right? 

no not, all of the 313 will be living people none of them would be brought back to live, its basically allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) wait till finally 313 righteous people at the same time are ready for it..at least thats what i think.. because i asked diverse shia sheikhs all of said" the 313 will be living people none of them would be dead and brought back to live." 

2 hours ago, Labbayka said:
5 hours ago, Andrew Israel said:

The truth is a lot of aren't, if you're a person who works towards being part of his companions dedicated your whole life for it, but it turns out he didn't pick you, would you be heartbroken, dejected, resentful? A lot of people would be.

this is soo true!! and then we wonder with our big mouth and ask why he didnt return yet.. no body who cares anymore about imam mahdi and more and. more people who dont want to discuss such topics and work for it.. i already got on multiplle discussion only at this site because some people belief imam mahdi isnt going to return and bringing such topics up is useless (to them).. 

Edited by F.M
  • Advanced Member
28 minutes ago, F.M said:

no not, all of the 313 will be living people none of them would be brought back to live, its basically allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) wait till finally 313 righteous people at the same time are ready for it..at least thats what i think.. because i asked diverse shia sheikhs all of said" the 313 will be living people none of them would be dead and brought back to live."

Yes I know sister, I meant when imam mahdi (عليه السلام) appear, the 313 will appear as well. I thought they will come before him (عليه السلام)

• Advanced Member

How Do the Companions of Imam Mahdi Join Him?
According to the sayings, the companions gather around miraculously from faraway and close places at a night or in a morning in Mecca and they join Imam Mahdi there. Imam Ali quotes from Prophet Muhammad in this regard, “God brings together the companions of Mahdi in Mecca, from east and west, in a blink of an eye.

https://www.erfan.ir/english/81192.html

https://en.wikishia.net/view/Companions_of_Imam_al-Mahdi_(a)

• Forum Administrators

I think this shows humanity is at a more a level playing field than we think. Perhaps the “advantages” nominal Muslims have over nominal non-Muslims is actually overstated? In some ways at least.

Obviously much more is involved in the development and destiny of a human than a passive tribal affiliation. That alone saves nobody. But it’s a comforting and addicting thought.