Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Wudhu Problems !!!!!!!!!

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam ,

First of all I came across a vid on how to perform Shi'a Wudhu and I've done it similarly except I dont wash the inside of my arm only the exterior and I always get more tap water to make massah (messeh) .

Does this mean that my Wudhu is invalid ?

And will Allah forgive me ? since I was taught by my Moulana to perform it like I am today , so I didnt know .

• Advanced Member

Wa Alaykum As-Salam,

46 minutes ago, AbalFadhl said:

First of all I came across a vid on how to perform Shi'a Wudhu and I've done it similarly except I dont wash the inside of my arm only the exterior

If you did not wash the inside of the arm at all then the wudu' is invalid.

47 minutes ago, AbalFadhl said:

I always get more tap water to make massah (messeh) .

This will make the wiping in wudu' invalid.

41 minutes ago, AbalFadhl said:

And does it mean that my namaz are false (Baatil) ?

With the washing of the forearms, if there is a possibility, even a small one, that the water reached the inside of the arms then repeating the prayers performed with that wudu' is not necessary. However if you are 100% certain that water did not reach there then repeating the prayers performed with this wudu' is necessary.

With regards to the wiping, according to Al-Sayyid As-Sistani, prayers performed with this wudu' are valid but for now on you must only use the water that remains on the hands after washing both forearms.

Question: A person used to make mistakes in the way he performed his wudhu (minor ablution) or ghusl (major ablution). After many years, he comes to realize his mistakes. When he inquires as how to solve his problem, he is told: "Repeat all your prayers and perform the pilgrimage again." Since saying all the prayers and doing the pilgrimage again is difficult, is there a solution which would salvage his prayers and pilgrimage performed with wudhu and ghusl that he thought was correct? Is there such a solution as a concession to this person so that he does not become disheartened and rebellions against religious obligations in a society which encourages such kind of rebellion?

Answer: If he was ignorant out of innocence, and therefore made mistakes without causing harm (e.g., did not follow the proper sequence in washing the head and the other parts of the body in ghusl; or did the wiping of the head or feet [mash] with a new water), then his wudhu and ghusl will be considered correct; and, consequently, his past prayers and pilgrimage will also be considered correct.
But if he was ignorant out of negligence in learning the Islamic laws or did mistakes which do invalidate the act in general (e.g., leaving out some parts of the body which must be washed in wudhu or ghusl), there is no way to validate his past prayers and pilgrimage.
However, if there is the fear that he would totally rebel when asked to make up all the past prayers and pilgrimage, then it is not appropriate to ask him to do so. Maybe Allah will improve his situation in future.

57 minutes ago, AbalFadhl said:

And will Allah forgive me ?

Why are you assuming you have sinned? You did not know you were performing the wudu' incorrectly so you have not sinned but for now on you must perform the wudu' correctly.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

Salam 

@Muhammad Al-Hurr does that mean I dont have to repeat all my prayers again ?since this was a mistake and I did not know . Our Mosque Teacher (Allama) told us to do the way I was doing it before 

Edited by AbalFadhl
  • Advanced Member

Wa Alaykum As-Salam,

Well, if you are 100% certain that water did not reach the inside of your arms then, unfortunately, you will need to repeat the prayers. Keep in mind that you do not need to wipe the inside of the arms. If water reaches it in anyway from the top downwards, it is sufficient. So, like I said previously, if there is a possibility, even a small one, that water has reached the inside of the arms then the prayers performed with such a wudu' are valid. Investigating whether the water actually reached the inside of the arms or not is not necessary.

• Advanced Member

Salam 

@Muhammad Al-Hurr so do I have to repeat 206 days of prayer . Among  those days I've also performed ghusl so some of the days would be okay but I'll repeat them anyway .

And if so how do I repeat them

Note : I became 15 206 days ago and Namaz was made obligatory for me .  

• Advanced Member

Wa Alaykum As-Salam,

Well, if you are actually certain that water did not reach the inside of your arms, then it is obligatory to repeat the prayers of the days you are 100% certain were performed with the incorrect wudu'. Therefore, if you doubt whether you have to repeat 1000 prayers or 1030 prayers then it is sufficient to repeat 1000 prayers but it is mustahab to perform 1030 prayers.

Ruling 1363. With regard to someone who has to make up, for example, a number of ṣubḥ or ẓuhr prayers, but he does not know how many or he has forgotten how many – for example, he does not know if it is three, four, or five prayers that he has to make up – then, in the event that he performs the lower number, it is sufficient. However, it is better that he performs prayers up to the extent that he can be certain of having performed all of them. For example, if he has forgotten how many ṣubḥ prayers have become qaḍāʾ but he is certain that it is not more than ten, then as a recommended precaution he should perform ten ṣubḥ prayers.

https://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2250/

34 minutes ago, AbalFadhl said:

Among  those days I've also performed ghusl so some of the days would be okay but I'll repeat them anyway .

Do not repeat the prayers that were performed with ghusl as these are valid and repeating valid prayers leads to no benefit. In fact, it can lead to waswasa or difficulty so it is best to avoid repeating valid prayers.