Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

If you had a chance to go back in time where would you go ?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
On 3/2/2021 at 4:39 PM, AbalFadhl said:

I would've gone at the time when Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) was leaving for Karbala , so I could sacrifice my life for him (عليه السلام) and Islam.

Great minds think alike, I was gonna say the same thing!

Edited by Hameedeh
typos
  • Advanced Member
7 hours ago, AbalFadhl said:

I would've gone at the time when Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) was leaving for Karbala , so I could sacrifice my life for him (عليه السلام) and Islam.

Would that we were with you 

So that we could also share the accomplishment with you.

فَیَا لَیْتَنِیْ کُنْتُ مَعَکُمْ فَاَفُوْزَ مَعَکُمْ.

:salam:

If you read this line of dua(s) , It would be like that you sacrified your life for Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) at Karbala in day of Ashura.

يَا لَيْتَنِي كُنْتُ مَعَكُمْ فَافُوزَ مَعَكُمْ

y¡ laytan¢ kuntu ma`akum fa'af£za ma`akum

I wish I were with you so that I would have won with you

یا لیتنی کنت معھم فافوز فوزاً عظیماً

y¡ laytan¢ kuntu ma`ahum fa'af£za f£zan azima(n) 

I wish I were with them so that I would have great won (accomplishment

http://www.duas.org/ziaratwaritha.desktop.htm

http://www.duas.org/urdu/URDU-www-alhassanain-com/ADYAAN_AUR_MAZAHIB/ahlibait_kay_shia/017.html

http://www.duas.org/zilhajj/Ziaratarafat.htm

• Moderators
11 hours ago, The Green Knight said:

I would go back in time to murder Christopher Columbus.

They'd get there eventually, or instead of American imperialism, it would be British or Spanish or French or Dutch or someone else. Nothing would be substantially delayed by eliminating one mass murderer, though it would certainly improve the lives of those impacted by his murders and rapes. 

• Veteran Member
15 minutes ago, notme said:

They'd get there eventually, or instead of American imperialism, it would be British or Spanish or French or Dutch or someone else. Nothing would be substantially delayed by eliminating one mass murderer, though it would certainly improve the lives of those impacted by his murders and rapes. 

Yeah I thought of that, then thought of alternative and seemingly better destinations and missions, but even then I could not attach less worth to murdering Christopher Columbus. Even stuff like "where would Tesla go then and who will finance him?". "Other nations will take the role and do the same". Stuff like that. I still found enough worth in doing it and hoping for the best.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

I'd go to Ghadeer-e-khum, listen to Prophet's khutba, give allegiance to Imam Ali (عليه السلام) (and video record if possible) :party:

.. Also, search 2 people and punch them in their face. 

Edited by Sirius_Bright
  • Advanced Member
On 3/2/2021 at 11:33 PM, AbalFadhl said:

If you had a chance to go back in time where would you go ?

Lol there would be so much too change but this is what you call history... that you can never change and you shouldn't repeat just learn from it. 

But of course there are some moments that I wish didn't take place in my life and I had the option to delete them.

• Advanced Member

In the recent past: Karbala; specifically offering myself to stand in front of Ali al-Asghar when the arrow was shot at him

In distant past: when our Arwah were being ordered to accept the Wilayah, and we stepped forward, and to see who I was grouping with when there.