Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

At what Age should I be looking into applying for Hawza Ilmiyya

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam ,

I wish to learn from the School of Ahlulbayt (عليه السلام) and become a scholar whom shall pass on this knowledge to others . I have thought about it very much and I would like to apply for Hawza Ilmiyya . But the question is when should I apply ?

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, AbalFadhl said:

Salam ,

I wish to learn from the School of Ahlulbayt (عليه السلام) and become a scholar whom shall pass on this knowledge to others . I have thought about it very much and I would like to apply for Hawza Ilmiyya . But the question is when should I apply ?

Wa alaikum as salam

It depends on how you want to enter and how you want to leave the hawzah.

If you want to enter with no knowledge or fundamentals, then you can apply at any age I suppose depending on when the hawza will accept you.

If you want to enter with fluency in the language of study (farsi for Iranian hawzahs, Arabic for Iraqi or Syrian ones) and fluency in classical Arabic (grammar, syntax etc) then it will be whichever age you have attained these skills.

If you want to leave the hawzah as someone who is financially independent, then establish yourself professionally before going to the hawzah so that you have a means of living when you return. 

• Advanced Member

Salam , 

@Mahdavist

I'm currently in High School , and yes I would like to leave the Hawza Ilmiyya as a Scholar of Ahlulbayt (عليه السلام) . I've been thinking , maybe at the age of 20 will do .

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, AbalFadhl said:

Salam ,

At the moment Iran is not accepting any hawzah applications because of the pandemic about Iraq I don't know...use this time for online pre-hawzah studies or any Farsi or Arabic language courses. The application process to any hawzah can take up to 4-6 months until you get a Visa and the paperwork is done. So it depends where you are standing in your life at this point and are you 100% sure about it...is this what you really want, because it's not an easy way.

https://youtu.be/Pev-7Nj31pE

• Advanced Member

Salam ,

@Ain-Al Hayat

Yes , I'm 100% ready for it with a clean intention . The first chance I get I will go, no matter what the circumstances I will go . This is my dream .