Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Questions regarding Jesus, the Messiah, the Holy Prophet, Imam Mahdi...

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salaam,

I want to ask you guys some questions regarding some personnalities and the concept of messianism and eschatology, because to be honest, I am really confused and would like some clarifications from some of you who really understand this. My questions are:

1) What is the definition of "the Messiah" and does it mean the same thing as "saviour and awaited guide of humanity" ?

2) Was Jesus (عليه السلام) the Messiah ? Because from what I know the Qur'an calls him "al-Masih" (Messiah in Arabic).

3) Was Jesus (عليه السلام) the Messiah for the Jews only or for all nations ?

4) Can there be more than one Messiah, or is that title reserved to one individual only ?

5) What is the position of Muhammad (ص) compared to Jesus (عليه السلام) ? Obviously the Holy Prophet (ص) has a higher rank than him, but why does the Qur'an say that Jesus (عليه السلام) was the Messiah and not Muhammad (ص) ? Wasn't the Holy Prophet (ص) supposed to deliver us a message that is the ultimate guide and salvation till the Day of Judgement, while the message of Jesus (عليه السلام) was only temporal ?

6) Do we as Muslims consider Muhammad (ص) to be the definite saviour of humanity ?

7) If the Holy Prophet (ص) is the definite saviour of humanity, then what about Imam Mahdi (atf) ? Isn't he also considered to be the awaited saviour of humanity ?

8) If Imam Mahdi (atf) is the awaited saviour of humanity, does that mean that there can be more that one saviour; all of them having the same rank, or does one have a higher rank than the other ?

9) If we Muslims wait for the reappearance of Imam Mahdi (atf) and believe him to be the awaited guide of all humanity, then what about Jesus (عليه السلام) ? We also believe that he's going to reappear alongside Imam Mahdi (atf). What would his role be for humanity ? Will he still act as a prophet and would he still have the title of "al-Masih" ?

10) If we, because of being ignorant, have any doubts or false beliefs or answers concerning these questions, are we committing any major sin ?

Sorry if these questions may sound repetitive, confusing, too hard, too obvious, contradictory or not making much sense. But I would really love if you guys could give me precise answers in order for me to correctly understand this topic. Thank you !