Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Salam, does being in a state of Wudhu make it easier for you to receive Allah's Mercy and Blessings?

Rate this topic

Guest window

Salam, today I flipped to a random page in the Quran for some guidance and arrived at the Ayah where it talks about Wudhu. I interpret this as Allah wanting me to be in a state of Wudhu more and was wondering if being in that state affects how you receive His Mercy. I would appreciate it if somebody more knowledgeable could educate me.

• Advanced Member

Wassalam,

Staying in a state of wudhu is compulsory for certain acts (prayers, touching the text of the Qur'an and so on). Other than that, remaining in a state of wudhu is not compulsory, but something that is desirable, partly for the reasons that you yourself have mentioned.

• Advanced Member

Alhamdulilah, 

Like brother Abdus Sibtayn mentioned above, although it is desirable it is not compulsory to maintain wudhu throughout the day. 

There is also the Hadith in which Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) approached Bilal (رضي الله عنه). And inquired as to what he was doing in his daily routine of worship. Muhammad SAW questioned Bilal because during his assent he heard the footsteps of Bilal before he even reached the heavens. Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) asked Bilal what was he doing extra that he could think of. Bilal replied that he couldn’t really think of what he was doing but he thought further and said that every time he broke his wudhu due to natural human relief  he would make a fresh wudhu and perform two Rakaat. Muhammad SAW replied this is  a good practice and encouraged for the continuation of the practice. 

This practice wasn’t something that Bilal invented on his own. It was a etiquette that Bilal was gifted earlier than others that most likely was already being performed by Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) which is why he co-signed and recommended the continuation of the this practice. 

There are many Muslims who try to keep this practice in their daily routine because in a sense they feel closer to Allah by doing so and protected from matters or fitnah beyond their comprehension. My father is one of those people. He has explained to me how he has noticed a difference in his daily life of keeping wudhu vs not having it when outside of the home. 

If you feel that Allah is giving you this insight to keep wudhu more than maybe you should give it a try or effort without the extremism of trying to avoid relieving your body all together in order to maintain wudhu. 

Insha”Allah May Allah shower his mercy on all the believing men and women. 

• Advanced Member
47 minutes ago, AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola said:

Alhamdulilah, 

Like brother Abdus Sibtayn mentioned above, although it is desirable it is not compulsory to maintain wudhu throughout the day. 

There is also the Hadith in which Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) approached Bilal (رضي الله عنه). And inquired as to what he was doing in his daily routine of worship. Muhammad SAW questioned Bilal because during his assent he heard the footsteps of Bilal before he even reached the heavens. Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) asked Bilal what was he doing extra that he could think of. Bilal replied that he couldn’t really think of what he was doing but he thought further and said that every time he broke his wudhu due to natural human relief  he would make a fresh wudhu and perform two Rakaat. Muhammad SAW replied this is  a good practice and encouraged for the continuation of the practice. 

This practice wasn’t something that Bilal invented on his own. It was a etiquette that Bilal was gifted earlier than others that most likely was already being performed by Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) which is why he co-signed and recommended the continuation of the this practice. 

There are many Muslims who try to keep this practice in their daily routine because in a sense they feel closer to Allah by doing so and protected from matters or fitnah beyond their comprehension. My father is one of those people. He has explained to me how he has noticed a difference in his daily life of keeping wudhu vs not having it when outside of the home. 

If you feel that Allah is giving you this insight to keep wudhu more than maybe you should give it a try or effort without the extremism of trying to avoid relieving your body all together in order to maintain wudhu. 

Insha”Allah May Allah shower his mercy on all the believing men and women. 

Salam,

are you emphasizing being in a state of wudhu or being in a state of wudhu and also praying 2 rakat? 

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, guest 2025 said:

Salam,

are you emphasizing being in a state of wudhu or being in a state of wudhu and also praying 2 rakat? 

Alhamdulilah, 

I’m not necessarily emphasizing but mostly just giving perspective. But I will say for me personally If I can I prefer to have wudhu when I’m out and about. I feel like I’m plugged in and can recite Quran or pray rakaats at any moments notice. I’m not all the way certain but I believe you can only recite 7 ayaats without wudhu, someone with more knowledge can chime in and correct me if I’m wrong about that. 

But back to your question it’s up to you if you would prefer to make 2 rakaats after a fresh wudhu but it’s not obligatory. Alhamdulilah I’m no expert but Insha’Allah I hope some of this info gives you more perspective on your spiritual journey.

Salaam wa laikum

Wa Rahmatullahi

wa Barakatu 

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, guest 2025 said:

are you emphasizing being in a state of wudhu

:salam:

I see many recmmendations about being in a state of Wudu like highly recommendation of being in a state of Wudu which due that your sleep will be counted as praying (Salah/Namazi) altgough you just have slept after Salat al layl till morning also there are many recommendation for being in a state of Wudu as much as possible for you for receing blessing in all of your daily activitis specially for earning Rizq.