Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Ramadan Starvation in Yemen

Rate this topic

• Moderators

The month of Shahr Ramadan is fast approachings and as most of you know the situation in Yemen is very dire. There are 6 million at risk of starvation and many will not have the means to break their fast. Living in the West, myself as well as many other brothers and sisters would like to send support to our brothers and sisters there but the problem is that it seems everyone and their brother is collecting money for Yemen, but how much of that aid is really reaching the people who need it.

Can some brothers and sisters with first hand knowledge of the situation (those who live in Yemen or who have actually spent time 'on the ground' amoung the people who need it) recommend a charity or organization to donate to. Once a consensus is reached on the best organization to give to, then we can make a recommendation. This aid is not only needed during Ramadan, but the entire year, but maybe we can use the Holy Month to give us a boost and an incentive to continue our support

Salam. 

Edited by Abu Hadi
  • Moderators

Wa alaikum as salam brother

Thanks for this important reminder. I don't know anyone on the ground. I have seen that the Noor Orphans Trust and the Zahra Trust are both collecting money for Yemen. I have actively observed the former doing work 'on the ground' in Iraq and also find the latter trustworthy.

• Moderators
On 2/28/2021 at 10:02 AM, Mahdavist said:

Wa alaikum as salam brother

Thanks for this important reminder. I don't know anyone on the ground. I have seen that the Noor Orphans Trust and the Zahra Trust are both collecting money for Yemen. I have actively observed the former doing work 'on the ground' in Iraq and also find the latter trustworthy.

Thank you for that Br. can you post more info about Noor orphans trust or post a link to their site

• Advanced Member