Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Is my job halal?

Rate this topic

Guest GUEST

Salam,

I work in a local authority laboratory which carries out testing of a variety of different things e.g. Water samples, routine food and drink testing, work on behalf of Environmental health and the police, consumer products etc.

My work primarily concerns food and water testing. Most of my workload is routine testing for a major supermarket contract. This includes testing of haram meats and sometimes alcohol. Is this permitted? Until recently I never thought it was an issue yet the more I think about it the less sure I am. Is it just the alcohol testing that is not permissible or the meat too? 

And if it is not halal, how do I go about fixing this? I have money saved for hajj that I have earned from this job. I own things I have bought from this income.

All advice would be greatly appreciated.

Avoidance of the alcohol testing may be a reasonable adjustment my workplace could make if I were to request it.

Thanks 

• Advanced Member

Salam

Please send an email to your marji3.

15 hours ago, Guest GUEST said:

Avoidance of the alcohol testing may be a reasonable adjustment my workplace could make if I were to request it.

I would do this in the meantime