Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Profit of Islam.

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

  • Advanced Member

I showed this topic to my aunt. She asked me how do I know these reactions are not genuine? 

I told her that this is all performance art and it's all a performance. The proof is in this default reaction which has to be either about Emotional faces or straight up crying and stating to people that look I'm emotional. This is the reaction needed to be successful and pander/appeal to the MashAllah brigade. Think about it, everyone has a different reaction to things. A person could sit straight faced to any Quranic recitation or Islamic topic but it wouldn't have the same Masala(spice) to appeal to Muslims. 

They have to have this reaction to be successful in this, otherwise it wouldn't work. No matter what is being said, they have english subtitles in front of them. The quran could be talking about dietary laws and restrictions, their reaction wouldn't change:

tenor.gif

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
13 hours ago, El Cid said:

Karim is an established youtuber so naturally he raked in millions but this is the most shameless title in the world. "Christian Girlfriend" reacts to the Quran? Karim, you naughty boy. Are you really showing us your zina/immoral relation in a title featuring the holy Quran? A special slap for you, Mr.Karim

This, unfortunately, is the face of diasporic Islam in the West (and increasingly among the westernized youth in the post colonial East too). Being  Muslim is just another "identity" like being black/asian/gay in the Western IdPol spectrum. It has nothing to do with your beliefs any more. You can commit all sorts of sins, adopt an utterly un-Islamic lifestyle or even not believe in the Shahadatayn and still be regarded a "Muslim".

For the Western audience and ideologues everywhere- from Hollywood to academia to the political elite- this reveals the success of the "integration" and "acculturation" project, the ultimate taming of the desert savages- "see, they can be 'normal' (read fasiq, fajir and even murtadeen)  people just like us!" People like this youtuber Karim cash in on this phenomenon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
13 hours ago, El Cid said:

But what I'm showing you people here? This is all a business. It's nothing to do with Islam or appreciation of Islam or Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) or Prophet(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). They are just pandering to you for views.

The same exoticism and fetishization about which I spoke above. I have a name for this- "pop Orientalism".

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
20 minutes ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

This, unfortunately, is the face of diasporic Islam in the West (and increasingly among the westernized youth in the post colonial East too). Being  Muslim is just another "identity" like being black/asian/gay in the Western IdPol spectrum. It has nothing to do with your beliefs any more. You can commit all sorts of sins, adopt an utterly un-Islamic lifestyle or even not believe in the Shahadatayn and still be regarded a "Muslim".

For the Western audience and ideologues everywhere- from Hollywood to academia to the political elite- this reveals the success of the "integration" and "acculturation" project, the ultimate taming of the desert savages- "see, they can be 'normal' (read fasiq, fajir and even murtadeen)  people just like us!" People like this youtuber Karim cash in on this phenomenon.

I agree with what you're saying that now being Muslim is a part of an "identity" and even a "personality trait" for the new generation. When I see "Muslims" on those buzz-feed videos, vice videos, LGBT videos who have no idea about Islamic history/Quran literature/Holy Personalities(عليه السلام) yet speak as if they have been under the tutelage of GA. Sistani all their lives whilst playing some kind of victim mentality just for extra clout. It's pretty horrifying to see, honestly. But I don't agree with the whole taming thing you mentioned. When one can be fully integrated into any kind of society whether it's Western or Eastern whilst being a Muslim. Western society only tends to hate Muslims when they do stupid things like proposing Shariah law for the West, causing tensions by proposing changes which offend the beliefs of the original people living there, Commit horrible crimes or become welfare queens. Fair enough. If it was my country and people were coming over to change said country and to make it tailored more to their faith, I'd be really annoyed as well and would hate those people as well when seen from a layman POV. Though this section is another topic for another time. I wouldn't want to derail the current OP.

15 minutes ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

The same exoticism and fetishization about which I spoke above. I have a name for this- "pop Orientalism".

 

That's a good name but like I said the biggest problem is that Muslims themselves are the enablers for these foreign reaction channels because they love being pandered to and they love foreigners praising their religion or seeing it in a positive note.

I made this topic for my aunt who kept sending me these videos on whatsapp lol. She's changed her perspective a bit as well after reading my thoughts but I want to hear the thoughts/concerns of other people as well like the ones who liked my post above @Mahdavist @Haji 2003 and others. What is your take on all this? Do you agree ot disagree?

Wasalam.

Edited by El Cid
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
14 hours ago, El Cid said:

how they are considering converting after seeing the beauty of Islam and all those gooey-dooey things which will make the MashAllah brigade all fuzzy inside.

Setting one's house in order,taming the nafs, taking one's religion seriously, educating oneself in the tenets of the Sharia and correct aqeedah, and doing dawah is too much work.

Let me just go to this video on Youtube and type "Mashallah" in the comments instead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
15 hours ago, El Cid said:

I don't know why our Ummah has such an inferiority complex when it comes to foreign elements and their religions.

From what l have seen and heard, the Ummah knows how to recite, give stock answers (which is okay) and such, but when confronted with the subterfuges in unbeliever's rhetoric, the Ummah does not know how to answer or respond in a way to make the religion of Allah -(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). dominant. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, El Cid said:

I want to hear the thoughts/concerns of other people as well like the ones who liked my post above @Mahdavist @Haji 2003 and others. What is your take on all this? Do you agree ot disagree?

You have raised various good points brother. I can only repeat or emphasize what you have already described very well in detail, especially:

-some Muslims seem to suffer from a need of external validation. If non muslims praise something related to islam, it becomes popular among muslims. If they criticize something, we try our best to rewrite the narrative until it satisfies them (it won't)

-the social media/viral culture in general is heavily staged to cater to the strange and ignorant fetishes of the masses. Strange pranks receive millions of views (often staged), random reaction videos etc etc. Quality videos with real knowledge are shunned in favour of the digital equivalent of junk food.

-we as Muslims are ourselves the enablers of these things so we can't point the finger to others as we love to usually do. If we focus on learning our religion rather than appeasing others or satisfying ourselves with random forwards (x converts to islam, y heard the adhan on the moon, z reacts to a soothing recitation) we will hopefully climb out of the deep pit of ignorance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
3 hours ago, El Cid said:

But I don't agree with the whole taming thing you mentioned. When one can be fully integrated into any kind of society whether it's Western or Eastern whilst being a Muslim. Western society only tends to hate Muslims when they do stupid things like proposing Shariah law for the West, causing tensions by proposing changes which offend the beliefs of the original people living there, Commit horrible crimes or become welfare queens. Fair enough. If it was my country and people were coming over to change said country and to make it tailored more to their faith, I'd be really annoyed as well and would hate those people as well when seen from a layman POV. Though this section is another topic for another time. I wouldn't want to derail the current OP.

I don't think that that a majority of practising Muslims in the West want the Sharia to be implemented there. It is a group of clowns like Anjem Chowdhry (mostly affiliated with the you-know-what school of thought) who clamour for it. All of our maraja are unanimous on this- we have to obey the laws of the land.

Besides, I think even you will admit that there is a long-standing project to colonize the Muslim mind. It's a game of soft power. That's what I meant by "taming".

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
2 hours ago, hasanhh said:

but when confronted with the subterfuges in unbeliever's rhetoric, the Ummah does not know how to answer or respond in a way to make the religion of Allah -(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). dominant. 

That's the unbelievers winning the culture war. Exactly what I am talking about.

What is worse is seeing the heirs of Sadr (rh), Mutahhari (rh) and Tabatabai (rh) fumbling for responses when faced with the cultural challenge- either adopting the posturing of the postmodern Left couched in vulgar IdPol, or tailing after neoconservative quacks in search of 'responses'.

Edited by AbdusSibtayn
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

Great post and great points :clap:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
5 hours ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

Besides, I think even you will admit that there is a long-standing project to colonize the Muslim mind. It's a game of soft power. That's what I meant by "taming"

Salam I think they follow  this plan for both of non muslims & westerner muslims which based on my views from reaction vides they are implanting wahabi ideas by high quality videos also they support reaction guys with expensive gifts to spread their videos as trojan horses anyway Indian reaction videos are mostly are positive reactions to shia videos specially Pakistani  (Urdu) nashheds because they love music & singing which is forbidden in wahabi doctrine but wahabi clips are are stealing high quality video parts  from Iranian videos although they have claimed these movies are forbidden  like music & singing but because Iranian movie makers can not sue them for using their movies in their clips so they have stole these movies & used in their short videos.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Administrators
6 hours ago, Mahdavist said:

-some Muslims seem to suffer from a need of external validation. If non muslims praise something related to islam, it becomes popular among muslims.

Regarding external validators there is a preferred demographic pecking order and the videos reflect that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam I think they follow  this plan for both of non muslims & westerner muslims which based on my views from reaction vides they are implanting wahabi ideas by high quality videos also they support reaction guys with expensive gifts to spread their videos as trojan horses anyway Indian reaction videos are mostly are positive reactions to shia videos specially Pakistani  (Urdu) nashheds because they love music & singing which is forbidden in wahabi doctrine but wahabi clips are are stealing high quality video parts  from Iranian videos although they have claimed these movies are forbidden  like music & singing but because Iranian movie makers can not sue them for using their movies in their clips so they have stole these movies & used in their short videos.

Indeed, brother. In most Western textbook narratives of Islam the Wahhabi version is the default narrative, which I think is not a coincidence (the Prophet (S) being born to mushrik parents, Islamic doctrines as taught by their madhab, history as taught by their madhab etc).

Wasalam.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
11 hours ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

I don't think that that a majority of practising Muslims in the West want the Sharia to be implemented there. It is a group of clowns like Anjem Chowdhry (mostly affiliated with the you-know-what school of thought) who clamour for it. All of our maraja are unanimous on this- we have to obey the laws of the land.

Besides, I think even you will admit that there is a long-standing project to colonize the Muslim mind. It's a game of soft power. That's what I meant by "taming".

Yes I agree with that. No one is more obsessed with Shariah law in the west than the far right and Wahabhis. And it's the Wahabhis who are doing the shariah law for West rallies etc on the streets. They are a tiny minority but unfortunately they are the most vocal minority. People also don't know the difference between a Takfiri and a Muslim so they just put everyone in the same boat and hate Muslims together because of Takfiris.

As for reaction videos themselves. One thing I want to add is that I don't view all reaction videos in a bad light. Some can be very informative and entertaining at the same time for example This is a youtuber who is a real life lawyer. He reacts to movies/tv shows centered around law and order, analyzes each scene and tells the audience whether it has real world accuracy or not and also gives us an analysis of what can happen in real life if the same events took place. This is a reaction video but it's different as the person is giving us knowledge on a topic by using pop culture as a way to impart said knowledge:

This is Jahailiyyah. Just skim through this video honestly. This guy has the most over the top and animated expressions. It's obvious it's just a performance and it's down right offensive on so many levels to any educated Muslim. He looks like either he is about to have a heart attack or he's about to book a flight to Makkah right now to take the Shahada in front of the Kaba'h: (Plot twist: He's not)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

The best thing we can do ourselves is to educate the people around us and spread awareness on this topic like I did for my aunt. I believe that our hadith tell us that the worst people in this world are those who use religion as a means of profit. Don't let these fools exploit your religious sentiments for a quick buck. They are emotionally manipulating you. That's why they explicitly tell you in the video title and thumbnail "Look I'm emotional because of the Quran and your Islamic topics. Please shower me with attention and youtube money. Also subscribe to my patreon, follow me on instagram, snapchat, facebook!" They also make sure to tell you they are American, British, Dutch because they know you need that foreigner validation to feel good about your religion and yourselves because your religion is obviously deficient in providing you with positive emotions:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, reaction videos, wether they are Islam reacts videos or not, are all just for clout and gaining followers. Even influencers who convert I have my suspicions if their conversion is truly genuine. You’ve basically said my thoughts on the topic @El Cid. Everything on social media is for attention. Same thing with people playing games, for views. Or technology reviews, music reactions, etc. the only exception is the booktube community, where people are lonely and use books to create online book clubs and make friends. Lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...