Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Biden bombs Syria.

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
  • Veteran Member
7 hours ago, hasanhh said:

The lRI constructed  lmam Ali airstrip is outside the city. So why bomb the city at the "border control points" ?  Probably to facilitate lSlS crossings, lMH0

Yes most likely - because remember that Trump stopped the funding / arming of ISIS ...  so this is returning to the policy of creating/arming/supporting takfiris. 

• Veteran Member
3 hours ago, skylight2 said:

Yes most likely - because remember that Trump stopped the funding / arming of ISIS ...  so this is returning to the policy of creating/arming/supporting takfiris. 

The US claims "lranian backed militias." The problem is not all militias that claim affiliation with lRl have lranian backing, supply or training. The US will target all of these and back takfiris and their massacres in attempts to roll-back "iranian influence" in lrak.

• Veteran Member
22 hours ago, iCenozoic said:

But why are they present in countries that do not want them? Ahh, never mind.

May Allah rid the world of the plague that is America.

• Advanced Member

According to the expert, Biden’s and Harris’ arrival to the White House means a course towards renewed confrontation with Russia.

“Therefore, this airstrike will not be a single action, but must be the beginning of the systematic US effort that aims to push Russia out of Syria and beyond. They are still afraid to strike the Russian military directly, but the damage inflicted on both the Syrian Arab Army and the armed groups associated with Iran inevitably leads to the strengthening of Damascus government’s opponents, and therefore to the weakening of Moscow’s positions,” concluded Lev Korovin.

Source

• Moderators

How difficult is it to relocate to New Zealand ? Abu Hadi starts to ponder once again. :shifty:

I am just so, so, so sick of my money (taxes) going to fund these criminal acts. 

Yesterday, I even started to look up housing prices and information about schools for my kids. 

Edited by Abu Hadi
  • Advanced Member
11 minutes ago, Abu Hadi said:

How difficult is it to relocate to New Zealand ? Abu Hadi starts to ponder once again. :shifty:

I am just so, so, so sick of my money (taxes) going to fund these criminal acts. 

Yesterday, I even started to look up housing prices and information about schools for my kids. 

Feel free to update us brother. Inshallah everything goes well.

• Moderators

I will update you, but I've had this idea for the past 10 years or so. I'm still in the US. The main problem for me is that I don't know anyone in New Zealand, and all my family (my sister, brothers, Mom, wife's sisters, etc) are here is Dearborn. If I can figure out how to get over that, then the other part of moving I don't think would be so difficult. 

Edited by Abu Hadi
  • Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, Abu Hadi said:

I will update you, but I've had this idea for the past 10 years or so. I'm still in the US. The main problem for me is that I don't know anyone in New Zealand, and all my family (my sister, brothers, Mom, wife's sisters, etc) are here is Dearborn. If I can figure out how to get over that, then the other part of moving I don't think would be so difficult. 

Where are you planning to go? Like in which city?

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, The Green Knight said:

But why are they present in countries that do not want them? Ahh, never mind.

May Allah rid the world of the plague that is America.

American Allies in Iraq, do want the US there. As do regional allies. 

I think America, and really many countries, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Russia, adjacent nation's, other nations of europe, will all continue to be wrapped up in the middle east for generations to come.

And remember, America largely removed it's presence during the Obama administration, only to have the country basically overtaken by ISIS, prompting a return.

Now we see American troops drawn down, but still ongoing rocket attacks from militia, but people sound surprised when the US uses drones to strike back.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iraq-withdrawal-idUSTRE7BH03320111218

But America removed it's troops once, and there is still strong support for removing troops again. So we will see what happens this administration. Thougj random rocket attacks never helped during the last administration and likely won't help this one either.

Edited by iCenozoic
  • Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

I was looking at Auckland or ChristChurch. Since I am in IT, as a profession, those are the areas I would most likely find work .

All the best brother. I was thinking about Queensland, I like that place. 

• Veteran Member
3 hours ago, iCenozoic said:

I think America, and really many countries, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Russia, adjacent nation's, other nations of europe, will all continue to be wrapped up in the middle east for generations to come.

And remember, America largely removed it's presence during the Obama administration, only to have the country basically overtaken by ISIS, prompting a return.

Now we see American troops drawn down, but still ongoing rocket attacks from militia, but people sound surprised when the US uses drones to strike back.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iraq-withdrawal-idUSTRE7BH03320111218

But America removed it's troops once, and there is still strong support for removing troops again. So we will see what happens this administration. Thougj random rocket attacks never helped during the last administration and likely won't help this one either.

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/06/793895401/iraqi-parliament-votes-to-expel-u-s-troops-trump-threatens-sanctions

• Veteran Member
4 hours ago, iCenozoic said:

Imagine if a foreign alien force occupies a part of Europe or North America with that same excuse. "We Chinese are here because the residents of China town want us here". Then proceeds to murder random blocks of public now and then, after murdering a lot to occupy first.

Hopefully you don't consider your own words to be a legal excuse. As for ISIS, we all know who its benefactors are.

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

How difficult is it to relocate to New Zealand ? Abu Hadi starts to ponder once again.

White imperialism is everywhere...Canada, US, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Israel, South Africa...it's like switching seats onboard the Titanic while it's sinking to the bottom of the ocean...there's no escaping it 

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

Wouldn't Canada be much closer?

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Abu Hadi said:

Yes. Im hoping for a warmer climate if im going to move

Did you check the NZ website?  Now, l can't move there unless l have ~$1.2 million USD or more. But as an lT professional you have more options.

• Veteran Member

US Bombs Militia Targets in Eastern Syria, 22 Reported Killed

The UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said the dead were members of Iraq's PMF Dave DeCamp Posted onFebruary 25, 2021CategoriesNewsTagsIraq, Syria

The US bombed targets in eastern Syria near the Iraqi border on Thursday. According to the UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, at least 22 members of the Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF) were killed in the strikes, although the number is unconfirmed. An Iraqi militia source told Reuters that at least one person was killed in the bombing. The PMF is a group of mostly Shia Iraqi state-sponsored militias that formed in 2014 to fight ISIS.

The US framed the bombing as “defensive,” blaming the groups they targeted for recent rocket attacks on US bases in Iraq, but no evidence has been presented to substantiate the claim. Earlier this month, rockets hit a US base in Erbil, the capital of Iraqi Kurdistan, killing one contractor.

“We’re confident that the target was being used by the same Shia militia that conducted the strikes,” Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin said of Thursday’s bombing. The Pentagon described the targets as “infrastructure utilized by Iranian-backed militant groups in eastern Syria.”

“Specifically, the strikes destroyed multiple facilities located at a border control point used by a number of Iranian-backed militant groups, including Kataib Hezbollah and Kataib Sayyid al-Shuhada,” Pentagon spokesman John Kirby said.

Kataib Hezbollah and Kataib Sayyid al-Shuhada are both militias under the umbrella of the PMF. Kataib Hezbollah denied any role in the Erbil attack or other recent incidents at US facilities.

“We absolutely did not target Erbil or the Green Zone and have no knowledge of the group that did,” Kataib Hezbollah spokesman Mohammed Mohi told Reuters, referring to the Green Zone in Baghdad where the US embassy is located. Rockets were fired towards the embassy on Monday, but no casualties were reported.

Mohi said he wants the US to withdraw the remaining 2,500 troops it has in Iraq and believes detente between the US and Iran can lead to that, a sign that Kataib Hezbollah has no interest in escalating tensions. Iran has also denied any role in the Erbil attack. With the Iranians seeking sanctions relief from the new administration, they have no reason to orchestrate attacks on the US in Iraq.

Considering the US has been bombing Iraq for 30 years now, there are many groups inside Iraq that have their own reasons to fire on the US. There are also groups like ISIS that would benefit from a war between the US and Iraq’s Shia militias.

At the end of 2019, the US blamed Kataib Hezbollah for an attack on a base in Kirkuk, Iraq, that killed a US contractor. The Kirkuk attack kicked off the series of events that led to the US assassination of Iranian Gen. Qasem Soleimani in Baghdad, who was killed alongside Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, the leader of the PMF.

Without presenting evidence, the Trump administration blamed Kataib Hezbollah for the Kirkuk attack and bombed members of the militia in Iraq and Syria. The airstrikes killed 25 Kataib Hezbollah fighters, enraging many in Iraq, and demonstrators stormed the US embassy in Baghdad. President Trump then ordered the drone strike that killed Soleimani and Muhandis. It was later revealed that Iraqi intelligence believed the Kirkuk attack was more likely carried out by ISIS, a group that celebrated Soleimani’s killing.

Author: Dave DeCamp

Dave DeCamp is the assistant news editor of Antiwar.com, follow him on Twitter @decampdave.

• Advanced Member

“Diplomacy is back!” President Joe Biden declared at the Munich Security Conference last week. But so is bombing Syria, apparently. Biden has only been president a bit more than a month, but he has already ordered his first bombing campaign. (It took Trump four months to do the same.) ...

...the US and Iran glide closer to a military confrontation.

Biden knows these arguments quite well. He made them against Donald Trump only a few months ago. His top officials have spent the past years extensively criticizing Trump’s maximum pressure strategy. They were all correct.

Biden...(is–ed.) falling back into old patterns where...diplomacy is merely a slogan sprinkled on policies centered on coercion, not a genuine give and take.

...circumstances do not explain the many seemingly unnecessary and counterproductive measures the Biden administration has taken on the JCPOA since taking office.

First, the administration rather unnecessarily decided to create a public feud over whether Iran or the US would have to take the first step towards reviving the JCPOA.

Biden officials repeatedly made public demands that Iran had to take the first step before any of Trump’s JCPOA-violating sanctions could be lifted – even though it was the US that (unilaterally–ed.) left the agreement.

Wendy Sherman, President Barack Obama’s former lead negotiator and Biden’s pick for deputy secretary of state, said as much in September 2019. Sherman said she “would be shocked if Iran agreed to a meeting without some sanctions relief and that there “are plenty of ways to do this so that everyone’s interests can be met and so that everyone’s face can be saved”.

...even before diplomacy has begun, the Biden administration has seemingly initiated a highly unproductive blame game that has further damaged the atmospherics for diplomacy. The administration’s messaging has been to emphasize that Iran is the party out of compliance with the JCPOA – which is technically (and blatantly–ed.) false – and that the future of the deal hinges on Iran coming back into compliance. Even though it is the US that left the deal while Iran is still in it.

Biden’s attitude has been that the US simply is not responsible for the actions of the Trump administration. America has a new president now and as a result, it starts off with a clean slate unburdened by the many transgressions of Donald Trump. Consequently, it is Iran that is in the wrong, not America. All the US needed to do to regain the moral high ground was to elect a new president – even though the new president is continuing the policies of the old president.

If the US returned to the deal and Iran didn’t, rebuking it would be fully justified. But doing so now when the US still remains outside of the deal is simply Kafkaesque. It’s not even a clever way of playing the blame game.

Even if the US succeeds in shifting the blame to Iran, the question is what the value of that is at this point (unless it is to prepare the groundwork for a war on Iran – ed.).

Source

• Advanced Member
On 2/26/2021 at 9:57 AM, Laayla said:

The war machine continues its destruction,

Biden bombs Syria.

2 minutes silence for those who were praying for Joe Biden in Karbala. 

But on a serious note, may Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) have mercy on Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, Iran, Palestine, Yemen, Bahrain etc.

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) be the protector of all of you. 

The empire of Yazeed has got a new commander-in-chief.