Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Salat in Rajab

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salams all,

(10)    Four-Rak`ah prayer on Friday (in Rajab) between the obligatory Zuhr and `ASr Prayers.Image

In each Rakat :-
Surah of al-Fatihah is recited once
then Ayat al-Kursiy is repeated seven times
then Surah of al-Tawhid is repeated five times

and then the following invocation is repeated ten times :

أَسْتَغْفِرُ اللّه وَأَسْأَلُهُ التَّوْبَةَ.

I seek the forgiveness of Allah and I pray Him for accepting of my repentance.  Astaghfiru allaha alladhy la ilaha illa huwa wa asaluhu alttawba"

Sayyid Ibn Tawus has also reported from the Holy Prophet ((عليه السلام)) that if one offersAlmighty Allah will decide for him, from the day on which this prayer is offered up to the day of his death, one Thousand rewards a day, and will give him a c. ity built with ruby in Paradise for each verse (of the Holy Quran) that he recites, and will give him a palace built with white pearls in Paradise for each letter that he recites from the Holy Qur'an, and will give him in marriage the Women of Paradise, and will be satisfied with him completely, and will include him with the (true) worshippers, and will seal his life with happiness and forgiveness... etc

So i found this salat and I was a little confused as to how do this. Are each two rakats separated by a tasleem or do i recite the whole salat with a tasleem only after the four rakats. kinda need a reply now, so anyone who knows, please do.

@Zainuu@Mohammad313Ali@starlight@layman@Eddie Mecca@Gaius I. Caesar

Edited by ShiaofAli12
  • Moderators
50 minutes ago, ShiaofAli12 said:

kinda need a reply now, so anyone who knows, please do.

Non obligatory prayers are usually offered in rakats of two, so this would be the same. 

• Advanced Member

If you look at the hadith 'prayer' is singular. Hence, as far as I am concerned, this is one prayer with 4 rak'ah and tasleem at the end. If you say tasleem in the second rak'ah and the fourth rak'ah then you will have performed two prayers which does not seem to be what you are supposed to do. You would say the tasleem for every two rak'ah for something like the nafilah prayers.

Sayyid Ibn Tawus has also reported from the Holy Prophet ((عليه السلام)) that if one offers a four-Rak`ah prayer on Friday in Rajab between the obligatory Zuhr and `Asr Prayers...

Sayyid Ibn Tawus has also reported from the Holy Prophet ((عليه السلام)) that if one offers Almighty Allah will decide for him, from the day on which this prayer...

The word 'this' is used in relation to a singular noun (one prayer).