Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Start a podcast?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam,

I've thought a lot of starting a podcast. There are few Islamic podcasts out there and most tend to be structured like a panel discussion which is good for touching a topic from multiple perspectives, but harder to get into really deep. My idea is a bit more raw: take a topic, grab a mic and start diving into it layer after layer and go as deep as I can. I've listened to some historical podcasts that can talk up to 8 hours on a single episode about some historical event!! That really inspired me. For example in one episode to explain a death sentence in France during the 18th century the historian went several hundred years back in his narrative. Now my idea is not to speak for several hours, but rather to take a topic, if needed split it into several episodes, and dive deep. 

There are some challenges. But the project could be experimental, give it a go a few episodes and see how it feels. What is your input on this? What kind of topics and subjects would you like to listen to, that you feel is lacking?

• Forum Administrators
3 hours ago, Ehsan said:

I've thought a lot of starting a podcast. There are few Islamic podcasts out there and most tend to be structured like a panel discussion which is good for touching a topic from multiple perspectives, but harder to get into really deep. 

Salam, Brother Ehsan. A podcast is a wonderful idea. I'm sure some members or guests will have much better input for you. From my own experience of listening to podcasts, I have found, as a general rule, that audio recordings are best with only one person or two people, if they are polite and let each other talk.

When both people talk at the same time we cannot understand who said what. Panel discussions can be incomprehensible if three people are talking at the same time.

There is also a danger of two people beginning to talk faster and faster and louder and louder, as if they think that they will lose the chance of making their point. 

If you do a podcast alone it would be more controlled by you, making your own content and making your own edits before broadcasting. Or you could write text for another person to read, like an interview, and you could explain and answer the questions. 

I would enjoy any topic or subject, if you speak in English. I would listen to Farsi or Arabic, but I'm sure I would not be able to understand it properly. 

• Advanced Member

Just start it. Don't think to much. I kept thinking about starting a website. Then one day I just stopped thinking about the plan. And started working on the site. 

Just do a single podcast. And go from there. 

• Advanced Member
10 minutes ago, Ali bin Hussein said:

Just start it. Don't think to much. I kept thinking about starting a website. Then one day I just stopped thinking about the plan. And started working on the site. 

Just do a single podcast. And go from there. 

I disagree. It is very time consuming so needs to be given careful thought.

• Advanced Member

Salam , 

Start a podcast ...why not ?

It would be amazing if you bring topics related to the Ahlulbayt (عليه السلام) . You can do biographies on the Ahlulbayt (عليه السلام) through your podcast . That would be amazing

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Ehsan said:

Salam,

So last night I recorded the first episode in one go and published it. It is still only an experiment for me so I'd greatly appreciate your feedback and what you think before I spread it to a larger audience. :)

wow mashallah thats soo good!! is that voice you? really well done brother!!! i am soo proud