Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Miscellaneous jurisprudential questions

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, razkjgty5 said:

All I want to know who the most learned marja is right now who is alive ? 

I am not someone qualified to determine which marja' is the most learned. I previously told you in another thread to go ask a Sheikh regarding this matter.

• Advanced Member
On 3/17/2021 at 10:08 AM, razkjgty5 said:

Is vanillin halal, if does contain alcohol, and it might contain a minimum of 35% alcohol, and also there are loads of vanilla and chocolate products that contain 35% alcohol, so are they intoxicating even if you eat a lot of it, because there are loads of items that contain 35% alcohol ? 

Salam Vanillin is Halal which is two kind one from beans & second kind is synthetic  which contains alcohol  in molecular which is not a byproduct from Alcohol so it's level of alcohol is not intoxicant  but generally everything that is intoxicant & makes you drunken  in any quantity is Haram  whether a drop of vine or a cup of it is Haram but vanilla & chocolate naturally are  not intoxicants .

• Advanced Member

Considering that vanilla extract contains 35% alcohol, is it haram (forbidden) to use its extract?
Concise answer

Office of Grand Ayatollah Khamenei (may Allah grant him long life):

If the alcohol is not intoxicating and it is not in a liquid form either, it is halal.

Office of Grand Ayatollah Makarem Shirazi (may Allah grant him long life):

Considering the high quantity of alcohol in it, it is necessary to avoid it.

Office of Grand Ayatollah Sistani (may Allah grant him long life):

Given the supposition made in the question, it is not permissible.

The answer given to the above question by Ayatollah Hadavi Tehrani (may Allah grant him long life) is as under:

Although alcohol is ritually pure, it is forbidden to drink it. In case, however, there is alcohol in a foodstuff but the alcohol has evaporated and disappeared, there would be no problem in eating the food

https://www.islamquest.net/en/archive/fa14345

• Advanced Member

1. Yeast is produced as by processing the products of the fermentation process. It has small concentration of Alcohol like less than 0.5%.  This small amount is difficult to detect in some cases and removed. It does not cause intoxication that occurs by drinking high amounts of Alcohol. The source of yeast from which it is produced needs to be halal like sugar cane extract etc.

2.  Also this yeast is used in bakery where materials in which this yeast is added are exposed to high temperatures during production of bakery items like bread and cake. Thus the concentration of small amount of alcohol is lost in that process and the product is considered halal  as per sharia principle.

3.  The process makes no room for presence of any content (alcohol or so) due to conversion of wet ingredients to dry due to  high temperatures used during the production of bakery items.

Istihalah : Istihalah is the fourth mutahhirat. Istihalah means change or more precisely, a chemical change. It is the most universal mutahhirat in the category of `physical change'.In istihalah, the shape and form, all are changed;

https://www.al-islam.org/ritual-and-spiritual-purity-sayyid-muhammad-rizvi/i-najasat-taharat

• Advanced Member

I Really Need To Know The Answer To This Question ASAP.

Is bitcoin mining halal ?, and is trading it halal ?, if trading it is not halal, can I sell a bitcoin mining motherboard, which you put graphics cards in it and it helps you mine bitcoins ?

And if mining bitcoins is not halal or trading it is not halal, can I still sell the motherboard, if I don't know if the person who is buying the motherboard, going to trade bitcoins or just mine them or do nothing with the motherboard ?

And also is bitcoin as a whole halal ?, and if it's not can I still sell the bitcoin mining motherboard, if I don't know if the person buying the motherboard is going to use it for bitcoin ?

• 2 weeks later...