Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Strengthening faith

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Asalamalaikum everyone! 

This topic may be long so i’m sorry if it bothers you.

For a very long time i used to pray really fast and like very late,i don’t think it bothered me but now for sometime I suddenly started praying as early as i could and slowly that i hear like every single word.i felt really good about it also i felt close to Allah and i am waswas at the moment too i doubt everything like repeating words while praying etc. Recently i doubt religion.you can say that in my head it says that Allah is unfair etc and i get bad thoughts about the imams(عليه السلام) and prophets(عليه السلام) etc.i usually say Astaghfurullah or la hawli wala qhowati ila billahil aliyul athem etc.But it doesn’t feel like its coming deep from my heart(saying astaghfurullah etc)i don’t remember what clearly but when i was reading something on this website suddenly in my head i hear things or perhaps its me saying those words(hopefully not).things like Allah is unfair etc or the imams(عليه السلام)or prophets(عليه السلام)are this or that etc.I personally can’t tell if this is shaytans whispers or just me(inshAllah not) or something else. Maybe this is because i don’t have enough information about my religion or the whole concept of hell scares me or maybe the fact that we’re created to worship only etc.I don’t want these thoughts.You can say that it scares me like what if i leave my religion or lose my faith? I’m still young.I would much rather die and return back to Allah before anything like that happens to me. my religion is my identity like without my religion i am nothing you could say. I don’t think i would want to go to hell.if you have any advice that can help please post it because i really need help from all of you.i hope i didn’t write anything wrong here because(you can say that i don’t trust my own words)i’m scarred of lying even these words im saying i still doubt like what if im saying something different. My writing may be confusing but i tried to express my issues.Thank you for reading my issues and i hope i can get good advice from everyone.

• Advanced Member

I mean if the voice really bothers you maybe you somewhat believe it to be correct. Maybe you could try journaling these doubts and questions down and then seek answer to them and debunk them that way you are certain it is false and wont listen to these thoughts. Whatever you do dont drop your prayer or any thing that is wajib and keep going. You will be doing a form for inner jihad (against your bad side) and inshallah you will succeed. 

• Basic Members
2 hours ago, Solareclipse said:

Recently i doubt religion.you can say that in my head it says that Allah is unfair etc and i get bad thoughts about the imams(عليه السلام) and prophets(عليه السلام) etc.

Also you can say that i get the feeling that their are like other God please help.

• Advanced Member
11 minutes ago, Solareclipse said:

Also you can say that i get the feeling that their are like other God please help.

I once thought that there was other gods. Back when I had an other religion I spoke to God in that religion. Then I read the Quran and Allah spoke to me through the Quran. Then God from the old religion spoke to me and I got confused. I then thought there are two gods. Allah and God. Then I became a Mushrik. Then when visiting a Muslim country God spoke to me through the Azan. I was confused again. I thought that God must be stronger than Allah. Then I studied religion and discovered that the message of different religions is not so different from one an other. I then visited a Mosque and Allah spoke to me like when I read the Quran. So I realized that Allah is God and God is Allah. There is only one. Then he spoke to me again and confirmed that he is one. So I gave up being Mushrik. But of cause this is just my subjective experience. You can reject it if you like.

• Advanced Member
12 hours ago, Solareclipse said:

You can say that it scares me like what if i leave my religion or lose my faith? I’m still young.I would much rather die and return back to Allah before anything like that happens to me. my religion is my identity like without my religion i am nothing you could say. I don’t think i would want to go to hell.if you have any advice that can help please post it because i really need help from all of you.i hope i didn’t write anything wrong here because(you can say that i don’t trust my own words)i’m scarred of lying even these words im saying i still doubt like what if im saying something different. My writing may be confusing but i tried to express my issues.Thank you for reading my issues and i hope i can get good advice from everyone.

:salam:

You have not wrote anything wrong which this type of doubts are comming & backing  like tidewater in mind of anyone so you need to get rid of foam of doubt wich remembering    of death is recommended  for strenghthening your faith as one of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) quotes  is that " When you afraid from something  throw yourself  in it" so think about death  but don't  dive in   it deeply anyway in current  days the book of " 3 minutes  of Judgment  Day" & "peac  on Ibrahim " are very popular in religious  forums in Iran which I have read both of them which I recommend  you to read it which I shared a link to these books in below threads