Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

Following the prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) through his Ahl albayt (عليه السلام):

The thread about “Following the prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) through Quran and his Ahl albayt (عليه السلام)” has been posted already, its link is given below:

https://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235055112-following-the-prophet-through-quran-ahl-albayt/

The following verses of Sura Yaseen are considered for further discussion.

36_٢٠         وَجَآءَ مِنْ أَقْصَا ٱلْمَدِينَةِ رَجُلٌۭ يَسْعَىٰ قَالَ يَٰقَوْمِ ٱتَّبِعُوا۟ ٱلْمُرْسَلِينَ

And from the remote part of the city there came a man running, he said: O my people! follow the messengers;

٣٦_٢١         ٱتَّبِعُوا۟ مَن لَّا يَسْـَٔلُكُمْ أَجْرًۭا وَهُم مُّهْتَدُونَ

Follow him who does not ask you for reward, and they are the followers of the right course;

Do we also find these verses as an evidence of Following the Ahl alabayt (عليه السلام)?

@Cool   @Zainuu   @Ansar Shiat Ali   @Sirius_Bright   @Ashvazdanghe 

wasalam

Edited by Muslim2010
  • Advanced Member
14 minutes ago, Muslim2010 said:

ٱتَّبِعُوا۟ مَن لَّا يَسْـَٔلُكُمْ أَجْرًۭا وَهُم مُّهْتَدُونَ

Follow him who does not ask you for reward, and they are the followers of the right course;

And while Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) did ask for "ajr e risalat", I would like to point out that it was because of the divine command as the word قل describes:

قُل لَّا أَسْأَلُكُمْ عَلَيْهِ أَجْرًا إِلَّا الْمَوَدَّةَ فِي الْقُرْبَى

42:23

20 minutes ago, Muslim2010 said:

Do we also find these verses as an evidence of Following the Ahl alabayt (عليه السلام)?

Absolutely yes. These verses connects us directly to القربى i.e., The Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام)

22 minutes ago, Muslim2010 said:

وَهُم مُّهْتَدُونَ

There are people other than "Mursaleen" who are mentioned as "Mohtadoon" in Quran:

أُولَـئِكَ عَلَيْهِمْ صَلَوَاتٌ مِّن رَّبِّهِمْ وَرَحْمَةٌ وَأُولَـئِكَ هُمُ الْمُهْتَدُونَ

2:157

Upon them is "salawat" of Lord Almighty and His Mercy. 

Allahumma salli ala Muhammad, wa Aal e Muhammad.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Muslim2010 said:

Following the prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) through his Ahl albayt (عليه السلام):

The thread about “Following the prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) through Quran and his Ahl albayt (عليه السلام)” has been posted already, its link is given below:

https://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235055112-following-the-prophet-through-quran-ahl-albayt/

The following verses of Sura Yaseen are considered for further discussion.

36_٢٠         وَجَآءَ مِنْ أَقْصَا ٱلْمَدِينَةِ رَجُلٌۭ يَسْعَىٰ قَالَ يَٰقَوْمِ ٱتَّبِعُوا۟ ٱلْمُرْسَلِينَ

And from the remote part of the city there came a man running, he said: O my people! follow the messengers;

٣٦_٢١         ٱتَّبِعُوا۟ مَن لَّا يَسْـَٔلُكُمْ أَجْرًۭا وَهُم مُّهْتَدُونَ

@Cool   @Zainuu   @Ansar Shiat Ali   @Sirius_Bright   @Ashvazdanghe 

wasalam

These verses refer to a Prophet sent to Antioch. He was 1 of 3 Prophets sent. He told them to follow the him and the Prophets sent before him.

• Veteran Member
15 hours ago, Cool said:

And while Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) did ask for "ajr e risalat", I would like to point out that it was because of the divine command as the word قل describes:

قُل لَّا أَسْأَلُكُمْ عَلَيْهِ أَجْرًا إِلَّا الْمَوَدَّةَ فِي الْقُرْبَى

42:23

Absolutely yes. These verses connects us directly to القربى i.e., The Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام)

I like to add the following verses and explanation:

The following instructions may be concluded from above verses mentioned in OP regarding :

- Follow the chosen representatives like messengers

- Follow those who do not ask reward

- Follow those who are followers of right course

The chosen representatives in the quran are mentioned as messengers, prophets, imams, leaders appointed by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).

A. Who are those who do not ask reward (Ajr):The following verses describe it:

٦_٩٠   أُو۟لَٰٓئِكَ ٱلَّذِينَ هَدَى ٱللَّهُ ۖ فَبِهُدَىٰهُمُ ٱقْتَدِهْ ۗ قُل لَّآ أَسْـَٔلُكُمْ عَلَيْهِ أَجْرًا ۖ إِنْ هُوَ إِلَّا ذِكْرَىٰ لِلْعَٰلَمِينَ

They are the ones whom Allah has guided. So follow their guidance. Say, ‘I do not ask you any recompense for it. It is just an admonition for all the nations.

٢٥_٥٧ قُلْ مَآ أَسْـَٔلُكُمْ عَلَيْهِ مِنْ أَجْرٍ إِلَّا مَن شَآءَ أَن يَتَّخِذَ إِلَىٰ رَبِّهِۦ سَبِيلًۭا

Say, ‘I do not ask you any reward for it, except that anyone who wishes should take the way to his Lord

.’٣٤_٤٧ قُلْ مَا سَأَلْتُكُم مِّنْ أَجْرٍۢ فَهُوَ لَكُمْ ۖ إِنْ أَجْرِىَ إِلَّا عَلَى ٱللَّهِ ۖ وَهُوَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَىْءٍۢ شَهِيدٌۭ

Say, ‘Whatever reward I may have asked you is for your own good. My [true] reward lies only with Allah, and He is witness to all things

From our ummah, the following verse comes in:

.’ذَٰلِكَ ٱلَّذِى يُبَشِّرُ ٱللَّهُ عِبَادَهُ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ ۗ قُل لَّآ أَسْـَٔلُكُمْ عَلَيْهِ أَجْرًا إِلَّا ٱلْمَوَدَّةَ فِى ٱلْقُرْبَىٰ ۗ وَمَن يَقْتَرِفْ حَسَنَةًۭ نَّزِدْ لَهُۥ فِيهَا حُسْنًا ۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ غَفُورٌۭ شَكُورٌ {٢٣}

That is of which Allah gives the good news to His servants, (to) those who believe and do good deeds. Say: I do not ask of you any reward for it but love for my near relatives; and whoever earns good, We give him more of good therein; surely Allah is Forgiving, Grateful.

ۗ قُل لَّآ أَسْـَٔلُكُمْ عَلَيْهِ أَجْرًا إِلَّا ٱلْمَوَدَّةَ فِى ٱلْقُرْبَىٰ

It has been widely reported by the Sunni & Shia commentators of the Holy Qur’an that:

When the above verse (42:23) was revealed, the companions asked: "O’ the Messenger of Allah! Who are those near kin whose love Allah has made obligatory for us?”Upon that the Prophet (S) said: "‘Ali, Fatimah, and their two sons.”

The above is mentioned for progeny of the prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). Thus your interpretation seems correct.

Edited by Muslim2010
  • Veteran Member
16 hours ago, Cool said:

There are people other than "Mursaleen" who are mentioned as "Mohtadoon" in Quran:

أُولَـئِكَ عَلَيْهِمْ صَلَوَاتٌ مِّن رَّبِّهِمْ وَرَحْمَةٌ وَأُولَـئِكَ هُمُ الْمُهْتَدُونَ

2:157

Upon them is "salawat" of Lord Almighty and His Mercy. 

Allahumma salli ala Muhammad, wa Aal e Muhammad.

I like to add the following explanation:

٢_١٥٧ أُو۟لَٰٓئِكَ عَلَيْهِمْ صَلَوَٰتٌۭ مِّن رَّبِّهِمْ وَرَحْمَةٌۭ ۖ وَأُو۟لَٰٓئِكَ هُمُ ٱلْمُهْتَدُونَ

Those are they on whom are blessings and mercy from their Lord, and those are the followers of the right course.

Blessing is sent to the prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) and his progeny (عليه السلام) as mentioned below:

اِنَّ اللَّهَ وَمَلآَئِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَي النَّبِيّ‌ِ يَآ أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا صَلُّوا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلّـِمُوا تَسْلِيماً

56. “Verily Allah and His angels send blessings on the Prophet, O you who believe! Send you also blessings on him, and you salute him with submission.

In the whole six narration books of the Sunnites there are some narrations indicating that once the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) was asked:

“How should we send blessings?”

He answered:

“Say: ‘O’ Allah! Bless Muhammad and his descendents’.”

It is important to recite Salawat beside the name of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). The Messenger of Allah said:

“Whoever sends blessing on me in his book and his writing(s), he will be rewarded as long as that Salawat exists in that writing.”

It is mentioned in Durr-ul-Manthur from Sahih Bukhari, and Muslim, Abu-Dawud, Tarmathi, Nisa’i, Ibn-i-Majah, Ibn-i-Marduwayh, and some other narrators who have narrated from ka‘b-ibn-‘Ujrah that a man told the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم):

“We know how to salute to you, but how should be sending blessings on you?”

The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)  said:

“Do say: ‘O’ Allah! Bless Muhammad and his descendents as You blessed Abraham; verily You are Praised, the Glorious. And send blessings on Muhammad and his descendents as You sent blessings on Abraham and the progeny of Abraham; verily You are Praised, the Glorious.”

Besides the above mentioned tradition, the writer of Durr-ul-Manthur have recorded eighteen more traditions in all of which this fact has been stipulated that /’al-i-Muhammad/ (the progeny of Muhammad) must be mentioned at the time of reciting Salawat.

These traditions have been taken from the famous books of the Sunnites narrated from a group of the Companions, including Ibn-i-‘Abbas, Talhah, Ibn-i-Mas‘ud, ’Abu Sa‘id-Khidri, ’Abu-Hurayrah, ’Abu Mas‘ud-i-’Ansari, Baridah, Ka‘b-ibn-‘Ujrah, and Amir-ul-Mu’mineen Ali (عليه السلام). The hadith mentioned in Shia books for sending the salwat on the prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) and his pure progeny may also be added in this concern.

Thus it is well proven that Blessings are sent to the prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) and his progeny and they are follower of the right course (ٱلْمُهْتَدُونَ) and they are to be followed.

Thus the verses and discussion (mentioned in OP & above posts) is considered as the proof of well defined hadith Thaqlyn of prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) for following the Quran and Ahl albayt (عليه السلام).

wasalam

Edited by Muslim2010