Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Creating Islamic Pages

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

You make a lot of sense, and I have noticed this, too. 

Islam isn’t black and white, as you’ve pointed-out. A lot of people just say their opinions and present them as absolute truth. This is the problem with the Muslim community, everyone thinks they’re an expert on Islam and love to spread misinformation. But at the same time, I also understand that the community is not always consistent with fiqh-issues. One sheikh will say that “x, y, z” is Haram whereas another will say it’s makrooh or even halal. If our own scholars can’t reach an agreed consensus, then is there really any hope for us regular folks? 

I once got into a debate, a few years ago, on the topic birth control. Two Muslim women, myself included, said that birth control, in all its forms except for permanent ones, are perfectly acceptable, Fiqh wise. The woman and man we were debating staunchly said that birth control is Haram because you “are preventing the child that God wants to give you”, without any consideration to finances, fertility rates, health risks, and countless other reasons. They also proposed that married people should just avoid intimacy entirely instead of using birth control. Clearly, this is an unislamic opinion that gets passed as “absolute truth”. 

My two cents.

Edited by Caroling
  • Advanced Member
On 26/01/2021 at 6:19 AM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

hope I made sense? 

Salaam brother

Yes.

And this is the reason we should only pass the judgement of a scholar rather than our own opinions. 

In Insta, I see people deriving there own version of Islam from there own mindset.

An Urdu scholar Maulana Athar Abbas once said, "Hum shariat e Islam ko nahi, apne dil ki shariat pe chalte haiñ". (We don't follow the Sharia of Islam but rather the sharia that comes from our heart)

It is not at all a good platform. It is a platform just made to fall in love with this world. Develop an addiction and an obsession for likes and follows and so on.

I have seen such flawed mindsets. Such unbelievable 'think tanks' on insta that it completely makes sense why society is going down-the-hill now. 

A lots of folks try to match up Islam with feminism which is not at all real and true.

• Advanced Member
On 1/26/2021 at 12:49 AM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Deleting my account (best decision of my life) made me realise Islam is not that black and white. There is no one right opinion. It actually makes me appreciate Islam more and the works our scholars are putting in. 

I hope I made sense? 

Very true statement. But maybe using your account in the right way could help people. ?