Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Visiting a psychiatrist for the first time ever!

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member
Just now, Ain-Al Hayat said:

It's too late now.. I have already been there ...

Waslam sister

If anyone doesn't mind I'll share my thoughts about this sensitive matter further on sisters only club

And any moderator if someone is reading can please close/ lock this thread ... because now I don't want to discuss on this topic further with everyone ...of course if it's possible:)

Thanks everyone for your contribution and I appreciated every advice of yours 

Wasalam

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum dear sister,

I'm unable to go to the sister's club forum.  I don't have the password. 

God bless you and protect you from all harm.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN ALLAH

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't take any medication if they offer it to you. I know young people whose lives have been destroyed because they took medication for stress. Look at what happened to the psychologist Jordan Peterso

Bismehe Ta3ala  Sister @Ain-Al Hayat I'm also of the opinion of not taking these psychotic medication.  I'm not a doctor, but I beleive in Islam, the path of Rasoul Allah and his holy progen

Millions of dollars to be made.   His platform, unfortunately was used to make people popular, who don't deserve the attention.

Posted Images

• Advanced Member
On 1/25/2021 at 4:17 PM, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala 

Sister @Ain-Al Hayat

I'm also of the opinion of not taking these psychotic medication.  I'm not a doctor, but I beleive in Islam, the path of Rasoul Allah and his holy progeny.  

When my child was just 7 years old, I had the doctor recommend me to have him on medication.  That was the last time I ever step foot there again.  Now, Mash'Allah my baby is much older now and is fine, healthy and active.

Those drugs only numb you.  Don't sink yourself deeper in a hole.  Please find alternative methods.  I trust your judgment, you have power to do whatever you set your mind to.  Drugs are not the answer.

As you have posted this, believe it from the depths of your heart.

وَلَا تَهِنُوا وَلَا تَحْزَنُوا وَأَنْتُمُ الْأَعْلَوْنَ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ مُؤْمِنِينَ
“Do not lose hope, nor be sad. You will surely be victorious if you are true believers.”

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN ALLAH 

@Ain-Al HayatI agree with what our sister said here.

You presume you are a small entity, but within you is enfolded the entire universe
Your sickness is from you but you do not see it, your solution is within you but you do not feel it.
Imam Ali as
وتحسب أنك جـِرمٌ صغير *** وفيك انطوى العالم الأكبر
داؤك منك ومـــــا تبصر *** دواؤك فيك ومــــا تشعر
الإمام علي بن أبي طالب.
Now people who understand this statement of Imam ali can write hundreds of books about it that is beyond the capacity of our understanding...

Most of the times our problems come from our perspective towards this world, how we perceive things how we assess things how we treat ourselves and the world... A believer, if he had to face the problems of the whole world it wouldnt matter to him, his conditions wouldnt change, and if he had to face all the good fortunes in the world he'd stay the same as well. This is how the prophet describes a believer when they ask him about his state of being.

Now i obviously dont know about the details of your condition, you should be able to assess if you really need a medication after the medical advice your psychiatrist will give you, and you can always change him after listening ot him if you didnt like him. You might as well start of by using a medication to sort your ideas out and then quite it when you are capable, once i did that and i stopped taking the medication after a while because i really believe in the previous equation i mentioned and i work hard to live by it. And it works, just like we put our trust in our parents and close ones in getting things done to us we can do that with God trusting him to make us feel better and become better.

But we always need to take the first step in bettering ourselves.
  • Forum Administrators

Right now the OP does not want to explain her feelings, and asked for the topic to be locked. She knows that we all really care about her well-being. She thanked everyone who replied.