Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

No one ever text me

Rate this topic

Guest Guest Mo
35 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Why is it that nobody ever asks about me? I can go months or even years without ever getting a text from anyone outside of my family.

Do you have many friends that you talk with daily? 

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Why is it that nobody ever asks about me? I can go months or even years without ever getting a text from anyone outside of my family.

If you want people to contact you, you need to first be interested in them, they are not going to come to you for no reason, they are busy with their own lives. You get socially involved with in the society you live in so people get to know you. Yes it does help to go to social events (not the best time now) but if you don’t like those things then do things that interests you that involve other people or find friends that have similar interests to you. Usually you make friends at school or later in university... that's how I found some really good friends. But if you are not texting them because you expect them to write first.. that's childish thinking... there is no harm by doing the first move lol.... someone has to start the conversation ...so why not you?

• Advanced Member

If your a brother you can make an account and PM me your number, I can inshaAllah text you if you want.

We live in times where a lot of people are ego driven in my opinion, its all about the individual. I think it has to do with the population of humans growing and people living more close to each other in less and less space, which makes them more introverted as a some kind of unhealthy mental mechanism.

• Veteran Member
4 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Imagine person A is like "why doesn't person B ever text me?".

Now Person B is like "why doesn't person A ever text me?".

If both of these people never take action, nothing will happen. 

This is true and also if person A is always initiating texts with person B but person B is never reaching out to A then maybe B is not very interested in keeping A as a close friend.

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, 313_Waiter said:

This is true and also if person A is always initiating texts with person B but person B is never reaching out to A then maybe B is not very interested in keeping A as a close friend.

Yes there defs needs to be that balance. Most one-sided relationships always die out. 

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Not a single one 

Salam/Hello brother / sister

Have Sabr inshaAllah. Maybe start playing some sports or joining clubs or participating in your hobbies. Although I also only have very few friends, people with many many friends say they are tired of all of the drama, and that they have no time for themselves; always see the glass half full brother / sister and practice gratitude for the sake of your own mental and spiritual health. Please also remember that this Dunya is a test to make you spiritually mature, to develop your character, it is not your permanent abode.

Develop your relationship with Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). It helps. Imam Husain (عليه السلام) lost all of his family members, including his 6-month baby Ali Asghar, but he had this sense of inner contentment due to his strong faith in Allah. So much so that the Qur’an calls him (عليه السلام) the soul at peace (nafs al mutmainna) in 89:27. Reflect on the tragedy of Karbala and the sufferings of the ahlulbayt.

That you may be lonely, but know that Allah is with you wherever you may be. Cry to Him, call out to Him, he loves to hear you call out to Him, He is The Compassionate.

May Allah bless you.

Edited by 313_Waiter
  • Moderators
6 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Did you attempt to communicate with them? If no, why not? 

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Brother/sister,

Make it a simple policy of your life. If you want to talk to someone, move ahead and talk. Do your best to make it happen. If this doesn't happen, he/she is ignorant and you should stay away from such people.

If you don't want to talk, just stay with yourself. 

So, to fulfill your need, it's you who has to step ahead.

• Advanced Member

Good, you have that time to work on yourself Mashallah.