Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

suicide

Rate this topic

Guest sara

In islam suicide is totally forbidden and haram, but when a person becomes tired and hopeless what option is left? 

My mother passed away in my childhood, got a step mom who made my life a hell, my father never gave love to me, I got married in search for happiness but he turned out to be the most selfish person in my life, Allah blessed me with a severe disabled child and thats why my husband left me too. 

Struggling day and night with the struggles of life, being lonely, being sick, and getting older dont see any way out now, prayers and duas all seem to be unanswered, is it better to end this misery or continue living every moment in this pain till i die alone?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please dont think of suicide; at least for the sake of your innocent child. Do you want to deprive him of having a mother? Do you know how much he/she needs you and your love?! There are ups and

May Allah help alleviate your situation. I think you might already know this, but life after suicide will be infinitely worse than this temporary life.

Salam, Please see a doctor and therapist as soon a possible. Life is difficult, no doubt, but giving up is just not an option.  Though it might not seem like it but you are not lonely, All

• Moderators

Salam,

Please see a doctor and therapist as soon a possible. Life is difficult, no doubt, but giving up is just not an option. 

1 hour ago, Guest sara said:

is it better to end this misery or continue living every moment in this pain till i die alone?

Though it might not seem like it but you are not lonely, Allah is with you every second of your life. Make a habit to have heart to heart conversations with Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). He always has time for us and has power over everything. Hang in there,sis.

• Veteran Member

Sister Sara,

We hear you sister and you are not alone in this world.

I know you are a wonderful person just by acknowledging that you were blessed with a child.  Sister, that man failed you and your son/daughter and it isn't your fault.  

Please sister take it one day at a time and you are a survivor.  If only the veil was removed from your eyes to see the reward that will be given to you, for all the struggles you have been through, it will reassure you to carry on.  Trust me, it will be worth all the affliction.  

Sister Sara, I plead you to ask help for Sayyida Fatymah Az Zahra to bring ease to your heart.  Talk to her and call her by her name and tell her your pain.  Ask her, ya Zahra help me pass through my afflictions.

You need to have connections with people dear sister.  A sense of community from the masjid, connect with neighbors, family, friends, reach out to them sister.  Ask Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to bring people in your life who will bring you assurance and comfort.

We are rooting for you sister, thank you for reaching out.  Please continue to keep us informed of your situation.  We care for you, wherever you may be in this world.  God bless your child.  Can you tell us more about him/her, if you don't mind?  Is he/she able to communicate?  How old is he/she?

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN ALLAH 

Edited by Laayla
Guest sara
2 hours ago, shadow_of_light said:

Please dont think of suicide; at least for the sake of your innocent child. Do you want to deprive him of having a mother? Do you know how much he/she needs you and your love?!

There are ups and downs in every one's life. Who knows? Maybe the next year, you will have a happy life!

The man whose quote is in my signature, was a great scientist who had a very difficult childhood. His father abandoned the family in a country where they had no relative and forced them to leave their house (to meet his second wife's demands!). His father even was going to kill his children but fortunately he failed. His mother was paralyzed from the neck down. They were so poor that sometimes they didnt have anything to eat so they gathered slices of hard bread, washed and ate them. He had a very difficult life but what happened to him? He became a famous successful physicist. So dont lose your hope! You can have a good successful life if you try to be more strong and patient.

And dont forget that your life in this world is temporary and too short compared to your eternal life. You can suppose that God has employed you as the guardian of a disabled orphan child and He will pay your wage in the next world. Is it absolutely unbearable?!

Salam everyone,

and thank you all for your kind words and advice for me, means a lot to me, May Allah Pak reward you all for these kind words.

Sister Layla asked to build a bit more connections and tell a bit more about my child,

making connections is very difficult at this moment, i have been cut off from the mosque and friends etc because i was 24x7 busy with my child, and since 2 years i am bedridden due to bad health, and unfortunately except Allah there is no one else to whom i can talk.

my child lives in a care centre as he needs care 24x7 , and with this bad health i cant even walk so taking care of him is too difficult now, he is 17 but he cant communicate, speaks only few words, if he is in pain he screams and cries but cant tell whats happening to him, so its quite painfull when you cant even help your own child.

• Advanced Member

Maybe Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has prepared a great reward for you. So always be grateful to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and try to follow the lath of AhleBait (عليه السلام). surely choosen ones like you get tested by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). So make sure not to dis appoint Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and AhlulBait (عليه السلام). just remember no trial could be as hard as Karbala was. So when you feel sad, go to YouTube and see Majalis of Shahadat of AhleBait (عليه السلام). thats what i used to do at some points. 

• Veteran Member
On 1/24/2021 at 7:38 PM, Guest sara said:

Salam everyone,

and thank you all for your kind words and advice for me, means a lot to me, May Allah Pak reward you all for these kind words.

Sister Layla asked to build a bit more connections and tell a bit more about my child,

making connections is very difficult at this moment, i have been cut off from the mosque and friends etc because i was 24x7 busy with my child, and since 2 years i am bedridden due to bad health, and unfortunately except Allah there is no one else to whom i can talk.

my child lives in a care centre as he needs care 24x7 , and with this bad health i cant even walk so taking care of him is too difficult now, he is 17 but he cant communicate, speaks only few words, if he is in pain he screams and cries but cant tell whats happening to him, so its quite painfull when you cant even help your own child.

Wa Alikum Assalam dear Sister Sara.

Even when you are bedridden, there is an opportunity to do dhikr.  Do not despair sister.  We all have our trials and tribulations sister.  Start the day showing gratitude and thankfulness to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).  A small change can sprout into positive energy and state of mind.

God bless you and your son.  Patience is golden.  Not just for you, but for all of us dear sister.  This is an opportunity to read Quran, and have a bond with it.  Everything else will take its course.  Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) continue to bless you and give you strength.  Please consider joining ShiaChat.  I've joined over a decade ago, and you can meet and share your experiences with other caring Muslims.

• Advanced Member
On 1/24/2021 at 9:59 AM, Guest sara said:

In islam suicide is totally forbidden and haram, but when a person becomes tired and hopeless what option is left? 

My mother passed away in my childhood, got a step mom who made my life a hell, my father never gave love to me, I got married in search for happiness but he turned out to be the most selfish person in my life, Allah blessed me with a severe disabled child and thats why my husband left me too. 

Struggling day and night with the struggles of life, being lonely, being sick, and getting older dont see any way out now, prayers and duas all seem to be unanswered, is it better to end this misery or continue living every moment in this pain till i die alone?

Salaam alaikum dear sister,

A number of our companions, from Ahmad Bin Muhammad Bin Khalid, from his father, from Ibrahim Bin Muhammad Al Ashary, from Abu Yahya Al Hannat, from Abdullah Bin Abu Yafour who said,

‘I complained to Abu Abdullah (Imam Ja'far Al-Saadiq) (asws) of what I face from the pains, and I was sick. So he (asws) said to me: ‘O Abdullah! If the Momin was to know what is for him from the Recompense in the difficulties, he would desire to be cut (into pieces) with the scissors’.

Al Kafi V 2 – The Book Of Belief and Disbelief CH 106 H 15

The Holy Prophet (saws) said

There is a station in Paradise that none can attain except a just leader, or one who has maintained relations with his kin, or who is forbearing with his family

al-Khisal, p. 93, no. 39; Mizan ul Hikmah, page No. 670

Imam Ja'far Al-Saadiq (asws) said

Whoever from amongst our Shi`aa is tried with an affliction and endures it will be granted the reward of a thousand martyrs

al-Tamhis, p. 59, no. 125; Mizan ul Hikmah, page No. 685

Imam Ja'far Al-Saadiq (asws) said

Whoever, when suffering from an ailment, patiently endures it and considers it a means of proximity to Allah, Allah writes down for him the same reward as that of a thousand martyrs

Tibb al-A'imma (عليه السلام), p. 17; Mizan ul Hikmah, page No. 686

Imam Amir-ul-Mu'mineen Ali (asws) said

Verily if you are patient, the trials of destiny will befall you and you will be rewarded for them, whilst if you are anxious, not only will the trials of destiny still befall you but they will cover you over

Jami`a al-Akhbar, p. 316, no. 882; Mizan ul Hikmah, page No. 687

Holy Prophet Muhammad al Mustafa ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).w.) was once asked what faith was, to which he replied, 'Patience.'

Musakkin al-Fu'ad, no. 47; Mizan ul Hikmah, page No. 683

Verily victory comes with perseverance, and deliverance with hardship, and verily with difficulty comes ease.

Bihar al-Anwar, v. 77, p. 88, no. 2; Mizan ul Hikmah, page No. 685

Imam Ali ibn Musa al-Riza (asws) said

I heard Imam al-Riza (asws) say: "Alif, lam, mim. Do people imagine that they will be left off (on their own) saying: "We believe!" and they will not be tried", and he then asked me, 'What is trial?' I said, 'May my soul be sacrificed for you, what I know is that it is to be tested in religion.' He said, 'They [the believers] will be tried the way gold is tried', he then said, 'They will be purified the way gold is purified (Tradition by Mu`aammar b. Khallad)

al-Kafi, v. 1, p. 370, no. 4; Mizan ul Hikmah, page No. 952

Please do explore these articles as well,

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.hubeali.com/articles/AMominNeverCommitsSuicide.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwi19cebprbuAhUzwzgGHcksBBAQFjADegQIDBAB&usg=AOvVaw0V0u5ooeGPJen18Dl8tfCS

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.hubeali.com/articles/Trials-ForgivenessAndRewards.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwi19cebprbuAhUzwzgGHcksBBAQFjAFegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw2PXdCATWfmTGBIT9_oSgA7

• Veteran Member
14 hours ago, Guest sara said:

Salam everyone,

Salam 

The One who created you gave you the ability, strength and patience to overcome the difficulties. You just must have confidence in yourself.

Can you take pain killers to your son when he has pain?

By the way, when suicidal thoughts come into your mind and you feel that you need to commit suicide and people's advices dont make you change your decision, then at least postpone it to the next year. Give your life another opportunity; maybe it will improve by the next year.

• Advanced Member
On 1/23/2021 at 8:29 PM, Guest sara said:

What I am going to say might seem a bit harsh but... yeah. I was wondering the same thing after reading your post this morning and then I decided to watch Attack on Titan today(it's quite harsh so it's not wiseto watch it if you can't handle violenc), I was wondering, if that situation was real, wouldn't it be better to just give up? Why suffer through all those losses? Is it really worth it?

and then I realized, we don't choose life or death. it's given to us and all we have to do is make the best of it. this might not even be true from an Islamic perspective but it is a goood way to think about it, even during suicide, you don't choose to die, you die because Allah makes you die. the reason why you go to hell is because you died in a state of ungratefulness or kufr.

No matter what situation you're put in, everything around you is a creation of Allah. the world is not perfect so there is always going to be suffering but all you have to do is make the best out of yourself and the situation. All you can is try to be more perfect! and this isn't something to be achieved in the future or something, It is now and only now. You have to be better now! because now, or the present is the only period that's real. the future is not real yet! And if you don't know how to do that, then you can always look towards Islam for guidelines, after that's what it's here for. even if you know very little about it use it to better yourself. The best, and the easiest way is to have a relationship with Allah and to worship him. because he is your source and your creator, in fact that is what perfection is, like Imam Hussain said, "what has he lost the one who has found you and what has he gained the one who has lost you.

• Veteran Member
19 hours ago, Guest sara said:

Salam everyone,

Bismehe Ta3ala 

Assalam Alikum dear Sister Sara,

Insh'Allah sister in due time, you will have progress and feel better.  Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is Most Merciful and changes a condition to a better one.

When was the last time you saw your son?  Does he recognize you?

Please look into working on improving your health, make appointments with doctors, and take it day by day.  If you want, write down your progress, your feelings, your short and long term goals.

Keep your mind healthy and Insh'Allah with time, patience and dua, you'll see improvements dear sister.

Guest A simple guest

Dear Sister Sara,

Peace be upon your beautiful and resilient soul, and may Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) reward you greatly for all that you endure. Your words have found their way to my heart and I send you my sincerest love and prayers. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) keep you strong and patient and continue to be your guide in every difficult moment. May He ease your mind, soothe your tears, and lighten the heaviness upon you. You are certainly precious to the Lord. He is watching over you with Love. He sees your potential and has written for you the best of rewards for your patience inshaAllah.

Please take care of your beautiful soul and your mental health. Please seek whatever professional support is available in your area, and if you are unsure where to find this help or need assistance in doing so, please reach out—perhaps someone on here can help connect you inshaAllah. 

My deep love and duas to you dear Sister, may Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) grant you ease and delight your heart with His wonders. 

Guest sara
14 hours ago, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala 

Insh'Allah sister in due time, you will have progress and feel better.  Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is Most Merciful and changes a condition to a better one.

When was the last time you saw your son?  Does he recognize you?

Please look into working on improving your health, make appointments with doctors, and take it day by day.  If you want, write down your progress, your feelings, your short and long term goals.

Keep your mind healthy and Insh'Allah with time, patience and dua, you'll see improvements dear sister.

Wsalam dear sister,

i saw quite a long time ago, 

i will try work on my health more

Thank you very much all of you for your kind words and advices

May Allah Pak reward you all

• Veteran Member
On 1/26/2021 at 6:12 AM, Guest sara said:

Wsalam dear sister,

Bismehe Ta3ala 

Assalam Alikum dear Sister Sara

Do you know the speaker Hajj Khalil Jafar?

I would like to recommend this video for you dear sister.  When you can, please watch this video.

God bless you sister.  Insh'Allah we seek the pleasure of God.

• Advanced Member

Salam ,

Sister your situation is very difficult and not easy to overcome . If you are going through a hard time remembering or that a good time is on the way ,Inshallah . Regarding suicide , it is a great sin and would result the worst of punishments you can ever imagine . If you are Shi'a what else would you want on the day of judgment other than being alongside with the Ahlulbayt (عليه السلام) . If you truly seek that then think of your like as precious and strive hard to gain the lofty position of being among the righteous on the day of judgment .

"Allah does not burden a soul beyond that it can bear ." - Al Baqarah verse286.

Mawla Hazrat Abul Hassan Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib (عليه السلام) says:

"Smile even if your heart is bleeding on the inside ."

So you see the problems are just a test from Allah to see how much of a believer you really are , either you disobey Allah by giving up and taking your own life or put your trust in Him and strive for the good.

I hope this Helps 

AbalFadhl 

• Veteran Member
On 1/26/2021 at 2:12 PM, Guest sara said:

Wsalam dear sister,

Bismehe Ta3ala 

Assalam Alikum 

Sister Sara, are you okay?  How was your day today?

Guest sara
18 hours ago, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala 

Assalam Alikum 

Sister Sara, are you okay?  How was your day today?

Wsalam sister,

im ok just a bit unwell, hope will be better soon.  Thanks a lot for your concern, May Allah Pak blesses you and your family

regards

• Basic Members
On 1/24/2021 at 7:59 AM, Guest sara said:

Salam.

(2:153) Believers!153 Seek help in patience and in Prayer; Allah is with those that are patient.154

(2:155) We shall certainly test you by afflicting you with fear, hunger, loss of properties and lives and fruits. Give glad tidings, then, to those who remain patient;

Do people think once they say, “We believe,” that they will be left without being put to the test?

We certainly tested those before them. And ˹in this way˺ Allah will clearly distinguish between those who are truthful and those who are liars.

congratulations for the test you've got from the Almighty Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).

• Advanced Member
On 1/24/2021 at 9:29 AM, Guest sara said:

Very sorry to hear what you're going through. I am battling massive depression right now, and was seriously considering suicide until recently. I still feel very helpless, but I know that giving up on life isn't the solution. If you're already at the lowest point in your life, please know that things can only get better now. I feel my prayers are not being answered, but I'll pray for you to find peace, and success in your life. May God help you and relieve you of your sorrows. 

• Moderators
21 hours ago, inneedofprayers said:

I am battling massive depression right now, and was seriously considering suicide until recently.

Lots of people I know have felt themselves in the darkest deepest bottomless pits at some point, myself included. Allah is there. He lends a helping hand to whoever who calls out to Him, though we might not always have felt it. 

For me each time the solution has been to use the moments of despair to get closer to Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). Add another dua, another Salat, another act of submission to your daily routine and it's helps you move on eventually.

PS. Reading all these posts, I wish there was a online support group where people can just talk when they need someone. Letting it out surely relieves the burden.

Edited by starlight
Missed a word
  • Advanced Member
Just now, starlight said:

Lots of people I know have felt themselves in the darkest deepest bottomless pits at some point, myself included. Allah is there. He lends a helping hand to whoever who calls out to Him, though we might always have felt it. 

For me each time the solution has been to use the moments of despair to get closer to Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). Add another dua, another Salat, another act of submission to your daily routine and it's helps you move on eventually.

PS. Reading all these posts, I wish there was a online support group where people can just talk when they need someone. Letting it out surely relieves the burden.

Thank you for reaching out. May God reward you for your concern and kindness. :)

• Basic Members
5 minutes ago, starlight said:

Lots of people I know have felt themselves in the darkest deepest bottomless pits at some point, myself included. Allah is there. He lends a helping hand to whoever who calls out to Him, though we might always have felt it. 

I was and I'm always at your services, in any case someone needs an ear to hear their words or ideas or just to talk. proud to be the one who got the chance of such bless by hearing and talking to people.

• Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, Ham14 said:

I was and I'm always at your services, in any case someone needs an ear to hear their words or ideas or just to talk. proud to be the one who got the chance of such bless by hearing and talking to people.

Hi, Is it ok if I message you privately?

Guest sara
On 26/01/2021 at 12:40 AM, Guest A simple guest said:

Dear Sister Sara,

Peace be upon your beautiful and resilient soul, and may Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) reward you greatly for all that you endure. Your words have found their way to my heart and I send you my sincerest love and prayers. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) keep you strong and patient and continue to be your guide in every difficult moment. May He ease your mind, soothe your tears, and lighten the heaviness upon you. You are certainly precious to the Lord. He is watching over you with Love. He sees your potential and has written for you the best of rewards for your patience inshaAllah.

Please take care of your beautiful soul and your mental health. Please seek whatever professional support is available in your area, and if you are unsure where to find this help or need assistance in doing so, please reach out—perhaps someone on here can help connect you inshaAllah. 

My deep love and duas to you dear Sister, may Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) grant you ease and delight your heart with His wonders. 

Thanks a lot for your kind words and prayers 

May Allah Pak reward you for your every kind word

• Veteran Member
8 hours ago, Guest sara said:

Wsalam sister,

im ok just a bit unwell, hope will be better soon.  Thanks a lot for your concern, May Allah Pak blesses you and your family

regards

Assalam Alikum sister 

I'm very happy you are with us.  God bless your son.  My dear friend shared this text with me today and I wanted to pass it along to you.

When our hearts go through the stages of trial and we use those trials to get closer...by detaching the heart and by expanding our ability to endure
Life gets easier

It's not that the tests will end
No
They will continue to be present and very difficult
But you have the key to pass with speed

And this reminded me of how they say the believers will pass the Serat al mustaqeem swiftly
and how Ameer al mumineen helps us pass even faster

What do you think Sister Sara?  

Guest sara
7 hours ago, inneedofprayers said:

Very sorry to hear what you're going through. I am battling massive depression right now, and was seriously considering suicide until recently. I still feel very helpless, but I know that giving up on life isn't the solution. If you're already at the lowest point in your life, please know that things can only get better now. I feel my prayers are not being answered, but I'll pray for you to find peace, and success in your life. May God help you and relieve you of your sorrows. 

Thank you very much for your prayers i will pray too for you that Allah Pak relieves your worries too 

Guest sara
9 hours ago, Ham14 said:

Salam.

(2:153) Believers!153 Seek help in patience and in Prayer; Allah is with those that are patient.154

(2:155) We shall certainly test you by afflicting you with fear, hunger, loss of properties and lives and fruits. Give glad tidings, then, to those who remain patient;

Do people think once they say, “We believe,” that they will be left without being put to the test?

We certainly tested those before them. And ˹in this way˺ Allah will clearly distinguish between those who are truthful and those who are liars.

congratulations for the test you've got from the Almighty Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).

Wsalam,

i will pray i pass this test patience

Thank you

Guest sara
10 hours ago, Laayla said:

Assalam Alikum sister 

I'm very happy you are with us.  God bless your son.  My dear friend shared this text with me today and I wanted to pass it along to you.

When our hearts go through the stages of trial and we use those trials to get closer...by detaching the heart and by expanding our ability to endure
Life gets easier

It's not that the tests will end
No
They will continue to be present and very difficult
But you have the key to pass with speed

And this reminded me of how they say the believers will pass the Serat al mustaqeem swiftly
and how Ameer al mumineen helps us pass even faster

What do you think Sister Sara?  

Wsalam sister,

Thank uou for forwarding the nice text, i will pray Allah Pak blesses me more patience do that i can go through these trial patiently, and hopefully it will help on the of judgement too

lots of duas you and all the members who are sharing kind words and trying to help me, it really gives me hope that still there are good people on this earth, 

May Allah Pak bless you all

best regards

• Veteran Member
12 hours ago, Guest sara said:

Wsalam sister,

Thank uou for forwarding the nice text, i will pray Allah Pak blesses me more patience do that i can go through these trial patiently, and hopefully it will help on the of judgement too

lots of duas you and all the members who are sharing kind words and trying to help me, it really gives me hope that still there are good people on this earth, 

May Allah Pak bless you all

best regards

Bismehe Ta3ala 

Insh'Allah you are well and in good health.

Did you end up watching the video of Hajj Khalil Jafar?

Sister, you are one of the good people.  All you wanted is a support system, people who care, those who ask about others.  

If you would like join ShiaChat, and you can be a part of this community.

God bless you.

Guest sara
6 hours ago, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala 

Insh'Allah you are well and in good health.

Did you end up watching the video of Hajj Khalil Jafar?

Sister, you are one of the good people.  All you wanted is a support system, people who care, those who ask about others.  

If you would like join ShiaChat, and you can be a part of this community.

God bless you.

Wsalam sister,

yes i watched the video of Hajj Khalil jafar,

i will try to join shia chat

best regards