Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Guidance

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Bismillahirrahmanirahim, im here to seek guidance on how to respond to people who speak with such attitude and dirty talk. I have been a victim of this for a while and I have kept quite but will no longer do so. Id like to seek advice (Islamic Guidance) on how to respond to such a manner. Are there any retaliation methods i can use that dont go against our guidelines as Muslims? Or do I continue to stay silent which has only been adding fuel to the fire?  Please I need help.

• Advanced Member
56 minutes ago, Mohammed Ali Hammoud said:

Bismillahirrahmanirahim, im here to seek guidance on how to respond to people who speak with such attitude and dirty talk. I have been a victim of this for a while and I have kept quite but will no longer do so. Id like to seek advice (Islamic Guidance) on how to respond to such a manner. Are there any retaliation methods i can use that dont go against our guidelines as Muslims? Or do I continue to stay silent which has only been adding fuel to the fire?  Please I need help.

Salam.

Well there is no "Islamic method of retaliation" in these situations as Islam is not a religion of revenge. It's a religion of defense. 

According to hadith, you have three methods to deal with this.

When people would say harsh things to our Imams(عليه السلام). They(عليه السلام) would say: If what you say is true about me, then may Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) forgive me. If what you say is wrong about me, then may Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) forgive you.

Second option Silence.

Third option just distance yourself from these people completely and do not go near them. Stand up for yourself not with hurling abuse at them but by telling them what they are doing is wrong morally and spiritually. 

Though a fun fact is that if you do not engage in abusive behavior yourself and if someone is coming in and using "dirty talk" with you. Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) sends an angel to reply to these people on your behalf whilst you're standing there as long as you do not hurl any abusive language yourself, the angel will remain there. For every word spoken against you, the angels would reply even more harshly to these people which their physical bodies cannot hear but their soul would be trembling in this world and the here-after. And while you are silent and letting the angel reply. Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will fill your good deeds book because you remained silent for the sake of religion and showed patience. But as soon as you stoop to their level, the book would close and the angel would go away. 

Hope this helps wasalam.

• Advanced Member

Salaam, In my opinion your silence has been the best response.  Be patient, soon your patience will bear fruit. Your silence has put you on moral/righteous high ground.  You can not respond to them at their level.  Wise man does not respond to ‘barking dogs’ in kind.

Golden words by Hazrat Ali ibn Abi Talib (may Allah be pleased with him)

Safety lies in silence. It is easier to rectify what you miss by silence, than to secure what you lose by speaking.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Mohammed Ali Hammoud said:

The best things to do are to stay patient and to not argue with them.

Patience is the key to everything. You need to patience to do everything good. 

Imam Ali (عليه السلام) said,

"Silence is the best reply to a fool." 

"The moment you start arguing with a fool, you have already lost."

"I will stay patient until even patience tires of my patience."