Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What if one can't bring oneself to read Namaz?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam. If one can not bring oneself to read namaz, will their other good acts still be accepted by Allah? For example, what if one was to read the Quran and recite other duas? Of course one knows that it is not a substitute for namaz and never can be either, but will one still receive the thawab for these acts if one is not performing their obligatory prayers or other obligatory acts? Can anyone tell me what Ayatullah Sistani's view is on this? JazakAllah.

Edited by Aflower
  • Advanced Member

If they are not reading out of arrogance eg I knows it's part of Islam but I don't want to or have to. 

That's pretty bad it's being a fasiq 

If it through weakness. Repent and strive to improve yourself.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Aflower said:

If one can not bring oneself to read namaz

Then a deep introspection is required.

It has been related from the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).), “Prayer is the buttress of religion. If it is accepted, by Allah, the Most High, every other good deed by the faithful is accepted. And if it is rejected, every other good deed is rejected”. (From Ayatullah Sistani's website)

----------------------

Imam As-Sadiq (peace be upon him) has said: “The first thing for which a person shall be subjected to reckoning is prayers. If they are accepted, all his other deeds shall (also) be accepted. But if rejected, all his other deeds shall (also) be rejected.”Wasa’ilush Shi`a, Volume 3, Page 22

-----------------------

The Noble Prophet (peace be upon him and his progeny) has said: “The good deeds of one who, without any appropriate excuse does not offer his prayer until its time passes away, are annulled.” He then said: “The divide between a believer and disbelief is the abandonment of prayers.”

-----------------

The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him and his progeny) has said: “One who considers the prayers to be insignificant and trivial is not from me. By Allah! He shall never come close to me at the pool of Kauthar.”

-----------------

The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him and his progeny) has said: “Prayer is the pillar of your religion and one who intentionally forsakes his prayer has destroyed his religion. And one who does not guard the times of the prayers, shall be made to enter ‘Wayl’, which is a valley in Hell.

Edited by starlight
  • Veteran Member

This is something one can not do without. There are many hadiths that say that if someone takes salat/namaz/prayers lightly then they will not receive intercession and will run into big problems. I highly recommend reading these hadiths. One good way is to join some social media groups that share hadiths regularly. Address the little pebbles in the way that seem like mountains to you right now blocking the way of establishing the habit. If you find ablution hard, get in the habit of keeping in a state of ablution. Above all, pray to Allah to help overcome this.

Namaz has immense worldly and health benefits as well. You should work on changing your mind.

• Advanced Member
16 hours ago, The Green Knight said:

This is something one can not do without. There are many hadiths that say that if someone takes salat/namaz/prayers lightly then they will not receive intercession and will run into big problems. I highly recommend reading these hadiths. One good way is to join some social media groups that share hadiths regularly. Address the little pebbles in the way that seem like mountains to you right now blocking the way of establishing the habit. If you find ablution hard, get in the habit of keeping in a state of ablution. Above all, pray to Allah to help overcome this.

Namaz has immense worldly and health benefits as well. You should work on changing your mind.

@The Green KnightThank you for explaining this so eloquently. Could you please recommend some good social media sites that reference such hadiths. JA.