Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Wudhu

Rate this topic

Guest Islam

Salam,  does anyone have a video that shows how to do wudhu according to syed sistani because I do not understand how the below mentioned ruling is done. I do not get how to wipe head with the palm of hand?  like it says on the below mentioned ruling. 

Ruling 248. And the recommended precaution is that one should wipe with the palm of his right hand and that he should wipe from top to bottom [i.e. in a direction towards his forehead].

https://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2152/

• Advanced Member

This ruling means that it is better (as a precaution) to use the palm of the right hand. That does not mean it is necessary. This ruling suggests that one can wipe the head with any of the wetness remaining on his hands. Hence, he can wipe with the fingers of the right hand, the back of the right hand, the fingers of the left hand, the back of the left hand, etc.

42 minutes ago, Guest Islam said:

I do not get how to wipe head with the palm of hand?

What do you not understand? The palm refers to the area of the entire inside of the hand excluding the fingers. You can place the palm onto the head in a sideways direction and then move it slightly forward (to any extent) in a direction towards the forehead. Make sure the hand does not touch the forehead. Females who have long hair must ensure that the wetness reaches the skin or the roots of the hair.

43 minutes ago, Guest Islam said:

Salam,  does anyone have a video that shows how to do wudhu according to syed sistani

You can go on youtube and search Ayatollah Sistani wudu. You will find a video of Al-Sayyid As-Sistani performing wudu.

Guest Islam

Salam, what syed sistani mean by (qasd) in the below mentioned ruling? If someone can please help me

Ruling 247. In wuḍūʾ, washing the face and arms once is obligatory, twice recommended, and three times or more unlawful. The first washing is complete when one pours – with the intention (qaṣd) of performing wuḍūʾ –. 

https://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2152/

• Veteran Member

:salam:

I guess the brother was wondering why 'qasd' and not 'niyya'. 

Well I guess 'niyya' (intention) applies for a spiritual preparation for `ibada, while 'qasd' (attempt) seems more like a step/move/way to achieve that act, or at least a part of it. 

Like for salat you make your intention of qurba ('niyya') , but you decide to recite surah Al ikhlass after Fatiha ('qasd').

Someone please correct me if wrong. 

Edited by realizm