Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Understanding verse 47:19

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

Now don't you find this laughable?

2 hours ago, Eddie Mecca said:

attributed to Mary, mother of Jesus...no sin is attributed to John The Baptist...in Luke 1:6 we read, "And they (i.e. Zechariah and Elizabeth) were both

Miriam changed to "mary"

lsa -as changed to Jesus

Yahya -as changed to John

Change of spelling for Zech which is not a misnomer

No such person as Elizibeth

lf the names are changed, then ain't the stories also changed?

• Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Now don't you find this laughable?

Glad I could be a source of great amusement for you

• Advanced Member
20 hours ago, hasanhh said:

l found this while doing some research

Congratulations! You're a Biblical scholar now...move over Bart Ehrman 

• Advanced Member
On 1/24/2021 at 4:41 PM, Dave follower of The Way said:

Why?

No sin is attributed to Job in the Book of Job..."There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil." - Job 1:1...and, "The LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered My servant Job? For there is no one like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, fearing God and turning away from evil." - Job 1:8...also, "Through all this Job did not sin nor did he blame God." -Job 1:22

• Advanced Member
On 1/24/2021 at 4:41 PM, Dave follower of The Way said:

Why?

Matthew 5:48 reads, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect" Also, Jesus said to the man whom he had healed, “Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.” John 5:14. Jesus didn't say, "start sinning less than before"; NO!, He said, “sin no more.” Was Jesus being sadistic here and asking us to endlessly chase a golden carrot which isn't achievable?? Or is human perfection indeed obtainable??

Edited by Eddie Mecca
  • Advanced Member

Thank you for all these coments about 'blameless'

Thank you too for telling me I was sinless prior to pubity.

Do you look at your own life in the light of God's holiness and light?  Do you measure your life with the moral code that God gave in the 10 comandments?  Particularly through the lense of the interpretation given by Jesus the Messiah in the sermon on the mount.

I know when I do, there are times in the past and even today when I don't match up. - I get angry with my wife, I say nasty things about car drivers who cut me up, I look at what others have and covet, I make promises to people and to God and don't keep them.

I know too that before I reached pubity, I intentionally insulted my parents, hurt other children at school, told many lies (knowingly) and stole from the local shop to satisfy my greed.

It is very easy to talk about theological interpretations of words and to listen to stories about prophets from old times.  But is that a ploy to avoid looking into our own souls and dealing with what is there?

Paul, famously said, "I am the chief of sinners".  I believe as we aproach the light we see clearer our faults and short commings.

What are we going to do about them?  What has God done about them?  Does thinking that a prophet is sinless help us?  Do we have examples of people who have struggled, fallen and been picked up and become victorious?