Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

My Wife wants me to divorce her.

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
49 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

If I divorce my wife and the divorce is finalise, can she say afterwards you have to pay my mahr and the money you owe me?

Yes brother 

Whatever Mahr u have agreed upon prior to the marriage, u will have to give it to her unless... She either forgives the Mahr (which she won't) or maybe if u talk to her she could possibly reduce the Mahr so then u could divorce her 

Of course working it out is much preferred than divorcing but both u know better where your relationship is heading to 

• Basic Members
2 hours ago, MohammadAli1993 said:

Yes brother 

Whatever Mahr u have agreed upon prior to the marriage, u will have to give it to her unless... She either forgives the Mahr (which she won't) or maybe if u talk to her she could possibly reduce the Mahr so then u could divorce her 

Of course working it out is much preferred than divorcing but both u know better where your relationship is heading to 

She had no mahr but it said upon divorce I had to pay her sum amount of money.

• Advanced Member
25 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

Without a determined mahr at the time of saying the marriage contract, the marriage contract is incomplete. If this is the case (there is no determined mahr) then you are not married. Hence, in this case, she cannot demand anything of you and it is not possible to divorce since you are not married.

• Advanced Member
19 minutes ago, Muhammad Al-Hurr said:

Without a determined mahr at the time of saying the marriage contract, the marriage contract is incomplete. If this is the case (there is no determined mahr) then you are not married. Hence, in this case, she cannot demand anything of you and it is not possible to divorce since you are not married.

Maybe he gave her an object instead and is now confused on the demand of money. A mahr can even be one grain of barley.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Harbinger said:

If you owe her money, you will continue to owe it after divorce, but if you don't, you still won't. There is no divorce fee, but divorce does not absolve debt. 

If you have children with your ex-wife, you are still obligated to provide for them until they are adult and able to provide for themselves. You don't divorce your children. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Harbinger said:

What mahr did you agree to when you married? If that is unpaid, you have to give what you have agreed. If there is no mahr the marriage is invalid. 

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

The Mahr was just a quran.

If you've given her that Quran already, and you are not indebted to her for other reasons, you do not owe her anything except financial support during her iddah time. 

Edited by notme
  • Basic Members
18 hours ago, notme said:

If you've given her that Quran already, and you are not indebted to her for other reasons, you do not owe her anything except financial support during her iddah time. 

Hey I need to PM you about something but I can't. Its very important please help me.