Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Saw Imam Hussain ((عليه السلام)) In Dream

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Hello!

I am hoping to get any scholars opinion regarding a dream I saw recently. But before I get into the details of the dream it is important to note that though I firmly believe in Allah's existence and in the Ahlul Bayt ((عليه السلام)), I consider myself a very weak muslim in practice (seldom pray, listen to music e.t.c). In fact I have committed grave sins which I am very ashamed of.

In my dream I woke dark room which I was certain was underground and I saw a working over a grave. The grave was open with a man laying in it with a green cloth covering the body. The cloth was mesh like and I could slightly see the face. That's when I suddenly realised that it was Imam Hussain ((عليه السلام)). He than woke up and rose from the grave. He called the othe man 'Ammar' and started discussing with him something that I did not hear. I was so mesmerized by his beauty. He had a grey beard which not long and not too short. His body seemed very lean (in a good way) and he looked very much like a young man. The only thing that gave away his old age was the grey colour of his beard. He was also talk compared to the other man. His face also had glow or shine, similar to how the moon light reflects on a pond.

The scene suddenly shifts. We are now in corridor of a building and the Imam ((عليه السلام)) is sitting on a chair, the other man 'Ammar' leaves the room and I am alone with him. The Imam is looking out of a big window towards the street. The street is crowded but the people outside didn't notice us because we were at an elevation and it was night time. I could immediately deduce that this must be the street of Karbala. The Imam ((عليه السلام)) kept on looking outside and I sensed that I should leave too. But I then felt like I must ask the Imam ((عليه السلام)) something before I leave. The only words that came out of my mouth were 'Ya Maoula, please forgive my sins'. The Imam ((عليه السلام)) didn't even look at me and the expression on his face didn't change. He pointed his finger of the right hand towards me while still looking outside and said 'Go, I forgive you'. He than continued resting on the chair and looked out the window into the crowd. I left the hall and suddenly the scene changed. 

I was among a crowd of people that seemed to know and I them. The rest of the dream I tried to convince those people of what I saw and after a while I woke up.

I would appreciate anyone who may interpret this dream and tell me its meaning or guide me as to whether it was my subconscious or if I really saw the Imam ((عليه السلام)). I was really disheartened by the way that the Imam ((عليه السلام)) didn't even look at me or talk to me. The way he forgave me was also different. It was as if he just forgave me because I had asked for it. There was no happiness in his eyes or face when he said it.

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, OneMan said:

Hello!

I am hoping to get any scholars opinion regarding a dream I saw recently. But before I get into the details of the dream it is important to note that though I firmly believe in Allah's existence and in the Ahlul Bayt ((عليه السلام)), I consider myself a very weak muslim in practice (seldom pray, listen to music e.t.c). In fact I have committed grave sins which I am very ashamed of.

In my dream I woke dark room which I was certain was underground and I saw a working over a grave. The grave was open with a man laying in it with a green cloth covering the body. The cloth was mesh like and I could slightly see the face. That's when I suddenly realised that it was Imam Hussain ((عليه السلام)). He than woke up and rose from the grave. He called the othe man 'Ammar' and started discussing with him something that I did not hear. I was so mesmerized by his beauty. He had a grey beard which not long and not too short. His body seemed very lean (in a good way) and he looked very much like a young man. The only thing that gave away his old age was the grey colour of his beard. He was also talk compared to the other man. His face also had glow or shine, similar to how the moon light reflects on a pond.

The scene suddenly shifts. We are now in corridor of a building and the Imam ((عليه السلام)) is sitting on a chair, the other man 'Ammar' leaves the room and I am alone with him. The Imam is looking out of a big window towards the street. The street is crowded but the people outside didn't notice us because we were at an elevation and it was night time. I could immediately deduce that this must be the street of Karbala. The Imam ((عليه السلام)) kept on looking outside and I sensed that I should leave too. But I then felt like I must ask the Imam ((عليه السلام)) something before I leave. The only words that came out of my mouth were 'Ya Maoula, please forgive my sins'. The Imam ((عليه السلام)) didn't even look at me and the expression on his face didn't change. He pointed his finger of the right hand towards me while still looking outside and said 'Go, I forgive you'. He than continued resting on the chair and looked out the window into the crowd. I left the hall and suddenly the scene changed. 

I was among a crowd of people that seemed to know and I them. The rest of the dream I tried to convince those people of what I saw and after a while I woke up.

I would appreciate anyone who may interpret this dream and tell me its meaning or guide me as to whether it was my subconscious or if I really saw the Imam ((عليه السلام)). I was really disheartened by the way that the Imam ((عليه السلام)) didn't even look at me or talk to me. The way he forgave me was also different. It was as if he just forgave me because I had asked for it. There was no happiness in his eyes or face when he said it.

Al Salamu Alykum Wa rahmat Allah. In a Book Called Tafsir al Ahlam, attributed to Imam al Sadiq (عليه السلام), he says that if you see Al Hassan or Al Husayn (عليهم السلام), It is a sign of good luck. And you might die a Shaheed/Martyr.

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

Nobody forgives sins except for Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)

It could have another meaning. When we sin, we hurt the Ahyle-Bayt(Peace be upon them) as They get notified of your activities. So in this dream, the OP could be getting told that he's being forgiven for the hurt he has caused. 

But as for the dream, I don't know honestly what all this means. Personally I feel dreams are just an amalgamation of everything that is going in our lives and in our subspace but Islam says some dreams can have spiritual meanings so it's all very confusing though the general rule is that don't tell anyone about your dreams. If it's bad, ignore it. If it's good, be happy and don't tell anyone except someone who does not cause you harm via evil-eye/jealousy according to hadith.

• Basic Members
8 hours ago, Ansar Shiat Ali said:

Al Salamu Alykum Wa rahmat Allah. In a Book Called Tafsir al Ahlam, attributed to Imam al Sadiq (عليه السلام), he says that if you see Al Hassan or Al Husayn (عليهم السلام), It is a sign of good luck. And you might die a Shaheed/Martyr.

I hope this is becomes true. Thank you.

• Advanced Member

I'm glad you have had some inspiration. My advice change comes through daily goal setting. Sometimes you take 2 steps toward sometimes 2 back . Don't wait for life changing or inspirational moments. The hardest times are the dull ordinary days. But keep striving all our prayers are with you and please pray to Allah alone for our sins to be forgiven.

Edited by Warilla
  • Advanced Member
18 hours ago, OneMan said:

I hope this is becomes true. Thank you.

Ur welcome! May we all die martyrs in between the hands of his Grandson, Qa'im Ale Muhammad (aj).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

Take the dream as a blessing and a opportunity, try hard to not repeat past mistakes and endeavour that you will strive to make Imam Hussain((عليه السلام)) to be smiling the next time you see him Insha'Allah.