Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Giving Up a career path For Islam.

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I have an opportunity to become a tattoo artist but I’m considering going into Or finding a new art form Because of my faith. I’m very much interested becoming an artist of some kind but tattooing may not be it. I’ve struggled to except that tattooing may be Haram and don’t know what to do now. I’m pretty sure I’m gonna leave it and make the sacrifice even though I want it badly and study some other form of art.

• Advanced Member

Majority of Sunni scholars consider tattooing forbidden as well as being a tattoo artist.

Majority of Shia scholars consider tattooing as permissible (as long as the design of the tattoo is permissible).

I would suggest you do not become a tattoo artist and study something else.

• Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, Muhammad Al-Hurr said:

Majority of Sunni scholars consider tattooing forbidden as well as being a tattoo artist.

Majority of Shia scholars consider tattooing as permissible (as long as the design of the tattoo is permissible).

I would suggest you do not become a tattoo artist and study something else.

I have excepted Sunni islam

• Advanced Member

If you give something up for the sake of God, He will replace it with something better. Speaking from experience and experiencing that right now as I type this text. Among many, MANY instances of this, in the past I was getting sucked into the video game world to the detriment of my life. So with much bitterness, I gave it up for Him, then God introduced me to the world of speed-typing, which not only gives me the same appeal I got from speedrunning games, but it is also a very useful and handy skill that I am very grateful to have. Who knows what will happen to you, but I know that you will also find something as long as you do it for His sake.