Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Intention when performing salat and ghusl

Rate this topic

Guest Islam
  1. When I performed the past  ghusl janabat or nifas etc I say with the intention of wajib qurbahtanililah was my ghusl inorder or not ? 
  2. And when I am performing the current ghusl janabat or ghusl haydh or istihaza should I say with the intention of just qurbahtinllilah or wajib qurbahtanillilah or it does not matter which one I say? 
  3. When performing the qadha salat should I say with the intention of of  qurbahtinllilah or wajib qurbahtanillilah or it does not matter which one I say? 
  4. When performing the current salat should I say with the intention of just qurbahtinllilah or wajib qurbahtanillilah or it does not matter which one I say? 

5. when making the qadha fast should I say with the intention of qurbahtinllilah or wajib qurbahtanillilah or it does not matter which one I say?
  6. when doing the current fast should I say qurbahtinllilah or wajib qurbahtanillilah or it does not matter which one I say? 

can someone please answer my questions I really need to know the answer please because I do want to say something which invalid my salat fast, salat and ghusl wudu etc 
  • Advanced Member

You have clearly received the wrong idea of what the intention is. You do not have to say anything. The intention is the motive and aim behind performing ritual acts of worship, purification, etc. Hence, as long as you know the prayer, fast, ghusl, etc. is wajib then that is sufficient. Qadha fasts, prayers, etc. are wajib.

What is required is that you perform these ritual acts with the correct intention of qurbatan ilAllah (attaining proximity to Allah). Therefore, you must have the aim of attaining proximity to Allah when performing these ritual acts. Merely saying qurbatan ilAllah in this case is insufficient as you must know the aim and motive of the acts you are performing.