Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Life Lessons and Advice Thread

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salaam 

I'm my self a student so my advice is that don't live an illusion... Okay....be realistic and never give up .. whatever happens... if you are on the right path you will face difficulties but continue... please don't ever stop even if you are making small steps...but one day you'll reach the right destination and you will be proud of yourself and looking back at all those hardships would make your achievements (doesn't have to be only materialistic or worldly achievements could be religious as well) worth it:)

And the most important thing never forget to thank Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)

Waslam

• Basic Members

Salamun alaykum wm wb, dear brother/sister.

Bismillah.

Firstly, if you made the question for your own self, ma sha Allah. It's an indicator that you might be someone who cares about your purpose in this life, or at least someone who cares enough about his/her present and/or future. If the advice sought is for another youth, ma sha Allah as well. Means you care about them? :) SubhanAllah! 

SoOoOOoo, my first and main advice would be, BE KIND. Just be it. Kind to yourself, to those around you. Kind to the ones who will eventually frustrate you (now, it doesn't mean excepting being degraded or systematically put down!!). But be such that were you to die today, ppl would remind you as one who was genuinaly kind. But why am I mentioning ppl and not Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) WHO is our aim and goal? Because at the end of the day, serving ppl IS a way of worshiping Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) too, right? Even a smile counts as sadqa, doesn't it? Don't be rude to yourself and don't be rude to others either. 

Parents. Cherish this bond, specially if it "does exist" for you. It does not for many ppl, and really, we may sometimes take it for granted, but when you read a good book, or when you hear of a good new book, one of the first things you do is what? -"Who is the author???", you'll ask. (Okay, bad parenting can also produce great honored ppl, but... it was not easy or happy for the child). Ever contemplated on how does Ziyarat e Ashura starts? Value the blood that flows through your veins!!! Pay them respect. What if they are not good to you or go harsh sometimes? Well, in the first case, it's between them and Allah. We don't pay for other's faults. Second case, every parent is like that xD ;_; 

And my last advice would be: be a good observer. But why? What for? Just so you grasp "what is missing" around you, IN YOU, in them... and develop the skill to be unto others what they failed to be unto you, or to provide the world what the world never, and most likely never, will give you. OR to provide your own self the things (skills/abilities) you don't posses yet. So for instance, if you are surrounded by ppl who are soaked in haram, by observing their ways, you'll grow to be one who can't EVEN smell the fragrance of haram happening around you that it bothers you to the core. If you have been abandoned in life, frustrated by someone you could never imagine or so, be one who never abandons their peers no matter what. Be one who is loyal till the end. If you observe you don't know how to express yourself efficiently, that's okay. Set the goal to work on it and gift yourself expression. Btw, it's so truly beautiful, a human being who knows how to convey a message. << This could be the fourth advice :D :D And the list could go on, but I'll leave it here. In sha Allah others will provide you better pieces of advices.  

May the Lord of Al Hussain (asws) bless you and protect your youth and adult life. May you never waste your time with haram, may no harm touch you, and/or the one for whom the advice is sought.  

"My Lord, our mother Fatima's (عليه السلام) anniversary is soon and I've pledged an oath to sacrifice my life for her from my early youth"
--by Shaheed Mohsen Hojaji 

• Advanced Member
22 hours ago, Guest Shia said:

What are the biggest pieces of advice from life that you would give to a young high school or college student, it could be from any aspect of life 

Salaam,

Follow principles instead of following people and your principles should be based on Islamic Sharia and Akhlaq.

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) bless you and grant you success in dunya and akhirah.